Local operation disruption!

RandomDrone

We are busy.
This is a monumental understatement. I work in a hub as a package loader and just seeing statistics like how Louisville's hub handles 2+ million packages a day, etc does not do it justice. You have to be in one of the busier hubs to actually understand how much volume we are dealing with right now. I want to get everything loaded and am expected to load 300 packages an hour. Avalanches of packages come into the truck I'm loading. I go home sore in parts of my body that I did not even know could get sore. We are breaking ourselves trying to get everything to you on time but sometimes you just can't make 2+2 equal 5. The weather just compounds all of this.

As a loyal UPS account holder and customer of twenty years or more I am pissed off with the latest handling of a expensive photoghraphic item I ordered from Best Buy. For the last four days I am getting the following exception;

"DUE TO LOCAL OPERATION DISRUPTION, PACKAGES NOT UNLOADED FROM TRAILER, EXPECT A ONE DAY BUSINESS DAY DELAY"

What in the heck is going on? My package has been in Doraville for four days? My expected delivery date has been changed four times?

Amazon would like to have "BROWNS" business, Hell, at this rate "BROWN" is giving it to them! :furious:
"WE ARE BUSY"

IS NOT A ACCEPABLE excuse for poor service! I know the guys in the trucks are busting their ass right now, but why isn't UPS hiring the necessary seasonal/temperary workers to keep the work flow moving. This is not the time to give the other carriers the edge or opportunity to get UPS market share. Or to give hard earned retail customers the incentive to try FEDEX, DHL, AMAZON or the like.
They (corporate )think they can shove a quarter through a dime.

FilingBluesFL

I am pissed off with the latest handling of a expensive photoghraphic item I ordered from Best Buy.:furious:

Unless you're buying a fixed focal length or 200-400 friend/2.8, friend/4, or friend/5.6 lens, you're buying a cheap piece of crap that's not worth all this BS.

When B&H closes for all the Jewish Holidays, do you go on photography forums and complain about their terrible customer service there, too???

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The way i look at 4 more weeks of peak is sh t happens. Just start next year huge financially. Im not going to trip on it and let it drive me nutts like some people would. Is what it is dude.

Plus you can get on the 9.5 list no problem in week 1.

Marne Vet

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Call 1-800-PICK-UPS"

Returntosender

If you think UPS screwed you over with your Bestbuy shipment being delayed. Try being the customer who's wedding dress is delayed, or medical drug shipment being delayed out of Worldport.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
to the OP: ever since Scott Davis became CEO, He has insisted he can cut his way to record profits.Under his leader ship Package Car and Feeder Routes have been cut,good management people have been cut, and Morale has been cut.
At one time Service was what mattered,however under his leadership Metrics are the only yardstick of success. Instead of worrying about making making service on packages management now focuses on Stops Per Car,Pieces Per Hour and Stops Per Road Hour.take comfort in the fact that while you did not get your package there is a very good certainty all of the 'important' metrics have been made

C

chuchu

to the OP: ever since Scott Davis became CEO, He has insisted he can cut his way to record profits.Under his leader ship Package Car and Feeder Routes have been cut,good management people have been cut, and Morale has been cut.
At one time Service was what mattered,however under his leadership Metrics are the only yardstick of success. Instead of worrying about making making service on packages management now focuses on Stops Per Car,Pieces Per Hour and Stops Per Road Hour.take comfort in the fact that while you did not get your package there is a very good certainty all of the 'important' metrics have been made
And it sucks for the customers and the UPS employees the same.

If it makes you feel any better, we want you to know that a lot of drivers are taking their LUNCHES at 9PM just to make sure you customers get what IS loaded on our trucks.

Trust me, we're hacked off just like you are.

upswife75

Dear rude individual. This is not a ups website--It is a privately run site for employees to communicate with each other and have a good time. It is not here for ups's customers to vent and/or complain in a rude manner. Call 800pickups or head to their Facebook page and leave us alone.

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App

Oh, don't worry, they have been all over the UPS facebook page. They keep saying they will give FedEx their money and everyone complaining on FedEx is going to give UPS their money. The fact of the matter is that both companies apparently got slammed with more than the numbers projected. Record breaking numbers for UPS. Yes, they were prepared for the norm, just not way above the norm. I read one number on wall street journal that suggested it was a 50% increase from last year. Not sure how accurate that is, but if it is or close, no way UPS could have known it would blow up quite that much.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
"WE ARE BUSY"

IS NOT A ACCEPABLE excuse for poor service! I know the guys in the trucks are busting their ass right now, but why isn't UPS hiring the necessary seasonal/temperary workers to keep the work flow moving. This is not the time to give the other carriers the edge or opportunity to get UPS market share. Or to give hard earned retail customers the incentive to try FEDEX, DHL, AMAZON or the like.
"WE ARE BUSY"

Didn't DHL go out of business?