Local operation disruption!

upschuck

They still do international. They drive a lot longer now, the center my areas gets delivered out of is 70 miles away.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I am sorry for any inconvenience this delay has caused but I assure you UPS does not just hold packages for a day because "we are too busy". Weather in the South and Southeast has greatly impacted our operations and it appears that your package, along with thousands of others, has been affected by that disruption. Your package will be delivered the day that it is processed in the destination center which services your address. Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience and apologize for the responses you received above. Dave.
Hey Dave, while you were down there, hope you gave him a prostate exam too....lol

fiddledee

to the OP: ever since Scott Davis became CEO, He has insisted he can cut his way to record profits.Under his leader ship Package Car and Feeder Routes have been cut,good management people have been cut, and Morale has been cut.
At one time Service was what mattered,however under his leadership Metrics are the only yardstick of success. Instead of worrying about making making service on packages management now focuses on Stops Per Car,Pieces Per Hour and Stops Per Road Hour.take comfort in the fact that while you did not get your package there is a very good certainty all of the 'important' metrics have been made

If you're going to mention the metrics buzzword then you have to discuss safety which is one of them. Years ago when i started we never ever shut down a building for weather. In todays world shutting down a building for weather has become very common. in the buildings near me they are begging for drivers because there were many that chose to retire around thanksgiving. Surprise!! there is no way they will ever train enough drivers to get through peak with such short notice.

preload1

As a loyal UPS account holder and customer of twenty years or more I am pissed off with the latest handling of a expensive photoghraphic item I ordered from Best Buy. For the last four days I am getting the following exception;

"DUE TO LOCAL OPERATION DISRUPTION, PACKAGES NOT UNLOADED FROM TRAILER, EXPECT A ONE DAY BUSINESS DAY DELAY"

What in the heck is going on? My package has been in Doraville for four days? My expected delivery date has been changed four times?

Amazon would like to have "BROWNS" business, Hell, at this rate "BROWN" is giving it to them! :furious:

Understand this my friend. Due to weather conditions beyond UPS's control your package may be delayed. The health and welfare of my drivers is much more important than your camera lenses. You see...camera lenses don't have families. UPS drivers do.:angel:

C

chuchu

Oh, don't worry, they have been all over the UPS facebook page. They keep saying they will give FedEx their money and everyone complaining on FedEx is going to give UPS their money. The fact of the matter is that both companies apparently got slammed with more than the numbers projected. Record breaking numbers for UPS. Yes, they were prepared for the norm, just not way above the norm. I read one number on wall street journal that suggested it was a 50% increase from last year. Not sure how accurate that is, but if it is or close, no way UPS could have known it would blow up quite that much.
They only gave us two seasonal drivers and they were full time replacement drivers. That meant they could only be given a percentage of the NORMAL dispatch for three weeks and they legally could not be given a helper.

NO, we didn't get enough staffing. It was their plan and it failed because they set it up to fail so sups HAD to work. They are not "caught by surprise". It's part of the way they do business.

bill blutnach

As a loyal UPS account holder and customer of twenty years or more I am pissed off with the latest handling of a expensive photoghraphic item I ordered from Best Buy. :furious:

I am sorry that the UPS has not given you a customer service representative to speak with after twenty years of loyal business. you perhaps thought one of us had your item, yes?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
They still do international. They drive a lot longer now, the center my areas gets delivered out of is 70 miles away.
Around here they (DHL) are moving into a new barn on airport property (were down the road), and bought Standard Forwarding (midwest LTL regional freight co; Teamster, though concessions made when SF went bk/reorganized).

upswife75

They only gave us two seasonal drivers and they were full time replacement drivers. That meant they could only be given a percentage of the NORMAL dispatch for three weeks and they legally could not be given a helper.

NO, we didn't get enough staffing. It was their plan and it failed because they set it up to fail so sups HAD to work. They are not "caught by surprise". It's part of the way they do business.

I guess the hub here was more prepared because everything here has run smooth as can be. My husband has been home at his normal time, if not earlier (thanks to a great jumper) every night with the exception of last night and likely tonight. Hell, he even joked that he never thought he would see the day that he made LESS money during peak than during the rest of the year.