Local Panel

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If it was a stupid mistake why is the union not going to bat for the father of 3.

Why is the other guy not getting his penalty pay that he deserves. If it's 9-5 penalties, that pay was at the expense of his own family when it comes to family time

I will never understand how the union thinks it's ok to wheel and deal in this manor.

If I'm owed 5k and somebody is fired for something very serious I would consider helping them to make a deal if the union comes to ME. If the guy is fired for something petty though... the union should be fighting for him

Wtf is going on with the teamsters

Look, I agree that this never should happen. The Union may have got this guy his job back, maybe not. While it was a stupid mistake, it was of monumental proportions. There were no guarantees. Sometimes the Company can be heartless and not care about a driver's family.

Bill made the choice to guarantee this guy his job back, with reasons of his own.

Guess what? We do this to ourselves. Everywhere I go, it is the same mentality. "Screw UPS. Make them pay."

We try and screw UPS every chance we get, and then we expect UPS to do us favors. Sometimes, it does not work.

A prime example taken from another recent thread.

easiest way to learn a route is on your own without any GPS help. 3-5 days on a route you should have it down to get through a day. They send you out blind? Make them $$$$pay$$$ for it. They understand when you go in an area you've never been in that it's going to take longer.

JackStraw

If you let them take advantage of you they'll keep sticking it to you. Nobody should be going out on a route blind. You'll learn. takes a few times of getting it shoved up your butkus.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That should never have been a decision to make. But Bill felt he did the right thing by getting the father his job back at the cost of what he said was "free" money to the other guy.

The impression I got from this post, was the BA took it upon himself to to negate a $5000.00

claim in exchange for resolving the issue of a discharge.

If it was a stupid mistake why is the union not going to bat for the father of 3.

If it was a stupid mistake....

Why would (any other) member, not be afforded the same opportunity ??

To clarify my question....

A father of 3's job, is more important ? Than any other member ?

The Union won the case during the hearing. That is all anybody knows.

If the BA "horse traded" a grievance in exchange for a discharge....

A panel reinstating him, is just a byproduct of the negotiation. Which I don't agree with.

Every case, should be based on it's own merits.

Am I reading something wrong here ??

-Bug-

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Am I reading something wrong here ??

Bug, do you know the old saying that you are out in left field?

Well, you are not even on the field, or even in the stadium.

The impression I got from this post, was the BA took it upon himself to to negate a $5000.00 claim in exchange for resolving the issue of a discharge.

Your impression is wrong.

A father of 3's job, is more important ? Than any other member ?

A father of 3's job is no more important than another members's job?

If the BA "horse traded" a grievance in exchange for a discharge....

The BA did no such thing.

A panel reinstating him, is just a byproduct of the negotiation. Which I don't agree with.

A panel reinstated him from a byproduct of the panel member's negotiations, whether during the hearing or at another time.

Every case, should be based on it's own merits.

Yes it should.

But you and I both know that there are some cases, most actually, that are open and shut. The Union does not have a contractual leg to stand on.

Doing the wrong thing for the right reasons?

Yes, it is still wrong.