Local Strike Fund?

542thruNthru

Maybe some day PT will take enough interest in contract negotiations (but I doubt it) to band together for their own good but in the meantime the squeaky wheel always gets the grease. Don't blame the drivers for PT problems. I am well aware that the IBT is more than just UPS BUT UPS is the bread and butter for them.

No worries I'm sure @PT Car Washer remembers when you guys always had each others backs while walking on the backs of the PTers when you put them in a two tier pay scale.

You guy's were untied back then. Nothing like now. :)

rod

Retired 22 years
No worries I'm sure @PT Car Washer remembers when you guys always had each others backs while walking on the backs of the PTers when you put them in a two tier pay scale.

You guy's were untied back then. Nothing like now. :)
@PT Car Washer still makes driver wages. I'm sure he has no complaints. Are you saying ALL PT should make drivers wages now? I doubt the company would last long at that rate. All I'm saying is if PT stuck together now they could improve their wages better than 10 -12 bucks an hour like they get now.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So my local sent out a ballot to vote on starting a local strike fund.
View attachment 259548

I was wondering if anyone of you guys/girls have a local strike fund. Curious how much you contribute yearly. If you feel it's helped your local members. Any thoughts on it at all really.
Seems highly suspect, what with you local involved in a heated election? Why now?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What for? You will never see another strike at UPS. Too many pusillanimous.
What might work is a secure-interest earning money fund. Weekly deposits go directly into the union members account, only to be used in the event of a strike or retirement/leaving UPS. This way, the money is out of the reach of sticky finger-union leadership and yet the union had more negotiating clout.

rod

Retired 22 years
What might work is a secure-interest earning money fund. Weekly deposits go directly into the union members account, only to be used in the event of a strike or retirement/leaving UPS. This way, the money is out of the reach of sticky finger-union leadership and yet the union had more negotiating clout.
Great idea but would never fly. They need to get their hands on the money so they can collect interest