Local Strike Fund?

rod

Retired 22 years
Thank you.

Ours will start 10 days after a strike. This may be changed with a vote after its had more time to grow. Our strike fund will be on top of the IBT strike fund.

So after 2 weeks if I were to go on strike I would be paid $960 a week. That's going off my union dues right now. This of course depends on if the fund has had ample time to grow.
I think the longest strike in UPS history was 2 and a half weeks but like I already posted -- you'll never see another one of any length..

542thruNthru

Why not think about yourself? People that do that don't rely on others. It's my money.

I'm against a strike fund. Just save $20 a week. In 7 years you will have over $7500!

That's your choice. That's why everyone gets a vote. Though my PT brothers and sisters can't save $20 a week as easily as I can.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Thank you.

Ours will start 10 days after a strike. This may be changed with a vote after its had more time to grow. Our strike fund will be on top of the IBT strike fund.

So after 2 weeks if I were to go on strike I would be paid $960 a week. That's going off my union dues right now. This of course depends on if the fund has had ample time to grow.
10 days retroactive? Ours was paid the second week. That's awesome your members voted for that, it may never be used at UPS again but I'm sure another craft will use it as intended or as a bargaining chip to negotiate better contracts. You can bet employers know what is in our funds.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Poor Rod. I see the mind is going fast lately. The local is more then just UPS. Also just in case you've forgotten. The IBT is more then just UPS also. You may have forgot when you sold your PT brothers down the river for a pay raise. ;)
The IBT is not more than ups. If it loses ups the IBT is as good as dead

542thruNthru

The IBT is not more than ups. If it loses ups the IBT is as good as dead

Yes I understand UPS is the IBTs bread and butter. This still isn't just about us. A solid local strike fund benefits all. Like @104Feeder said it's used as a bargaining chip in local contracts. It helps strengthen my local and in turn also my pension and healthcare.

7k members in my local. Maybe 2.5k are UPSers. I get where people are coming from about how UPSers will never use it but again this isn't just about UPS.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes I understand UPS is the IBTs bread and butter. This still isn't just about us. A solid local strike fund benefits all. Like @104Feeder said it's used as a bargaining chip in local contracts. It helps strengthen my local and in turn also my pension and healthcare.

7k members in my local. Maybe 2.5k are UPSers. I get where people are coming from about how UPSers will never use it but again this isn't just about UPS.
I wouldn’t blame UPSers for voting no though.

542thruNthru

Money down the drain. If you cant save 5-6k over 7 years earning 100k a year, something is wrong.

Again.... only thinking of UPS.
Nurses
Bus drivers
Costco
San Diego Zoo
Convention center workers
EMS
YRCW
And more do not make 100k a year.
The word of the day is UNION
a club, society, or association formed by people with a common interest or purpose.

542thruNthru

I wouldn’t blame UPSers for voting no though.

I won't blame anyone for how they vote. I believe everyone has to make their own decision on it. I can see both sides but at the same time I know a lot of PT workers that would want this fund.

Yes we believe UPS will never go on strike but... you never know.

542thruNthru

10 days retroactive? Ours was paid the second week. That's awesome your members voted for that, it may never be used at UPS again but I'm sure another craft will use it as intended or as a bargaining chip to negotiate better contracts. You can bet employers know what is in our funds.

It hasn't been voted in yet. The ballots will be counted on the 30th.