Local Strike Fund?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Great idea but would never fly. They need to get their hands on the money so they can collect interest
Then they are not truly thinking of their membership. What if decades go by with out tapping that money? Huge amounts could accumulate.

Wally

I'm surprised there has not been a class action suit on behalf of retirees in an attempt to get back contributions.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
We have over $750,000 in our strike fund account at Local 104. There is a monthly deduction of $3, $36/yr up from $26/year previously.

During the 1997 UPS strike it paid $55/week and was paid out seamlessly unlike the IBT funds. Our fund definitely gives us more clout at the negotiating table and we're proud to see it grow.

Wally

We have over $750,000 in our strike fund account at Local 104. There is a monthly deduction of $3, $36/yr up from $26/year previously.

During the 1997 UPS strike it paid $55/week and was paid out seamlessly unlike the IBT funds. Our fund definitely gives us more clout at the negotiating table and we're proud to see it grow.
Are taxes paid on that account?

542thruNthru

Thank you.

Ours will start 10 days after a strike. This may be changed with a vote after its had more time to grow. Our strike fund will be on top of the IBT strike fund.

So after 2 weeks if I were to go on strike I would be paid $960 a week. That's going off my union dues right now. This of course depends on if the fund has had ample time to grow.

Wally

Thank you.

Ours will start 10 days after a strike. This may be changed with a vote after its had more time to grow. Our strike fund will be on top of the IBT strike fund.

So after 2 weeks if I were to go on strike I would be paid $960 a week. That's going off my union dues right now. This of course depends on if the fund has had ample time to grow.
Like 50 years. Lol

Wally

SMH..... it's like I'm talking to Rod again.

This is not just about UPS. Its ALL of local 542.

You're thinking to much about just yourself. :)

Why not think about yourself? People that do that don't rely on others. It's my money.

I'm against a strike fund. Just save $20 a week. In 7 years you will have over $7500!