Lock down

Thebrownblob

It explains how ordinary Germans could work in the concentration camps. Just following orders.
Also explains how the doctors can continue to give medicine that doesn’t help, but hurts people. and how other people can continue to say it’s working great while the evidence shows, and their own eyes shows it is clearly not.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Also explains how the doctors can you continue to give medicine that doesn’t help but hurt people and how other people can continue to say it’s working great
Quite a few on here still believe in the vaccine. They’re quiet but will still defend it when provoked. It’s amazing. Just like the mask wearing, I still see people outdoors wearing them, not many but they’re there. It’s a good luck charm now.

Thebrownblob

Quite a few on here still believe in the vaccine. They’re quiet but will still defend it when provoked. It’s amazing. Just like the mask wearing, I still see people outdoors wearing them, not many but they’re there. It’s a good luck charm now.
They were part of one of two experiments

One of them was a psychological manipulation experiment.

And the other is an ongoing medical pharmaceutical experiment.

El Correcto

god is dead
I don't have a problem with the way it was handled at the beginning. You're dealing with an unknown SARS virus and taking precautions wasn't a bad thing. But once it was determined that this wasn't another MERS strength virus and it was only really killing old or immunocompromised people then the strategy should have shifted. But a year later the US was still in lockdown (maybe not lockdown but still way overkill).

If China had been more forthcoming and truthful with death information that would've helped the whole world, but in typical China fashion they hid everything from everyone.
It was determined pretty early on it wasn’t. We go into the way back machine on browncafe and see me bitching about how the CDC was purposefully putting 20-50 year olds on the same risk category and not acknowledging preexisting conditions being a leading cause of covid fatalities.

Part of me feels like a bit of a Nazi when I say covid 19 could of really bailed us out of a lot of problems in this country if we just let it burn through all the old sick people. Like bro you had a good run, got swept up in a pandemic. Now we have a much dimmer future for younger folks, deaths of despair from younger folks.. economic hardship on the horizon.

vantexan

It was determined pretty early on it wasn’t. We go into the way back machine on browncafe and see me bitching about how the CDC was purposefully putting 20-50 year olds on the same risk category and not acknowledging preexisting conditions being a leading cause of covid fatalities.

Part of me feels like a bit of a Nazi when I say covid 19 could of really bailed us out of a lot of problems in this country if we just let it burn through all the old sick people. Like bro you had a good run, got swept up in a pandemic. Now we have a much dimmer future for younger folks, deaths of despair from younger folks.. economic hardship on the horizon.
Old people are causing all that? Seems to me there are more opportunities for younger people with all the Boomers about out of the way. Who inherits the Boomers' wealth?

El Correcto

god is dead
Old people are causing all that? Seems to me there are more opportunities for younger people with all the Boomers about out of the way. Who inherits the Boomers' wealth?
Old people didn’t cause it. The response and reaction trying to save old people did. I understand the morality of treating the elderly well, but when it is at the cost of younger people with their lives ahead of them it becomes a judgement call. I think the western leaders showed bad judgement and were unable to take their political lumps for doing the right thing. It was a hard call no doubt, anytime you are talking about millions of people dying. But tanking entire societies over the sick and old just didn’t seem to be the wisest move. We will see though, hopefully it all works out.

vantexan

Old people didn’t cause it. The response and reaction trying to save old people did. I understand the morality of treating the elderly well, but when it is at the cost of younger people with their lives ahead of them it becomes a judgement call. I think the western leaders showed bad judgement and were unable to take their political lumps for doing the right thing. It was a hard call no doubt, anytime you are talking about millions of people dying. But tanking entire societies over the sick and old just didn’t seem to be the wisest move. We will see though, hopefully it all works out.
Did all the elderly who weren't vaccinated(or were)die from Covid?

Thebrownblob

Imagine the cruelty of locking away these old people in their nursing homes, and never allowing them to see their families. Saving elderly people from what? Death? At that age the only thing you care about is seeing your family these people were dying of heart brake, and loneliness as much as anything.

El Correcto

god is dead
Well that’s another thing, the vaccines were not very effective, they knew this when they started rolling out the boosters. Even when boosted people still spread the virus. The immunity from the vaccines waned over the span of a month or so you’re :censored2:ed worse than people with natural immunities.
The hope was the vaccines would kind of work as a buffer helping you fight off the virus and gain natural immunity.

But yes the majority of covid-19 deaths were from old and the sick:
The best most optimistic take on this is they were worried about mutations and worried about saving lives. The cynical take is that the government knew this was a chance for a huge power grab and spending spree.

This is all stuff I was saying pretty early on, but I didn’t have the weight of millions of lives on my shoulders when saying it. I don’t know what these people were thinking at the time or what their perception of the whole picture was.

DriverNerd

Well that’s another thing, the vaccines were not very effective, they knew this when they started rolling out the boosters. Even when boosted people still spread the virus. The immunity from the vaccines waned over the span of a month or so you’re :censored2:ed worse than people with natural immunities.
They didn't stop the spread and they diminished quickly, but they were very effective preventing hospitalization and death in the elderly.

vantexan

The hope was the vaccines would kind of work as a buffer helping you fight off the virus and gain natural immunity.

But yes the majority of covid-19 deaths were from old and the sick:
The best most optimistic take on this is they were worried about mutations and worried about saving lives. The cynical take is that the government knew this was a chance for a huge power grab and spending spree.

This is all stuff I was saying pretty early on, but I didn’t have the weight of millions of lives on my shoulders when saying it. I don’t know what these people were thinking at the time or what their perception of the whole picture was.
The majority who died were elderly but did Covid kill all the elderly it infected? No, not even close. You thinking killing off all the elderly with Covid being a good thing means either you're very uninformed about Covid or you've got serious issues. Or both.

El Correcto

god is dead
They didn't stop the spread and they diminished quickly, but they were very effective preventing hospitalization and death in the elderly.
That’s what I was saying when I brought up the hope was to let the vaccine act as a buffer to allow them to gain some natural immunity while keeping the infection from becoming fatal.

Vaccinated elderly people still faced covid infections whether they realized or not, imo. Well if the systems didn’t completely quarantine them that is.

El Correcto

god is dead
The majority who died were elderly but did Covid kill all the elderly it infected? No, not even close. You thinking killing off all the elderly with Covid being a good thing means either you're very uninformed about Covid or you've got serious issues. Or both.
No, my main concern is the young that the government put out of a decent education, work and threw their economic prospect into perail.
I don’t see killing off the elderly as a good thing, but when you look at who the earners are and will be, we definitely shouldn’t take sacrificing their ability to learn or work on behalf of people’s lives that are mostly behind them lightly.

You’re not at the mercy of this society the same way a young person is, you do not contribute to this society the same way a young person is or will. Just my opinion.

El Correcto

god is dead
Despite the sacrifices the young of the world fell on, I still lost an elderly family member in a nursing home. I’m sure my family lost more than I’m even aware of when it comes to elderly folk.

It just is how it is, try to focus on achieving the most good for humanity as a whole when it comes to these decisions is what I think politicians should strive for. Quality of life for younger people wasn’t weighed as heavily as it should have been in my opinion.

vantexan

No, my main concern is the young that the government put out of a decent education, work and threw their economic prospect into perail.
I don’t see killing off the elderly as a good thing, but when you look at who the earners are and will be, we definitely shouldn’t take sacrificing their ability to learn or work on behalf of people’s lives that are mostly behind them lightly.

You’re not at the mercy of this society the same way a young person is, you do not contribute to this society the same way a young person is or will. Just my opinion.
And someday you'll be in the same situation. What do you want to do, put the elderly on a small iceberg and push them out to sea? Maybe we should kill everyone at the age of 30 like "Logan's Run"? A young person unfortunately thinks he knows everything but finds out decades later he wasn't as smart as he thought.

You need to start seeing the elderly as a profit center for the young. Especially in the medical field.

And we've done and still do our share of contributing. Something you'll realize someday. The problem with the young, and always has been, is you're impatient. You want everything now and think your life sucks because you have to work for what you have. There's more to life than material things. More to life than physical sensations. Maybe someday you'll see that.

El Correcto

god is dead
And someday you'll be in the same situation. What do you want to do, put the elderly on a small iceberg and push them out to sea? Maybe we should kill everyone at the age of 30 like "Logan's Run"? A young person unfortunately thinks he knows everything but finds out decades later he wasn't as smart as he thought.

You need to start seeing the elderly as a profit center for the young. Especially in the medical field.

And we've done and still do our share of contributing. Something you'll realize someday. The problem with the young, and always has been, is you're impatient. You want everything now and think your life sucks because you have to work for what you have. There's more to life than material things. More to life than physical sensations. Maybe someday you'll see that.
You don’t do your share of contributing, if you were being honest you’d see that. I guess this isn’t fair to say either, I’m just saying the focus shouldn’t be solely on saving lives over quality of lives of others. Especially when you got how many years left in the tank compared to them?

It’s not up to me in the end, all of this is out of my control. I’m just stating opinions.