Locomotive Engineer looking for new career

rickyb

Paff was started by Georg Pfaff in 1862. They were a 100% German Co. until 2006 (140+ years). In 2006 they were bought out by the same co. that owns Singer/Huskvarna. In 2013 GERMAN Group SSB bought back 100% of the shares of Pfaff. In my book that makes them a German product---and nothing but troublesome. As for VW's there are over 6,000 of them (diesels) rotting away in a big lot in my hometown waitng for who knows what. They have been there for 3 or 4 years now--just wasting away. German engineering my ass.
germany still makes stuff unlike merica

rod

Retired 22 years
Funny how many bootstrappy independent Americans love to collect their SOCIAL security......

Why not--they have paid into it all their working careers. Whats "funny" is the skum who live on welfare and haven't worked a day in their lives--and think it is owed to them.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
thank you! just the info i was looking for. honesty i hear what you guys are saying and i appreciate the info. we could go back and forth about which job is worse ect, but at the end of the day, you guys/gals sleep in your bed every night ( for the most part ) and i don't, plain and simple. i heard not stop horror stories about the RR that proved to be untrue. but the RR is not a job, its a lifestyle. except for you're 2 weeks of vacation and your sick days, they own you, and when your 24 hours of sickness is done, expect to be called within the hour. the RR is good for one thing, letting you know who are your true friends! the other "friends" will only take so many "maybe's" before they stop calling. i just wanted to get a feel for how it is starting at UPS, i appreciate the info, thanks
Sounds EXACTLY like being a feeder driver at ups...would driving a semi truck be something you would be interested in??