Locomotive Engineer looking for new career

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
workers are better off in germany than north america.

so how much do you spend on healthcare? you already spend more than i do which is $0 / im not qualified to comment because its in the taxes.
How are they better off? They get taxed higher and have less discretionary income than we do in America. That’s not Better off, that’s the government telling you that you’re better off.

And exactly, it’s in your taxes, so it isn’t $0. Your effective tax rate is higher than mine without a doubt even when you factor in what I pay for healthcare

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
im saying the way the EU is set up is undemocratic and the single currency is a bad idea. german workers may be a beneficiary of it, because this broken system is serving germany quite well.
Germany is leading the system, so if it’s broken I can show you where to look

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yeah I know. like no gag reflex on that girl
B880C208-06D6-404C-8C5A-BE6B59E28E1D.gif

rickyb

How are they better off? They get taxed higher and have less discretionary income than we do in America. That’s not Better off, that’s the government telling you that you’re better off.

And exactly, it’s in your taxes, so it isn’t $0. Your effective tax rate is higher than mine without a doubt even when you factor in what I pay for healthcare
i doubt it on the healthcare part. our system is 2x as efficient. we dont have advertisements LOL.

so one thing about american incomes being slightly higher than some countries is that you work longer hours. also, you should consider cost of living. so your getting screwed on college, healthcare, flights, housing in some cities, phone bills, etc.

rickyb

so how much are you paying per month in healthcare right now? you pay $500 once?

rickyb

37 bucks a month, 500 dollar deductible. Which they waive if we both get physicals. So I don’t even pay that
a real french man got a cafe down the block. i asked him where is the standard of living is higher.

he said france: lower incomes, higher taxes (he didnt say taxes but i assume), but cost of living makes up for it.

clean hairy

For the OP and his original question.
You will make maybe 60% of what you make now starting out.
No benefits for 9 months, (consider the cost of COBRA from your current employer for 9 months as well)
You will have to work 25 years to reach first level of pension as well (if it even exists at that point in time)
You will have your probationary time where you can be let go at any point and unemployed.
Consider all this and see if it might work for you.