long term telematics experience ???

DenverBrownDotCom

No, your close but with one minor change. I won't say "it's happening", I'll say, "it may not be happening yet!" But it will!
I've read your blog, and it's respectable. Here, you're trying to tell everyone, who AREN'T in the same place as you, that they are being blind-folded to the true meaning of telematics. Why do you keep throwing the blanket over the entire system, when it could just be misuse by YOUR management where YOU'RE located?

P-Man has already said, and it is inevitable, that there will be abuse by a few management teams. What about the people who are getting good out of this so far? Don't say "it's happening." Say "it's happening here."

local804

I've read your blog, and it's respectable. Here, you're trying to tell everyone, who AREN'T in the same place as you, that they are being blind-folded to the true meaning of telematics. Why do you keep throwing the blanket over the entire system, when it could just be misuse by YOUR management where YOU'RE located?

P-Man has already said, and it is inevitable, that there will be abuse by a few management teams. What about the people who are getting good out of this so far? Don't say "it's happening." Say "it's happening here."

I can tell by more than your name your a newbie

Catatonic

Nine Lives
In defense of DenverBrownDotCom, the only time UPS is altruistic is when they give to the United Way. And even then, one has to question their ulterior motives.

While I mostly agree with your generalized statement I do find the anthropomorphic personification of UPS interesting. I see this all the time and the resulting broad-brush applied to a non-physical entity instead of human management personnel.

UPS is a legal entity and does not have feelings nor any physical human body.

Not trying to say anything except I find it interesting how we tend to not blame individuals but rather a collective non-physical entity.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
While I mostly agree with your generalized statement I do find the anthropomorphic personification of UPS interesting. I see this all the time and the resulting broad-brush applied to a non-physical entity instead of human management personnel.

I tend to view "UPS" as more of a collective, much like a colony of ants or a hive of bees. Yes it is composed of many hundreds of thousands of distinct individual units, but at least in the case of management these units are not really capable of independent thought or action, and are instinctively compelled...rightly or wrongly... to act as part of a larger group consciousness. For any Trekkies out there, the best analogy is to view management as part of a Borg collective. Resistance is futile and you will be assimilated. The parallels in regards to the new Telematics implants in our packages cars are actually quite eerie.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver

UPS is a legal entity and does not have feelings nor any physical human body.

Not trying to say anything except I find it interesting how we tend to not blame individuals but rather a collective non-physical entity.

I find it interesting too.

I should have said "the powers that be at UPS".

I want to congratulate denver on his first intelligent post here. I know you have been working hard at it. Tommorrow I want you to try to achieve the same result only using two words.
seeeeee, never happy, always wanting double the production.