Looking for info

Ghost in the Darkness

Does anyone know where I can find the company's policy for disclosing criminal convictions both non-driving and driving related for current employees? I can't find them on upsers or anywhere else for that matter.

Tony31yrs

You could try calling your local union hall. If they don't know, try Human Resources. With privacy issues in this day and age, I don't think they disclose them at all, but ask to be sure.

UPS Lifer

Does anyone know where I can find the company's policy for disclosing criminal convictions both non-driving and driving related for current employees? I can't find them on upsers or anywhere else for that matter.

WOW! This is pretty scary.... Your very first post and you ask about criminal convictions?????

Let's put it this way...UPS checks your record. If you have any type of criminal record you will probably not be working for UPS unless you disclose it and you can bet there will be follow up depending on what it is.

Ghost in the Darkness

WOW! This is pretty scary.... Your very first post and you ask about criminal convictions?????

Haha, my intent wasn't to scare you. I'm just wondering what the companies policy is should we (a current employee) ever be convicted of a crime. Example, say a guy grabs your wife/girlfriends butt and you break his jaw for him. Then you get convicted of misdemeanor assualt... are we required to notify UPS or is that our own personal business?!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I'm just wondering what the companies policy is should we (a current employee) ever be convicted of a crime.

The way you re-worded it makes this a very good question. It would be my guess that its your business unless they ask about it. And that shouldn't come up unless they do a background check. Not sure if UPS does one for new drivers, let alone how deep that check is. Just a guess. I don't work for UPS any more. :happy2: -Rocky

UPS Lifer

Reworded - I have a better understanding.... It is your own business for now.

I qualify that for one reason. If you seek a job that requires another background check you would need to clarify that position. For example - applying for supervision or a job on any air ramp (because of 911) - all ramp employees require a special security clearance. There are 2 levels of clearance depending on the type of job you do.

Here is something that a lot of folks don't know or realize. If you incur a lot of debt - you become a security risk at the Federal level and each company also scrutinizes this as well from a security standpoint.

rod

Retired 22 years
Haha, my intent wasn't to scare you. I'm just wondering what the companies policy is should we (a current employee) ever be convicted of a crime. Example, say a guy grabs your wife/girlfriends butt and you break his jaw for him. Then you get convicted of misdemeanor assualt... are we required to notify UPS or is that our own personal business?!
Just consider yourself lucky to have a wife/girlfriend whose tail section is worth grabbing:happy2: