Lost $1000 worth of hops today

rod

Retired 22 years
I lost about a half a dozen packages one time out the back door. Actually it was more like 2O or so but I found the rest. I've told this story before--snowing to beat hell--back door pops open while doing about 50 down the highway with a State snow plow right behind me with his blade down. He had an ear to ear smile as he passed me when I pulled over. Told center manager about it. He said if any generated a claim I would be paying for them. That's the last I heard about it. I also lost a complete set of cow boxes (Dell Computer setups) once. A good samaritain saw them fall out of the back of my truck and delivered them back to the UPS building. When I got to my first stop (35 miles away) all I could do when I saw my back door was open was laugh -and call the center. No discipline on that incedent either.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
A little after 11:00 I pulled up to the brewery and scanned the package. They were closed and the brewery is on the main drag that I drive through 3 or 4 times a day. So I voided the stop and put the package back on the truck.

I continued on my route and at some point discovered my back door was rolled up about 3 feet. Shame on me. I secured it and continued. A few hours later the door was open again. After that I started using the chain.

Got back to the brewery around 18:00 and that box is nowhere to be found. I’m stressing. I thought maybe it was buried under my 100 pickups. I turned the whole truck over 3x looking for it but it’s a fart in the wind. I know I didn’t misdeliver it. The only possibility is it fell out the back.

So my question is: How long do i have to wait until i can try to qualify again?
giphy-3.gif

iruhnman630

Todays lesson: sheet the damn packages by the rules. Not between 12-1 and not after 5.

THEN, if you get the chance, go back later.

It is our responsibility to honor our guarantees and commits. It is NOT our responsibility to make sure the customer is there.

And pretrip your car, including a properly functioning door

Last edited:

Methods Man

Funny thing, this happened to me yesterday. Was leaving a pickup yesterday and must not of shut the rear door hard enough and got to my next delivery, come to find out the door was open a few feet. Paranoid as I am, I drove all the way back to that pickup just to verify nothing few all. Scared the crap outta me