Lost $1000 worth of hops today

brostalss

I hated them.
3 boxes for a desktop.
1 for the tower
1 for the monitor
1 for the printer

I had to deliver a set of those once to a house. I got no answer at the door but heard a commotion coming from the back yard. (Pool party) I go to the side gate and what do I see but two lovely ladies sun Tanning topless.

They were chest down though darn it.

rod

Retired 22 years
I hated them.
3 boxes for a desktop.
1 for the tower
1 for the monitor
1 for the printer
One day I had about 50 of them damn things for a Government office (USDA). As I was wheeling in the 2nd of many cart loads I noticed the head honcho opening one of the boxes and he told me he was going to open them all and inspect them before he signed for them. I turned around with the cart load as I explained that he couldn't open them until they were signed for. After a minute or two of arguing I told him he could pick them up at the UPS building and maybe the center manager would let him look but I wasn't going to. He got all kinds of pissed off-I called the center manager and let them fight it out. He signed and I was on my way. I gave him a :censored2:ty grin every time I saw him after that. That was one of the few times a center manager stood up for me. Usually them pusillanimous would let a customer walk all over them and make the driver look like an idiot.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had to deliver a set of those once to a house. I got no answer at the door but heard a commotion coming from the back yard. (Pool party) I go to the side gate and what do I see but two lovely ladies sun Tanning topless.

They were chest down though darn it.
Living in the lakes country on warm sunny days we ALWAYS walked around the back of a house to the beach side if nobody answered the front door. Especially if there was ANY chance someone was sunbathing. The extra effort paid off greatly a few times.

542thruNthru

Living in the lakes country on warm sunny days we ALWAYS walked around the back of a house to the beach side if nobody answered the front door. Especially if there was ANY chance someone was sunbathing. The extra effort paid off greatly a few times.

Yeah but that extra effort was only for 2 months a year. The rest the lakes are frozen and its snowing.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah but that extra effort was only for 2 months a year. The rest the lakes are frozen and its snowing.

Its not quite that bad. The lakes are usually froze from about the 2nd week in Dec to the middle of April. Snow however is a different story. Oct.to May.

rod

Retired 22 years
Remember Fingerhut?
Sure do. I had a friend who worked in their distribution center. I still have a few sets of sockets he snuck out in his lunch box. I never asked for them but they just showed up. Good ones --made in the USA

oldngray

nowhere special
Sure do. I had a friend who worked in their distribution center. I still have a few sets of sockets he snuck out in his lunch box. I never asked for them but they just showed up. Good ones --made in the USA
There was always crap falling out of those boxes.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
One day I had about 50 of them damn things for a Government office (USDA). As I was wheeling in the 2nd of many cart loads I noticed the head honcho opening one of the boxes and he told me he was going to open them all and inspect them before he signed for them. I turned around with the cart load as I explained that he couldn't open them until they were signed for. After a minute or two of arguing I told him he could pick them up at the UPS building and maybe the center manager would let him look but I wasn't going to. He got all kinds of pissed off-I called the center manager and let them fight it out. He signed and I was on my way. I gave him a :censored2:ty grin every time I saw him after that. That was one of the few times a center manager stood up for me. Usually them pusillanimous would let a customer walk all over them and make the driver look like an idiot.

Sounds like you guys had it pretty easy back then.