Lost another brother.

oldngray

nowhere special
Sad way too young, I would drink water all day still get the beginning stages of heat exhaustion. I would find a hose soak my head most of my body cooled my core temp down.

Take frequent breaks drink lots of water get inside AC to cool down when you need too! Call the center tell them too hot need help, we had a driver that would do just that he was a smart man.
On those really hot days you need to start hydrating early before you start feeling thirsty. Drink water until you feel like your eyeballs are floating.

beatupbrown

On those really hot days you need to start hydrating early before you start feeling thirsty. Drink water until you feel like your eyeballs are floating.
I hanged a water jug from the fire extinguisher every delivery I would drink water.

On super-hot i.e., heat warnings days water alone is not enough BUT is the number 1 thing to do.

You need to drink Gatorade /coconut water etc.… not much but enough water does not replenish electrolytes. Super-hot days you need to slow down take frequent breaks with the back of the truck pushing 120 out doors real feel around 108 or higher. Like I said cooling down your core temp is a great idea try a hose soak your body.

Pay attention to your body if it is shutting down stop working take shelter inside AC if possible or shade call the center. Once you have your kidneys shut down from the heat then you are prone to the condition more easily.

oldngray

nowhere special
I hanged a water jug from the fire extinguisher every delivery I would drink water.

On super-hot i.e., heat warnings days water alone is not enough BUT is the number 1 thing to do.

You need to drink Gatorade /coconut water etc.… not much but enough water does not replenish replenish electrolytes. Super-hot days you need to slow down take frequent breaks with the back of the truck pushing 120 out doors real feel around 108 or higher. Like I said cooling down your core temp is a great idea try a hose soak your body.

Pay attention to your body if it is shutting down stop working take shelter inside AC if possible or shade call the center. One you have your kidneys shut down form the heat then you are prone to the condition more easily.
What really sucked would be the days you worked later than expected and ran out of water. It gets dangerous when you run out of sweat.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

You need to drink Gatorade /coconut water etc.… not much but enough water does not replenish electrolytes. Super-hot days you need to slow down take frequent breaks with the back of the truck pushing 120 out doors real feel around 108 or higher. Like I said cooling down your core temp is a great idea try a hose soak your body.

Pay attention to your body if it is shutting down stop working take shelter inside AC if possible or shade call the center. Once you have your kidneys shut down from the heat then you are prone to the condition more easily.
We have pcm's all the time on heat stroke. Management always tells us to stop and call someone if you start feeling like the heat is getting to you.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

What crime did the water jug commit that made you hang it? Lol Objects are hung, people are hanged. Grammatically helping. 😅

542thruNthru

What crime did the water jug commit that made you hang it? Lol Objects are hung, people are hanged. Grammatically helping. 😅
technically_correct_futurama.gif

Hot Carl

I have a gallon water cooler that I empty out on most hot days. Keep a cold Gatorade in my lunch box. Also keep a Gatorade in my backpack that I only use in emergencies, like if I run out of water and stop sweating. Had to use it a couple times.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Lol, any a/c tech up in the attic sweats way more than we do.
I did it for 6 years.
Only difference was we had ac in those attics.
Cut a hole in their duct work and let the cold air push.
All good though we got the stuff to patch that bad boy right up when we were done.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don't know. But more than a stupid pcm would be nice. Maybe stop hiring dumb onroads that have no driving experience and dealt with these conditions lol.
Do you know OSHA Regulates Employers Responsibilities for protecting employees from the heat in the workplace.

If it is a very high heat index and they are just giving a pcm your management may be in violation of the law.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Do you know OSHA Regulates Employers Responsibilities for protecting employees from the heat in the workplace.

If it is a very high heat index and they are just giving a pcm your management may be in violation of the law.
So we don't get paid when it's hot? You want to shut down Merica?

browned out

ORION was required to be designed with the utmost safety of the general public and the utmost safety of UPS employees as THE ABSOULUTE PRIORITY.

It was not.

ORION was designed to needlessly place profits over people. Following ORION has resulted in avoidable crashes and injuries up to and including death.

This is a shame. It can be corrected by UPS preventing further avoidable injuries and crashes.

If our lost brother spent 1 more second in the cargo area following ODO instead of RDO; it is too much.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
orion was designed by some nerds in an air conditioned office something something 2470328402380 possible ways to move a box from point a to b because that's what orion is for...