Lost another brother.

Thebrownblob

And until a young person sees it first hand your grousing isn’t going to change anything.
And they’re seeing it right now. As usual your dense. Very important to handle your business especially if you have people who count on you. Today is the best day to do it. God bless.

Thebrownblob

Safety is not a political grandstand issue.

ARTICLE 18
The Employer and the Union agree that the safety of the employees and the general public is of utmost importance.

Are you under some delusion that ORION was designed with the safety of the employee and the safety of the general public as THE PRIORITY? The priority was to save money; lets not fool ourselves.

IE knowingly designed the monstrosity with full knowledge that ORION "encouraged" (at the least) and could be and is "instructed" to be followed. IE is and was aware that following ORION reduces the safety of the employee and the safety of the general public by:

1. following the solution increases unnecessary backing into residential driveways.
2. following the solution increases unnecessary left-hand turns.
3. following the solution increases the time spent in the oppressive heat of the cargo area in a package car.

I have been at UPS for well over 30 years. I have corresponded with employees who have combined for 100's of years of service as package car drivers. The resounding sentiment is that the above is true and that ORION was not designed for the safety of the UPS package car driver and the safety of the general public. Everyday the PCMs are loaded with backing accidents and injuries. This has exponentially increased since the advent of ORION.

Cmon Man. We're not all stupid here.
Lol you are

browned out

yup
Think @browned out is confusing EDD with RDO/ODO also.
My mistake.

Following ODO results in unnecessary backs, left-hand turns and time spent in the oppressive heat of the package car. Following RDO is safer for the employee and the safety of the general public.

It appears ORION was designed with-out the safety of the general public and the safety of the UPS employees being the absolute priority.

Please enlighten me as to how ORION (ODO) is safer than RDO. Thanks

Thebrownblob

E
My mistake.

Following ODO results in unnecessary backs, left-hand turns and time spent in the oppressive heat of the package car. Following RDO is safer for the employee and the safety of the general public.

It appears ORION was designed with-out the safety of the general public and the safety of the UPS employees being the absolute priority.

Please enlighten me as to how ORION (ODO) is safer than RDO. Thanks
Easy don’t use Orion. I haven’t used it in 3 years. It’s sucks. But it doesn’t kill people. Probably makes them richer though. Some guys/gals like to use it to get more hours. Some don’t.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Safety is not a political grandstand issue.

ARTICLE 18
The Employer and the Union agree that the safety of the employees and the general public is of utmost importance.

Are you under some delusion that ORION was designed with the safety of the employee and the safety of the general public as THE PRIORITY? The priority was to save money; lets not fool ourselves.

IE knowingly designed the monstrosity with full knowledge that ORION "encouraged" (at the least) and could be and is "instructed" to be followed. IE is and was aware that following ORION reduces the safety of the employee and the safety of the general public by:

1. following the solution increases unnecessary backing into residential driveways.
2. following the solution increases unnecessary left-hand turns.
3. following the solution increases the time spent in the oppressive heat of the cargo area in a package car.

I have been at UPS for well over 30 years. I have corresponded with employees who have combined for 100's of years of service as package car drivers. The resounding sentiment is that the above is true and that ORION was not designed for the safety of the UPS package car driver and the safety of the general public. Everyday the PCMs are loaded with backing accidents and injuries. This has exponentially increased since the advent of ORION.

Cmon Man. We're not all stupid here.
@TearsInRain

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I think the fans do help. Didnt have them for 2/3 of my time in a pkg car. Had to wear long pants for 1/3 of my time also. The guys that complain the fans just blow hot air at you are the very FIRST to get the mechanic to get it replaced when theirs malfunctions. Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate

Will take the extreme heat over the ice and below zero temps some of you here endure.

Dear IE lower SPC/plan a bit June-Sept….or get out in the car with me.
I love the winter cold. Passenger side door open all day and thermal pants and long sleeves with just a light jacket and vest. Stay moving all day keeps me warm.

DriverNerd

Exact opposite for me i used to not mind the cold, now I hate it. Every part of my body hurts when it’s freezing. Super hot temperatures are no fun either but I can handle them. I’m completely miserable when it’s in the teens or below all day.
I used to wonder how anyone could retire to Florida because of the heat and humidity. I used to go play pick up hockey at an outdoor rink when it was below zero. The older I get the less the heat bothers me, but below zero now I'm not going outside unless I'm working.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Good to see members of this forum take the tragic death of a 24 year old, which was undoubtedly caused by the lack of care from the company— and chalk it up to drug use.
Again, we do not know what happened, just like it may be a tad too early to blame the company, no?

Not sure how the company is to blame without with any facts? Did others die too?

newolddude

I know one guy that went down hard because he didn’t hydrate. Collapsed in the street. Fortunately a nurse coming home from work saw it and a fire station was like 2 minutes away.

Thebrownblob

Again, we do not know what happened, just like it may be a tad too early to blame the company, no?

Not sure how the company is to blame without with any facts? Did others die too?
It’s a tragedy for sure. But the fact is we have absolutely no solid details of what happened. But we do have some random people on here using it to their advantage and for their agenda which is unfortunate and sad.

newolddude

It’s a tragedy for sure. But the fact is we have absolutely no solid details of what happened. But we do have some random people on here using it to their advantage and for their agenda which is unfortunate and sad.
What advantage?

The lessons:
-hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
-any adult should have basic life insurance

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
For what? We work in heat all the time. Nothing new. All types of jobs work in extreme conditions. Did he have medical issues, drug use? We don't have all the facts yet.
Don't need the facts ,the media has already decided it's ups fault for no ac in truck.The media controls everything science,election outcomes,legal cases, etc.

Thebrownblob

Mechanics can’t handle the vehicles as it is. Imagine adding A/C in to the
The company just recently upgraded A very large part of their fleet without air-conditioning I don’t see air-conditioning happening before the next time they upgrade at the earliest. Best we can hope for is an agreement with company would only buy new vehicles with air conditioning which can take a decade or more similar to when they went to power steering and automatics

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't need the facts ,the media has already decided it's ups fault for no ac in truck.The media controls everything science,election outcomes,legal cases, etc.
Lol, any a/c tech up in the attic sweats way more than we do.