Lost another brother.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We have heat in the trucks. Any driver who works in the cold weather can tell you the heat doesn't do much, we stop and go all day. Would be the same with a/c, just the opposite.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
We have heat in the trucks. Any driver who works in the cold weather can tell you the heat doesn't do much, we stop and go all day. Would be the same with a/c, just the opposite.
Yep. This job isn’t for everyone and ain’t easy or everybody would do it. It’s 1/10 drivers that get hired here that stays longer than a year . That says a lot and is part of the reason we get paid what we do.

BrownStains

A lot of drivers don’t take care of themselves . They skip all breaks to run through the route and get done early. And barely drink any water or eat any food throughout the day. Can’t survive on just energy drinks.

newolddude

The company just recently upgraded A very large part of their fleet without air-conditioning I don’t see air-conditioning happening before the next time they upgrade at the earliest. Best we can hope for is an agreement with company would only buy new vehicles with air conditioning which can take a decade or more similar to when they went to power steering and automatics
Aren’t the new postal vans 10mph gas hogs partly because they’ll have AC?

Its_a_me

A tragic situation where you hope can save someone else down the line.

Management making him go from 0 to 100% also bears some responsibility. I hope that is not lost in this tragedy.

Policies and procedures that made sense and were enough in the past must be adjusted with knowledge and experiences of today. Simply put the drivers of tomorrow will be experiencing climates unlike those the older drivers did. And the extreme days are ripe for this tragedy to be repeated.

Wally

A tragic situation where you hope can save someone else down the line.

Management making him go from 0 to 100% also bears some responsibility. I hope that is not lost in this tragedy.

Policies and procedures that made sense and were enough in the past must be adjusted with knowledge and experiences of today. Simply put the drivers of tomorrow will be experiencing climates unlike those the older drivers did. And the extreme days are ripe for this tragedy to be repeated.
Extreme heat day are nothing unusual. They happen.

browned out

We have heat in the trucks. Any driver who works in the cold weather can tell you the heat doesn't do much, we stop and go all day. Would be the same. with a/c, just the opposite.
What? The heat defrosts ice of the windshield. How long have u been in a PC? The older PC had a cylinder type Vent that pointed only towards the windshield then UPS came out with the newer vehicles that had vents directed toward the driver. Warmed the cab for decades. Joker
Drive your personal car or truck with the ACand off

on with the windows down and up. See if there is a difference.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

What? The heat defrosts ice of the windshield. How long have u been in a PC? The older PC had a cylinder type Vent that pointed only towards the windshield then UPS came out with the newer vehicles that had vents directed toward the driver. Warmed the cab for decades. Joker

That’s not even the same thing and you know it lol. Keeping a windshield defrosted and keeping you warm or completely different. The door opens so much it really never gets warm. And it would even be less useful in the heat. The only useful air condition would be in Cargo area. That is were the dangerous heat is.

Wally

Warmed the cab sure. Guess you never been on an all resi route? The door is open more than closed.

Last edited:

Wally

The heat in most of the older trucks could barely defrost the windshield much less warm the cab.
So you would bundle up in the winter big time, flood yourself with water in the summer, load up by drinking water even before you start working. It is what we do. To rush and blame the company is silly.

beatupbrown

Sad way too young, I would drink water all day still get the beginning stages of heat exhaustion. I would find a hose soak my head most of my body cooled my core temp down.

Take frequent breaks drink lots of water get inside AC to cool down when you need too! Call the center tell them too hot need help, we had a driver that would do just that he was a smart man.