Lunch Break Question

BrownTruck

Hello i am a new guy here so i am sorry if this has already be talked about.

Can you be forced to take your lunch between the 3 and 6 hour?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
That has absolutely nothing to do with your lunch. You are both required and allowed to take a 30 minute lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour.

C

chuchu

Can you be forced to take your lunch between the 3 and 6 hour?[/QUOTE] One for sure way to get more business stops piled onto your day is consistantly take your lunch after 5 PM.:sad-little::sad-little:

TheKid

10 Min. break between 2nd and 3rd hr, 1hr. lunch between 4th and 5th hr., 10 min. break betwen 6th and 7th where I am

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We take a 50min lunch and we have to take a 10min paid break. I like to take mine at the end of my day just before my P/U.

Why???
When do you eat dinner then?
I've heard all of the reasons dozens of times, but what the hell, maybe if you read it back to yourself you'll see...

CRASH501

in NY you must either:
take a 20 minute break between 10:30 and 12pm and the remaining 40 minutes in 1 shot between 12 & 3pm
or
take your full hour between 12 and 3pm.

NO EXCEPTIONS
Now my problem is when your working until 9pm you are no longer allowed to take your 15 min break later in the day as opposed to being paid the 15 minute time bonus!
I prefer to have the option to grab a slice or something quick rather that punching out between 8 and 10pm commuting an hour and eating cold leftovers at home between 9 and 11pm

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I think what the OP is saying is that drivers not on the 9.5 list have the flexibility to take lunch whenever they want, while drivers on the 9.5 list are harrassed.

I believe fair and equal treatment applies here, so as long as other drivers are violating the contract then everyone must be disciplined equally.

LagunaBrown

Hello i am a new guy here so i am sorry if this has already be talked about.

Can you be forced to take your lunch between the 3 and 6 hour?

Forced? Let me get this straight, you are complaining about fitting a meal period in a 3 hour gap? Do you really need more time to figure out when to pull over, eat and rest? I just don't get it. Union members should be forced to see how and why these laws are in place today so they are not taken for granted........ Please make time for yourself bro!

BrownTruck

I am not a 9.5 driver and I am not complaining trying to fit it in. I don't want to take it between the 3 and6 . I want to take it at the end of the day.