Mail carrier killed

oldngray

nowhere special
I’ve seen the dog thing going around but USPIS is offering a reward for information on the shooter so that makes it seem like they don’t know who did it .

I should add that this area is straight hood and a good number of the routes are walking routes. As mentioned, yes, murdering your letter carrier is a Federal crime.
The United States Attorney’s Office is reviewing the case because killing a federal employee on duty is a federal charge that could come with a life sentence.

CtrlAltDel

From the Facebook of the now slain mail carrier.

Attachments

• 27ADED2D-49AF-458D-A19C-689B43AF2BDC.jpeg
    27ADED2D-49AF-458D-A19C-689B43AF2BDC.jpeg
    335 KB · Views: 209

CtrlAltDel

The 21 year old suspect mother has a Facebook. Acacia Cushingberry of Indianapolis Ind. The mail carrier said days before she was murdered that the lady was threatening her and using racial words.

D

Deleted member 77202

terrible news.

agree that the family should determine penalty.
I always loved the conversation that Nicole Kidman's character and the African gentlemen had in the movie, The Interpreter, about surviving family members getting revenge/retribution on the person who murdered their loved one.

I'm paraphrasing here from memory, but it goes
something like this:
The murderer's hands & feet are bound, and the family takes that person out on a boat to the middle of a lake and throws them overboard.

The family has a choice: they can get swift revenge & justice by letting the killer drown, and live with that on their consciences for the rest of their lives, essentially being 'bound' by guilt/anger/hatred forever OR a family member can jump in the water and untie the murderer, save them from drowning, and be free from mourning, let go of the pain, and move on.

Awesome movie scene! Definitely made me think!​

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I always loved the conversation that Nicole Kidman's character and the African gentlemen had in the movie, The Interpreter, about surviving family members getting revenge/retribution on the person who murdered their loved one.

I'm paraphrasing here from memory, but it goes
something like this:
The murderer's hands & feet are bound, and the family takes that person out on a boat to the middle of a lake and throws them overboard.

The family has a choice: they can get swift revenge & justice by letting the killer drown, and live with that on their consciences for the rest of their lives, essentially being 'bound' by guilt/anger/hatred forever OR a family member can jump in the water and untie the murderer, save them from drowning, and be free from mourning, let go of the pain, and move on.

Awesome movie scene! Definitely made me think!​

That's very true. we have talked about this many times. my grand daughter was molested and her life is practically ruined psychologically. Guess what we wanted to do to the guy? Thought about if fora long time.

After awhile we decided it was in someone else's hands. Perhaps he would pay in the afterlife. Anyway he got very sick and had a miserable last few years on earth before the SOB died. I'm glad we didnt do anything bad to him and ruined our lives.

They have interviewed hundreds of people who have exacted revenge by murder and asked them if they felt better.?

Most said NO. They had no satisfaction and had to live with their actions. So ya , you're right. people will pay for their sins one way or the other. In this life and the next. It's a law of the universe.

JJinVA

That's very true. we have talked about this many times. my grand daughter was molested and her life is practically ruined psychologically. Guess what we wanted to do to the guy? Thought about if fora long time.

After awhile we decided it was in someone else's hands. Perhaps he would pay in the afterlife. Anyway he got very sick and had a miserable last few years on earth before the SOB died. I'm glad we didnt do anything bad to him and ruined our lives.

They have interviewed hundreds of people who have exacted revenge by murder and asked them if they felt better.?

Most said NO. They had no satisfaction and had to live with their actions. So ya , you're right. people will pay for their sins one way or the other. In this life and the next. It's a law of the universe.

Unfortunately, molestation isnt a rare thing. There are 100's of millions of people if not more who have experienced that. And though you may be right that it definitely DEFINITELY has a psyche impact, I'm not convinced its lifelong trauma unless the individual chooses to dwell on it. I dated a girl who was molested by her granddad at gunpoint who seemed to have a really difficult time finding some sexual balance. And my childhood neighbor friend was also molested by her dad, but she grew up, has a family of her own now, and when she introduced her kids to me she said, "This is 'JJinVA', he really helped me get through some difficult times when I was your age".

The worst part about trauma is, re-living it over and over again. But I really do believe no matter how horrific, its a choice to be (and stay) resentful. It almost puts the abuser back in control even from beyond the grave. Ive got plenty of my own stories of childhood abuse but at some point I had to say to myself, "I'm in control of my own life now, not them", forgive them, and move forward without them. Best decision I ever made.

DriverNerd

Or they can get revenge and not feel bad about it. Maybe I'm just not wired that way - to feel guilty. Yeah, I've never had that choice in life to get revenge by death, but I can't imagine having regrets after. Reminds me of the time another driver (a real :censored2:) got cancer. Our center got a card for him while he was in the hospital and they were asking drivers to sign it. When I got in I was asked and I said "Why would I want to sign it? He is an :censored2:, am I supposed to feel bad because he has cancer? No thanks" and I left. Never felt bad about it. Maybe I'm wrong and a life or death choice would change things for me, but I don't think so.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Or they can get revenge and not feel bad about it. Maybe I'm just not wired that way - to feel guilty. Yeah, I've never had that choice in life to get revenge by death, but I can't imagine having regrets after. Reminds me of the time another driver (a real :censored2:) got cancer. Our center got a card for him while he was in the hospital and they were asking drivers to sign it. When I got in I was asked and I said "Why would I want to sign it? He is an :censored2:, am I supposed to feel bad because he has cancer? No thanks" and I left. Never felt bad about it. Maybe I'm wrong and a life or death choice would change things for me, but I don't think so.

Compassion, brother.
Life is complicated, and messy. I know I've :censored2:ed things up before, and forgiveness has always been appreciated.
Least we all can do is return the favor, where possible.

Who knows? Maybe that driver with cancer will rethink parts of his life, and turn over a new leaf.

Whither

Scofflaw
From the Facebook of the now slain mail carrier.

Damn. That's sobering.

Recently I won a route and ran into a potentially similar situation. Several times dealt with 5 loose chihuahuas at a house adjacent to other deliveries, bolting in front of the pkg car. I would honk, teenage daughter would come out of the house and usher them inside.

Last time this occurred the annoying yappers ganged up to chase me at 2 different deliveries, a few houses down. Kept nipping at my ankles, not listening to any commands. I kicked in their direction, they'd back off for a second only to return for more ... worst part is that chorus of shrill barking, can't even hear yourself think. Anyway, all this was being witnessed by the 7 or 8 year old son, who of course was having no luck getting the pups to go home. I kicked toward the pups one more time, and just then one of the little effers charged, so my New Balance work shoe caught it squarely on the snout. Didn't mean to, but didn't lose any sleep over it either. Eventually the owners got the pups inside.

Afterward I had to pass by the house twice to make another delivery. The boy was very upset, yelling at me "Don't hit my dog!" Second time, before leaving that block for the day, I stopped. Turned off the pkg car and tried my best to defuse the situation. Not easy with a kid (no one else was outside), but I emphasized that the dogs were a danger to themselves and could get hit by a car. Then at the next stop I called the center to alert mgmt.

Not sure if I've just been lucky, or my message actually got across, but I haven't seen those damn chihuahuas in over a week.