Maine UPS driver Killed Today.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Wow... It's amazing that some people can't take 5 minutes off from their anti management standings and just say some condolences toward the drivers family. Not every topic has to be against mgmt. I heard about this last night with a group of mgmt folks. Some knew the driver and were broken up about the loss of the driver and the timing so close to Christmas for his kids. I do feel so sad for the drivers kids, it's horrible to lose a dad, espescially so close to Christmas..........

RIP.

Horrible for the family. Let's learn from this tragedy. When stopped to make a left turn, keep your wheels straight until actually turning. Keeps you out of the oncoming traffic if hit from behind. My kids told me this after taking Driver's Ed.

UPS Lifer

Wow... It's amazing that some people can't take 5 minutes off from their anti management standings and just say some condolences toward the drivers family. Not every topic has to be against mgmt. I heard about this last night with a group of mgmt folks. Some knew the driver and were broken up about the loss of the driver and the timing so close to Christmas for his kids. I do feel so sad for the drivers kids, it's horrible to lose a dad, espescially so close to Christmas..........

RIP.

In my heart I believe that the center & division team and drivers as well as other local union members and the district staff will rally around that family during this very tragic time.

People aid, support and help people get through times like this. I can't think of a better family than UPS employees to be part of to give comfort to and inspire hope for the future to this family.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Let's learn from this tragedy. When stopped to make a left turn, keep your wheels straight until actually turning. Keeps you out of the oncoming traffic if hit from behind. My kids told me this after taking Driver's Ed.
also from the ups driving school

this is just too tragic

yimp

d

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Re: We lost a brother today.

I just wonder if he had the truck "shut off" at the intersection, as we have been instructed to do to save "idle time"?

UPS started giving PCM's telling us to shut down the trucks at intersections until we are actually going to move to save them idle time, but this puts us at risk.

Some trucks lose braking power when the ignition is shut down because the secondary master cylinder is electronically operated. Also, the rear camera is turned off when the key is in the off position and the camera "could" possibly save us from being rear ended.

We have argued with the company that the practice of shutting down the package car in an intersection could cause an accident and most drivers are simply ignoring the request and putting themselves and their safety first.

We will never know if this driver had the truck off and then saw the truck coming from behind, but couldnt start the truck fast enough to move out of the way.

Rest in peace Brother.

:peaceful:

I know we have some Maine drivers posting here, are they accounted for?

Eveytime I read about a UPS employee being killed or injured I feel a bit of loss, even though I don't know them. It's hard to explain.

R.I.P Brother.

island1fox

I do not know the name of the Driver; but I offer this:

Hail Mary, full of Grace; the Lord is with Thee;
blessed our thou among women and blessed is the truth of thy womb Jesus
holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

My Prayers and Thoughts are with the Driver and His Family

Dis,

AMEN ----My thoughts and prayers also.

UPSviking

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family also.....

Makes all the stress of peak, and the everyday hassle seem so benign....

Ms Spoken

If anyone has an address for this family please PM it to me. I would like to send a little of something to help this family get through this tough time.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Horrible for the family. Let's learn from this tragedy. When stopped to make a left turn, keep your wheels straight until actually turning. Keeps you out of the oncoming traffic if hit from behind. My kids told me this after taking Driver's Ed.
Good idea BM!

If anyone has an address for this family please PM it to me. I would like to send a little of something to help this family get through this tough time.
Ditto on this. Rest in Peace Driver, and may your family and friends find strength in this trying time.

UPSGUY72

My building heard about it in are morning PCM today we hada moment of silence and are SUP said that when he knew more he let us Know. No time of the year is a good time to have this happen but so close to xmass really makes you think that it could have been you.

BE SAFE only six more days till XMASS....

CRASH501

wow... It's amazing that some people can't take 5 minutes off from their anti management standings and just say some condolences toward the drivers family. Not every topic has to be against mgmt. I heard about this last night with a group of mgmt folks. Some knew the driver and were broken up about the loss of the driver and the timing so close to christmas for his kids. I do feel so sad for the drivers kids, it's horrible to lose a dad, espescially so close to christmas..........

Rip.
.dude not only am i driver but i am a ny first responder i have multiple life saving awards for doing what i do ...mark my words this will become some type of health and safety training aid !!! And how did my post slam managment i made a comment deal with it !!! I have some very dear friends in management

OVER10

His name was Shannon Ronan. He was 44 years old. He was a driver for 23 years. He leaves behind a wife a two children.

My metro always says the most important stop of the day is your last stop. When you get home....Shannon put on that uniform just like we do everyday. He never made his last stop.

We are preached safety everyday, over and over. 5 seeing habits, Slips and falls, Lifting and Lowering so on and so on. There is good reason for all that safety, while i'm not sure any of it would have saved Shannons life, it has saved many a life and many a back for a long, long time...

rod

Retired 22 years

I just wonder if he had the truck "shut off" at the intersection, as we have been instructed to do to save "idle time"?

UPS started giving PCM's telling us to shut down the trucks at intersections until we are actually going to move to save them idle time, but this puts us at risk.

Some trucks lose braking power when the ignition is shut down because the secondary master cylinder is electronically operated. Also, the rear camera is turned off when the key is in the off position and the camera "could" possibly save us from being rear ended.

We have argued with the company that the practice of shutting down the package car in an intersection could cause an accident and most drivers are simply ignoring the request and putting themselves and their safety first.

We will never know if this driver had the truck off and then saw the truck coming from behind, but couldnt start the truck fast enough to move out of the way.

Rest in peace Brother.

:peaceful:

Now I've officially heard everything. What IDIOT made this rule:sad-little:

Channahon

.dude not only am i driver but i am a ny first responder i have multiple life saving awards for doing what i do ...mark my words this will become some type of health and safety training aid !!! And how did my post slam managment i made a comment deal with it !!! I have some very dear friends in management

If you read through this thread you will see both union and mangement express their condolences to the family due to a tragic accident, during the holiday season. As terrible it is to lose a UPS'er this is a human issue, to comfort and support the family who has lost a loved one at such a young age.
No need to hightlight your post for all to see, we are all grieving the loss of a UPS employee. So let's all respect the driver who lost his life, while working for UPS through no fault of his own or UPS. A tragic situation for all