Maine UPS driver Killed Today.

over9five

Staff member
If anyone has an address for this family please PM it to me. I would like to send a little of something to help this family get through this tough time.

Shannon B Ronan
50 Charlonate Dr
Gray, ME 04039-9764

Wife: Lisa Ronan

I wonder if we waited a bit there might be a fund set up at a local bank. Like Ms Spoken, I would like to contribute also but I'm not sure sending it to the home is the proper thing to do.

I'm not saying it isn't, I just don't know. Where's our Maine drivers? Any kind of fund being set up?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would also like to add my condolences. This has been a tough Peak thus far.

Over, we were told during our PCM that the driver of the truck that struck our pkg car may have been texting and "didn't see the pkg car". Any truth to this?

OVER10

I am a Maine driver and will find out more info on the fund. I will post it here as soon as I find out. I know a bunch of drivers from Shannons center and I will call them.

Also, managment is staying tight lipped about this until the investigation is over. I have not heard of any texting let's not Monday morning quarterback.

Last edited:

CharleyHustle

This is so senceless. I've got two in high school and just can't even comprehend the sadness.

My next thought is what was the bucket truck driver doing or thinking! Just last week I was exiting a factory driveway and a tanker went by as I looked in the cab, he was texting with both hands! He's hauling chemicals! Yesterday I was going right around a blind curve and had to come to a dead stop when a Old Dominion semi swerved to miss me with one hand on the wheel and the other with his cellphone to his ear.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I agree that 2009 has been one of the worst years for traffic fatalities. This loss will be felt at each HUB and Center around the country. This family's loss is also our loss.

RSteckino

If you read through this thread you will see both union and mangement express their condolences to the family due to a tragic accident, during the holiday season. As terrible it is to lose a UPS'er this is a human issue, to comfort and support the family who has lost a loved one at such a young age.
No need to hightlight your post for all to see, we are all grieving the loss of a UPS employee. So let's all respect the driver who lost his life, while working for UPS through no fault of his own or UPS. A tragic situation for all

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=112312&catid=2

This is the accident, don't look if you might find it offending I would put up the accident on this forum.

Management does, When I went into work that day for 6pm, I saw Shannon's best friend hug Troy (the man running our building) while crying. The higher ups even came in the very next day; so yes they do care.

I give my condolences and may God give peace to his family and friends.

Last edited:

UPSviking

We had the tragedy on our PCM here in Copenhagen today..... The normally chatty drivers went stone silent when the info came.

I think we all sent our prayers to the family in our thoughts.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
tos

what you are speaking about are actual intersections where you have a red light. you know that to be the case. so why the bs.

the only thing that was not done via safety instructions was the turning of the wheels, which is what allowed the truck that hit his, to push his out into on coming traffic

problem is a lot of us do it every day...

one little mistake on my part, a big mistake on someone elses part......

the postig of the name and address opens up the family for more problems. people stealing mail, waiting for the family to go to services and break into their home.....

just saying, might not be such a good idea.....

d

Integrity

Binge Poster
Very Sad. May Peace and Love provide comfort and strength for all those touched by this tragic loss, especially the family in this time of grief and mourning.

I

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
If anyone has an address for this family please PM it to me. I would like to send a little of something to help this family get through this tough time.

Please PM me with this info if it is available.

Prayers to all of us. We lost a family member.
Prayers to his family for sharing him with us.
Prayers to the driver in the other vehicle.

Prayer...

over9five

Staff member
I would also like to add my condolences. This has been a tough Peak thus far.

Over, we were told during our PCM that the driver of the truck that struck our pkg car may have been texting and "didn't see the pkg car". Any truth to this?

I didn't hear anything like that. I did hear that no charges have been filed against the driver of the bucket truck.

OVER10

Shannon B. Ronan

Submitted by admin on Wed, 12/16/2009 - 23:11
Shannon B. Ronan 1965 - 2009 NAPLES — Shannon B. Ronan, 44, of Gray, was born on June 21, 1965, and raised in Rumford. He was killed in a tragic accident on Dec. 15. He married Lisa Fortin on Oct. 30, 1996, and was the proud father of son Cullen, 12 and daughter Logan, 10. His whole world was his wife and children. He loved going to Patriots games with Cullen, going to daddy daughter dances with Logan and loved watching his kids play sports.He graduated from Rumford High School in 1984, and worked at UPS for more than 25 years.He is survived by his wife and two children; brothers and sisters, Sean and Amy Ronan. Cynthia and Linwood Rowe, Kristina and Bruce Walker, William and Diane Ronan Jr., Michael and Diana Ronan, Barbara and Kevin Bowen and Kevin Ronan; many cousins, nieces, nephews and other loved ones.He was predeceased by parents, William and Frances Ronan Sr.; brother, Thomas; and grandparents.

A memorial Mass will be held at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 19th at St. Gregory's parish North Raymond Rd., Gray, Maine.

Memorial donations may be made to;
Gray Parks and Recreation Program
6 Shaker Rd.
Gray, Maine 04039

OVER10

I am told that Shannons family prefers donations go to the Parks and Rec. I was also surprised but this is what was posted at my center.

Stran

Holy Toledo
Very tragic anytime a fellow driver dies but especially sad at this time of year. Our prayers go out to the family and to all UPSers who risk it all everyday. Praying for you to make it Safe to your heavenly Home Shannon!!

shaze

We were notified today that a fund for Shannon's children has been set up through TD Bank, and to donate we contact the bank and specify the Shannon Ronan fund. Services tomorrow at 11:30am in Gray,Maine, and I doubt there will be room for all who want to attend.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Shannon B Ronan
50 Charlonate Dr
Gray, ME 04039-9764

Wife: Lisa Ronan

Thanks Hoax.
I'll pass this on.
What a shame; such a young Man.

I'll have Him and Lisa in my Prayers tonight.
I' going to write a note tonight to her.

RIP Shannon...You are in our Hearts and our Prayers