Major East Coast Blizzard

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yes, they load the snow in dump trucks and bring it to a central location, usually a vacant parking lot. They try not to dump it directly in to body of water due to the road salt and other impurities.

Melting snow becomes an issue when the storm drains are still clogged and the water has no place to go.
All towns I've delivered in just plow it the best they can, but now that I'm delivering in the city they do remove it via bucketloaders and dumptrucks, but they're taking forever doing it.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

JL 0513

One our biggest problems (I'm in New England), is that we haven't had any melting temps at all for weeks. Snow and ice just remains solid as we get hit over and over. The next 7 days sstill shows well below freezing temps with snow for 4 of the days.

watdaflock?

One our biggest problems (I'm in New England), is that we haven't had any melting temps at all for weeks. Snow and ice just remains solid as we get hit over and over. The next 7 days sstill shows well below freezing temps with snow for 4 of the days.

Deflate (your tires) a bit for better grip and traction.
Bill Belichick agrees.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sorry for the Northeast UPSers!
Enough is enough.