Major East Coast Blizzard

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The "Blizzard of '78" formed on February 5, 1978 (a Sunday) and broke up on February 7, 1978.
Just googled it.

I was a junior in high school living in Massachusetts at the time. Our house was the last on the street and I remember the plows pushed the snow just past the end of our driveway. I also recall my brothers and I jumping off the roof of our house. We did not have school for a week.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There were several blizzards in 1978, just for the record. The predecessor to the "New England blizzard of 1978" was the "White Hurricane" Jan 26th 1978, where there was also 15-25" of snow over much of New England.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I see no reason why this storm shouldn't drop at least 20", if not up to 40" of snow across eastern New England down to near NYC. However like Feb '78, the snow will be impossible to measure with 50mph+ winds.

browner89

Crazy i'm only a little west of it geographically and we're in a 2-4 inch zone with a little more on Tuesday/Weds. Lucked out majorly, but I wonder if it'll effect our feeder division, I'd say 70% of our outgoing stuff heads straight to New England.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I see no reason why this storm shouldn't drop at least 20", if not up to 40" of snow across eastern New England down to near NYC. However like Feb '78, the snow will be impossible to measure with 50mph+ winds.
One model I saw, showed Lawrence at 30+. I'm figuring 20" for where I live.