Major ground failure in San Francisco.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
All the boys from pittsburgh were up trying to find a out what the hell is going on with this terminal. Its mainly coming from the new contractors but some old as well. They started offering $8.00 a stop to make things happen last month, today, its now $10.00 a stop to get boxes delivered. A few of my buddies came up from Fresno to take advantage of this.

Bottom line dip :censored2:z if your reading this, freaking pay us contractors more than 2.75 cents a stop and .17 cents a freaking box when a 2 bedroom apartment in the city starts at $2700 dollars a month for a shack. Do the math, 120 stops and 300 boxes and 850.00 month salary. Workers comp that starts around 14-16 per hundred of payroll. We can't keep the employees because if we paid them anymore we would have to borrow to run the business. I can't wait to get out of this company. Independent contractors my arse. More like SLAVES

I am sure they are still making money paying 10 bucks a stop as well.

Ground profit margins are carrying FedEx. Express certainly isn't making huge money, even though Fred is still reaming customers with a fuel surcharge. With all of the dysfunction and turnover, that leaves Ground to supply the dollars that make stockholders happy.

For years, Smith screwed us to build the Ground empire. Now, he's screwing the contractors because they're totally invested in financing Fred's Ground vehicle fleet and can't get out.

I feel for you, but I have been warning contractors for several years about the way Fred does business.

gixxer squid

Why not just take the residentials out to take the edge off of Monday?

True, we don't have the efficiency that you boys have, ( nor the pay, hahah) LOL 1 loader per 3 trucks, as I recall, my local ups buddy said you have 1 loader per two trucks. If we don't get to terminal an hour before to organize and you find that small piss ant box hiding on the wrong shelf behind a big box on the opposite side of town you were on earlier than you SOL

gixxer squid

Something that Frisco has trouble understanding.

Peak is peak, on our 6th one. Its primarily the new contractors and with ISP and 5 PSA minimum (well not PSA now but you know what I mean), these newbies are ill prepared, not only that, the drivers will typically demand more pay with the new owners coming in. The crap and sizes of boxes we are being asked to deliver, for 17 cent, LOL, is ridiculous. I drive much more than I would like, driving tomorrow, friday and Monday of course so I feel the drivers pain.

Its not just Frisco, its any over priced congested area where rent is through the roof in Cali. My buddy is Fresno who is up helping in SF in hopes of getting some routes does not have this issue back home. He makes approx 10% less across the board then we but housing is around 700 a month. Almost all his drivers are over 5 years working. Fedex is a career, its a good job there They make 600 a week but again, do the math.

As our UPS guy said, its simple economics. When your total income is going to housing and gas and your on obozocare and you have no free cash flow, what incentive is there?

There has to be a COST OF LIVING adjustment for metropolitan areas with high rises. If I drove where I grew up, which happens to be in Northern Cali and I made 600 a week, I could probably own a house and rent currently is 800-900 a month for a house, NOT 3-4k

And this is 2014 data, add another 15% for 2015.

gixxer squid

Ground profit margins are carrying FedEx. Express certainly isn't making huge money, even though Fred is still reaming customers with a fuel surcharge. With all of the dysfunction and turnover, that leaves Ground to supply the dollars that make stockholders happy.

For years, Smith screwed us to build the Ground empire. Now, he's screwing the contractors because they're totally invested in financing Fred's Ground vehicle fleet and can't get out.

I feel for you, but I have been warning contractors for several years about the way Fred does business.

fedex-truck.jpg

Precisely What is this over priced POS, a P500 or p700 at best? I am sure I help pay for this crap. I am seeing these things all over our area now.....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
View attachment 60703

Precisely What is this over priced POS, a P500 or p700 at best? I am sure I help pay for this crap. I am seeing these things all over our area now.....

Yep, but we're paying for it too. This eco-friendly worthless POS probably represents .00005 percent of the FedEx fleet, but our PR people will act like we have thousands of them. Probably doesn't even run.