Major Revelation... or just slow learner?

LeeRoyBrown

Preload monkey beeyotch
I have come to the realization that I need to suspend the personality traits that make me "ME"... just go to work, monkey/robot my way through the day, and get on with it. Does this sound about right? Does this theory/philosophy apply to more than 1 position at UPS? Anyway, today will be day 1 of that. See how it goes and fill y'all in later.

rod

Retired 22 years
I have come to the realization that I need to suspend the personality traits that make me "ME"... just go to work, monkey/robot my way through the day, and get on with it. Does this sound about right? Does this theory/philosophy apply to more than 1 position at UPS? Anyway, today will be day 1 of that. See how it goes and fill y'all in later.
Sounds about right. Keep a sense of humor and you should survive.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

This attitude will set you free

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Perhaps the real you is unemployable.

I know that's the case for me. Any time I slip and allow logic and intelligence to dictate my actions at work I almost always regret it. Not really good at "playing the game", especially when the rules seem to contradict one another. Once you stop caring about the way things should or could be, life at work seems to get a little easier.

I know that's the case for me. Any time I slip and allow logic and intelligence to dictate my actions at work I almost always regret it. Not really good at "playing the game", especially when the rules seem to contradict one another. Once you stop caring about the way things should or could be, life at work seems to get a little easier.
100% agree.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
When some brat screws up the load on monday and gives everyone overtime. IDGAF
When my planned day is always 1 hour later than driver start. IDGAF
When the dispatcher kid that was hired at the same time as me than me hands out 10-100 add-cuts that make no damn sense. IDGAF
When a group of businesses begin ordering a new record amount of bulk for a P500. IDGAF
When I get a random helper, every day, to reduce my hours. IDGAF
When I get told to punch off in exactly 5 hours with plenty of pieces still outside, and the last driver on my pull has just about had it loading their own pc. IDGAF

Just throw my scanner in the trash and bring back the charts!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
You got it figured out mostly.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
giphy.gif

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
The minute you stop trying to improve UPS and turn off your brain you have figured it out. If you fight it, it will eat you alive and make you angry and resentful.