Making my house a pick up account

Box Ox

He's paying for the pickup. How is that stealing?

I'd tend to think of it as a gray area loss leader for the company. At only $4 a day for another 20 minutes of PC and driver on the road, UPS would probably hope the pickup would put some paid volume into the system.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'd tend to think of it as a gray area loss leader for the company. At only $4 a day for another 20 minutes of PC and driver on the road, UPS would probably hope the pickup would put some paid volume into the system.
Fair point. But at the same time in another thread there were about 25 posts saying they can't get dead pickups pulled out of their DIAD for places that have been closed for 2 years. Clearly some places don't care if volume is coming out of these pickups.

Box Ox

Clearly some places don't care if volume is coming out of these pickups.

But is UPS still receiving weekly payments for them to stay in the board? Beats me. Free money? No problem with opening and stop completing a known defunct pickup as long as it's clear to managenent and I don't have to break off from the regulars.

watdaflock?

He's paying for the pickup. How is that stealing?
I'm sure you are one to always take from the penny jar but never leave some.

If some odd irregular package which must be picked up, fine. To randomly mail some junk just to pad your hours and paycheck, instead of simply bringing the package with you to work (imo) is dishonest.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I live on my route about 5 miles out of town. I always have a few rural route deliveries near my home that I would go out and deliver around noon so I could take my lunch at my house. Orion doesn't seem to care much about my lunch plans.

I am considering setting up my home as a pick up account with a noon commit. I would probably gain 20 minutes of overtime a day driving out there and back at $52 an hour for a profit of $17 a day or $85 a week. I am guessing pick up accounts cost about $15 to $20 a week, so I am thinking my plan=winner!
I like this guy! You remind me of Wally with this type of thinking.

What if you become a Smart pickup? Would Orion have you there about the same time doing a few stops in the area thinking you have a 12 noon pickup? At 12, the pickup would go away and you would not be charged.

Wally

Overpaid? How can that be? The company agreed to pay the set wages.
Imagine that. Another driver who's overpaid and dishonest, coming up with ways to take more unearned $ from the company.
Thank goodness you're protected by a union.

Dishonest? These are the rules and the driver is playing by them. The company can change the rules at any time as they did with Orion and safety, having drivers cross traffic more.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If you want to go home for lunch, just do it. You say it is a rural area, which means you have the right to drive as far as necessary to a location with suitable restroom facilities. ORION is their problem not yours.

JL 0513

Like I said earlier, his paid day would barely increase because the stops around his house would be set around this p/u. This is what Orion does. Before Orion, this would be the case where a 20 minute break away would occur following regular EDD.

Yes, which is the reasoning that seems to escape people when talking about CEO pay. The market, company, and executive agree on the $15M salary. Is he overpaid? Nope, that's what he costs.

Re-Raise

I'm sure you are one to always take from the penny jar but never leave some.

If some odd irregular package which must be picked up, fine. To randomly mail some junk just to pad your hours and paycheck, instead of simply bringing the package with you to work (imo) is dishonest.
It would be hard to explain how little your opinion means to me

Wally

Like I said earlier, his paid day would barely increase because the stops around his house would be set around this p/u. This is what Orion does. Before Orion, this would be the case where a 20 minute break away would occur following regular EDD.

Yes, which is the reasoning that seems to escape people when talking about CEO pay. The market, company, and executive agree on the $15M salary. Is he overpaid? Nope, that's what he costs.
If they agree to pay that, good for the CEO.

Wally

If you want to go home for lunch, just do it. You say it is a rural area, which means you have the right to drive as far as necessary to a location with suitable restroom facilities. ORION is their problem not yours.
We can only go a few miles off route.