Making people aware

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I hope that one guy never took the train test..lol

I said you first. Lol. Did you still want me involved in this conversation?

***Tldr warning***

You can't prove that God exists, unless such a God were to allow it. I believe in God because I choose to, and also I believe that science, at least indirectly, suggests the existence of God. The second law of thermal dynamics is a good place to start. Energy must be directed by something in order to decrease entropy within a closed system. But, there are also a lot of assumptions at play there. First being that the universe is a closed system. It's lkely many people use the idea of "god" simply to explain away what we don't understand, and I don't subscribe to that sort of thinking.

Within the span of time that human consciousness will exist within the universe, we will likely never actually know if the universe is infinite, or if it contained within a boundary, and if so, what lies outside the boundary? Is it just more universe? Or is it something completely different?

The fallacy in scientific reasoning is that everything can be quantified, everything can be explained, every puzzle has a solution, if we simply had enough time and the proper tools. That is a statement of faith on par with any other religious thought. Even if humans managed to survive until the end of the universe, it still wouldn't be enough time to know everything, and there would be too much for us to handle knowing long before that.

So, for all intents and purposes, the "truth" will forever be outside of the grasp of humanity. To think that any one of us will even be able to grasp an iota of reality within our split second of existence is hubris beyond measure. The only options we have are to continue to stumble around in the darkness, hopefully making progress towards that tiny speck of light in the distance, or to give up. Whatever it is that you have to put your faith in to keep going, day after day, is up to you.

The idea that an all powerful creator, one that is the "Truth", who already knows what the entirety of humanity will ultimately fail to grasp, exists and has established a purpose for my life is a far more comforting idea than that I, lowly, self-absorbed thing that I am, must create my own purpose. But the fact that I can never know for sure which is true is what makes the whole thing so profoundly absurd, and the absurdity makes the choice to continue moving forward that much nobler. The choice to believe in a creator is about the only meaningful gesture I have to offer such an entity, were one to exist.

BrownArmy

@It will be fine @BrownArmy
When you really think about it, who is more delusional?
Someone who believes in an eternal being, a Creator.
Or someone who believes that something came from nothing.

Still waiting for your answer to what was the "cause".

Who says something came from nothing?

Not me, nor any scientist.

I have no idea about the initial cause, and neither does any scientist.

Guy, it’s cool if you want to call it GOD.

The fact is we simply don’t know.

The concept of the ‘Big Bang’ doesn’t posit that something came from nothing, it simply describes, as best as science can with the available data, what actually occurred.

That’s it, no more, no less.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Who says something came from nothing?

Not me, nor any scientist.

I have no idea about the initial cause, and neither does any scientist.

Guy, it’s cool if you want to call it GOD.

The fact is we simply don’t know.

The concept of the ‘Big Bang’ doesn’t posit that something came from nothing, it simply describes, as best as science can with the available data, what actually occurred.

That’s it, no more, no less.
I do know.
Live it up.

BrownFlush

I love reading your posts about god that are filled with personal attacks. LMAO.

Whats your point?
heathen
noun
plural heathens or heathen
Definition of heathen

1: an unconverted member of a people or nation who does not acknowledge the God of the Bible

Not you?

No answer? Expected.
You might have to say something that has meaning which means you won't .

BrownFlush

Do you not know where your god came from? You seem scared to answer.
And the twist is in motion..focus..focus.. let's pretend it's not been addressed and the questions to you have not been ignored... focus..steady..I'm guessing 2 more post for the twist to be complete but you will probably do it in one since I said this...twist now

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So what did your god come from?
And the twist is in motion..focus..focus.. let's pretend it's not been addressed and the questions to you have not been ignored... focus..steady..I'm guessing 2 more post for the twist to be complete but you will probably do it in one since I said this...twist now
No answer? Expected.
You might have to say something that has meaning which means you won't .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You got nothing . You never have and you never will.
Don't. God doesn't listen to heathens.
We did this dance before loser.
Not wasting my time giving the biggest loser valid answers.
Go play with yourself.
good-good-let-the-hate-flowthrough-you-19239055.png

kek