Management Melting Down

thedownhillEXPRESS

You and I spoke privately about this recently, and I'm glad you posted this. I'm unaware of a stealth "kill" program, but they have managed to get rid of several managers in my district recently. This may be part of it. As far as the "Ops Lead" goes, I've heard that they can't find anyone locally willing to do it. Apparently, even the Purple People know this is a losing proposition, probably because they know the grief they're going to get from hourlies who:
A. Have no respect for them or their "authority".

B. Are going to take out their unhappiness on them (the Lead). And the unhappiness level is going to ratchet way-up when the announcements are finally made about what they're doing, IF such an announcement creates even more Draconian levels of hours cuts and general oppression and misery.

If I were an Ops Manager, I'd be looking really hard for another job right now, even if I knew I was going to be retained. It's already a thankless position, and having a station full of couriers who would like to run you over isn't much of an incentive to stay at FedEx. Neither is the increased level of responsibility.

God, what a great company.

As each new day passes, I can see why legal pushed the new workplace violence video so hard.
I'm actually starting to feel in danger with how angry some people are getting at our station.

And the worst is yet to be announced!!

CJinx

Is this an express exclusive video? I haven't had to watch or sign off on any new videos in several months.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Is this an express exclusive video? I haven't had to watch or sign off on any new videos in several months.

New CYA video for Express. Don't know if the other opcos have something similar. I've seen it, and it's obviously designed for our upcoming "new and improved" work environment. In other words, they are fully expecting something bad to happen, and they're attempting to cover themselves. Besides, it's a dumb video. Not surprising.