Management morale has gone completely to sh**

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Morale is low and Production is Up ....stocks are at an all time high of $85 and some change... hmmm what do you think the higher up are thinking?

​Something like: "Those stupid asses are all pissed off and still vote the way we want every time. Bahahaha...say it again - employee owners - bahahahaaaa"

DS

Fenderbender
Im just a driver,but I believe that if they concentrate on profit and ignore the human aspects of delivering packages,
and managing the people that have to do it.If they do survive,it will be us,not them that made it happen.

Been a couple of weeks and it feels like things are worse. We had a PT sup just walk out mid sort and have multiple sups interviewing at other jobs. Things are so bad here we are down about 10-12 sups between both buildings and all sorts and can hardly get anyone promoted. It's all about getting more money from less resources and the employees are done with it too. We have a manager that treats everyone like a kid, is very condescending when he talks to management and constantly yells and screams about how they are not doing their jobs when he is the one that has cut the staffing so low that it CAN'T be done. How can you keep up your morale when you are being degraded daily and are busting your butts to just keep the belt on?

curiousbrain

Been a couple of weeks and it feels like things are worse. We had a PT sup just walk out mid sort and have multiple sups interviewing at other jobs. Things are so bad here we are down about 10-12 sups between both buildings and all sorts and can hardly get anyone promoted. It's all about getting more money from less resources and the employees are done with it too. We have a manager that treats everyone like a kid, is very condescending when he talks to management and constantly yells and screams about how they are not doing their jobs when he is the one that has cut the staffing so low that it CAN'T be done. How can you keep up your morale when you are being degraded daily and are busting your butts to just keep the belt on?

Morale is difficult to quantify when your doing mathematical calculations; it's much easier to just leave it out.

TxRoadDawg

Can anyone name ONE sup below center manager that wouldn't be a driver in a heart beat? Thats my down and dirty judgement of how management morale really is.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Can anyone name ONE sup below center manager that wouldn't be a driver in a heart beat? Thats my down and dirty judgement of how management morale really is.
We had three drivers recently go management, two personally told me they wish they never did, all within 1 year.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
We had three drivers recently go management, two personally told me they wish they never did, all within 1 year.

Here's to hoping you gave all three of them a Verne Lundequist style belly chortle in their faces. Air conditioning has a strong pull on "weak" folks in our region.

InsideUPS

​Hell, that would apply to supervisors too!

Hoaxster....I actually feel very bad for many of the newer full-time supervisors at UPS (they tell me no pensions...significant health premiums, etc.) The young FT supervisors that I talk with plan on using UPS as a stepping stone to a better job. Excellent resume builder in my opinion.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxster....I actually feel very bad for many of the newer full-time supervisors at UPS (they tell me no pensions...significant health premiums, etc.) The young FT supervisors that I talk with plan on using UPS as a stepping stone to a better job. Excellent resume builder in my opinion.

I ​sincerely think that is the plan from Corporate HR.
Consultants were telling UPS this is what they should do in the mid-90's and it seems to have come to fruition.

UPS is just another Corporation and that is the way of corporations.
Not wrong ... just different. :sad-little:

BURMDPsupe

I ​sincerely think that is the plan from Corporate HR.
Consultants were telling UPS this is what they should do in the mid-90's and it seems to have come to fruition.

UPS is just another Corporation and that is the way of corporations.
Not wrong ... just different. :sad-little:

Couldn't agree more!

M-

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Only an idiot would give up a FT driving job in order to go into management in todays UPS. Pay cut, benefit cut, more hours, forced relocations, no job security, no pension, no realistic hope of advancement with integrity....yeah, sign me up!

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Only an idiot would give up a FT driving job in order to go into management in todays UPS. Pay cut, benefit cut, more hours, forced relocations, no job security, no pension, no realistic hope of advancement with integrity....yeah, sign me up!

There's more to life than less work, more money. You'll never understand (or even try to), so flail away with your arguments.
Believe it or not, we're all made up differently. There's good and bad in everything one does. It all depends on what it is you care to see.

InsideUPS

soberups.... not everyone is cut out for a driving job at UPS or.....management for that matter. As Hoaxster mentioned above, UPS has evolved into a very different type of company starting in the mid 90's. For me, staying part-time and starting my own business in my field of education has been far more rewarding on several levels.

Young UPS employees (management and drivers) of today.. face very different challenges than you and I did when we first started at UPS. I encourage each and every individual to follow his or her own dream and goals no matter what they may be. FWIW, I believe that UPS will continue to experience "brain drain" in supervisors if they do not compensate their management appropriately. On the labor side of things, drivers starting today will never see a full-time pension considering the standards and weights of deliveries compared to "yesteryear". Also, driving jobs are being filled from a significantly older group of individuals than in the past. There will be combined service pensions but NOT the full-time pensions that we see today.

Personally, if I were going into UPS management today as a relatively young person (25-50), I would gain all the experience I could with the knowledge that any experience from UPS will be very appealing when posted on Monster or Indeed.