Management Quotes

tieguy

Banned
are you moderator guys sups and mgrs. they might be able to fire somebody when they want to but making it stick is the hard part. maybe the cell phone is down. maybe the person wont let me use their phone.yes this has happened before. with our less than stellar service performance, all part of the bigger picture with no explanation, its a wonder any of us still have jobs. hopefully i can ride the tail end out before the whole stink house goes up in smoke. gettin mine.

confused was the above a management person said to you?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
are you moderator guys sups and mgrs. they might be able to fire somebody when they want to but making it stick is the hard part. maybe the cell phone is down. maybe the person wont let me use their phone.yes this has happened before. with our less than stellar service performance, all part of the bigger picture with no explanation, its a wonder any of us still have jobs. hopefully i can ride the tail end out before the whole stink house goes up in smoke. gettin mine.
Do yourself a favor, go back to school and learn how to write. It will improve your communication skills as well.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor

UMMMM........What???

W

westsideworma

Here are the two my loaders always gig me on:

- We are almost done.

That one is great, they tell me that all the time but I don't bother telling my loaders anymore because I know its not true lol. Glad its not just something at my building.

cgrant55

Haha yea we have that same thing where I work. But here its the center manager that walks the belt towards the end of the day. This was Monday or Tuesday this week, I thought it was hilarious.

center manager- We're almost done guys, get everything in your trucks, wrap it up.

No one said anything because he always says this. Good thing we didnt load up because we ended up having steady flow for like 20 more minutes, mostly air. I found it hilarious.

outamyway

As soon as we leave the yard they're done. As long as a sup or a preloader can still chase after your truck, flag you down, and toss you another package, you're still almost done.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Two walls left guys wrap it up!

Two walls 28 feet thick, one in each trailer.

LOL exactly!

My favorite, quoted earlier "We're almost done, finish that & you go home" which translates to "We're halfway done and Bob two trucks over is on the sauce again, you need to get his truck done too"

"Thanks for taking up the slack for Bob" translates to "I'm sticking you on unloading air when you finish Bob's truck"

kwed95

former pre-load p/t sup
Two walls left guys wrap it up!

Two walls 28 feet thick, one in each trailer.

classic line.

I've got so many it's not even funny.

Similar to my situation. I had been on load side a few times and when I went back to the sort aisle I wanted to be more honest so the load side sups could have a realistic downtime. Our friend/t sup said 5 min to wrap up the aisle when we were still unloading from 3 doors and small sort was still running. I switched over to channel 2 (load side's channel) and told them that it wasn't going to be 5 minutes because of what I mentioned. So my friend/t was still on the channel came up to me and told me to leave the area "because I wasn't a team player". Sounds like a good quote, but that's not it.

So I go to the building manager here's what happened;

me: Hey, friend/t just kicked me out for being honest about the downtime

b/m: that's something you two have to work out

me: yeah but he's lying about the downtime...we still have a good 30 minutes

b/m: not my problem, you two work it out

:knockedout:

J

justdoyourjob

I had 3 sups and a center manager that kept saying that to me about a payroll problem. When it was finally resolved, they paid me $350 more than they would have if they had actually "looked into it".
hey maybe if you punched in and out correctly you wouldnt have any payroll issues. messing with timecards is a touchy job. people can lose their job over that. so just do your job and make sure you punch in and out correctly. if you were my employee i would have retrained you on timecard procedures and then given you a warning letter.... just to start the discipline cycle because you are bound to mess up again...

outamyway

hey maybe if you punched in and out correctly you wouldnt have any payroll issues. messing with timecards is a touchy job. people can lose their job over that. so just do your job and make sure you punch in and out correctly. if you were my employee i would have retrained you on timecard procedures and then given you a warning letter.... just to start the discipline cycle because you are bound to mess up again...

and what happens when management :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:s up on your time card and they tell you, "take one for the team." People make mistakes you know.

You sound like the kind of sup that will cause more problems than solve. Damn, you must fit right in at you're Nazi meetings and smoke break get togethers.

Mike Hawk

More like if management adjusted start times properly we wouldn't have timecard issues. Every time I work a second shift my timecard gets messed up and I have to fix it, oh well more money for me, I'm on the clock while fixing it.

MiamiUPS

Preload Soldier
Here's some quotes for the preload boys.

"I dont care what your excuse is. If you dont have a death certificate or a hospital bill, YOU NEED TO COME TO WORK"

----------------------------------------------------

"Get it in the truuuuckkkk!!!!"

----------------------------------------------------

and my personal favorite only because I hear it between 50 and 100 times a day....

"REEEEESET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"