Management Quotes

tups

Dispatcher to Driver-"We got you on a split-route today. But don't worry, it's all easy resi. No apartments. Just houses."

(Then after you get the business done and start to get into the resi....first five stops are apartment complexes with multiple stops inside them.)

See---'Trust me'

Mike Hawk

I like the one where the supe says "we’re dry(no volume) for 30 minutes, audit your trucks I expect no misloads tomorrow." There might be some logic in this statement if we we’re missing the last trailer of the day, but when he says that after the first trailer+send agains...

loufeederdvr

Both my wife and I work for Big Brown-When she was 7 months pregnant with our 2nd child, she began to have some contractions out on route, called the center manager from a pay phone:

Wife- I think I am going into labor, I'm going to need an ambulance.

center manager-Well how much of your route is left?

Wife-I have a couple more business and my whole pick up log.

center manager Well we don't have any one to finish your job.

Wife-Well I can't have this baby in the truck and go on delivering.

center manager-Well do you think you could keep working until I can get someone
out to finish up the rest of your route.

Honest to God true story! We still laugh at that one. BTW was a false labor and wife was fine by the end of it all 2nd child is now 16 years old and doing great also

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
"It's just an experiment" After I asked my boxline sup why we were sorting puerto rico packages......funny never realized experiments lasted 2 years :lol::lol:

Ms.PacMan

Call center, no sups, call center manager's cell phone
me: I had a cart flip up and break my nose. (I say gargling on blood)
center manager: Does that mean you can't finish your route?
me: I have blood all over the front of my shirt and shorts and my eyes are swelling shut. I broke my nose.
center manager: We don't have anyone to do your route and no one to take you to the doctor.
me: Truck will be at the bldg. I'll drive myself. Click.

tups

Sup: You delivered your SSI Account late this week?
Me: No. Impossible. It's my first stop. I'm always there before 9:15 everyday.
Sup: Well SSI's need to be done between 9 and 1030.
Me: Ya, and I do that, check my records. What time was I there.
Sup: 0858
Me: :censored2::censored2::censored2:!!!!!!! Why are we having this conversation?

I gotta give him credit though, he is a new on-car for our group, and he said, Ya, you're right, never mind. So far every one of the drivers in my group are liking him.

JJ53

My favorite of all time...

We have late air, so we dont leave the building till 9:30am. Its a heavy day for me already. DIAD message reads "no plane all air must be in by 6:45." They let us go late, send us out with a 9.5, and then tell us to be in before 7. It might be ok if I could double trip but I am 30 miles from the center.. I dont know what they expect...

lost

Call center, no sups, call center manager's cell phone
me: I had a cart flip up and break my nose. (I say gargling on blood)
center manager: Does that mean you can't finish your route?
me: I have blood all over the front of my shirt and shorts and my eyes are swelling shut. I broke my nose.
center manager: We don't have anyone to do your route and no one to take you to the doctor.
me: Truck will be at the bldg. I'll drive myself. Click.

Thats a good one.

Me: I just found my elderly, disabled neighbor that I have been helping for 2 years dead.
Boss: Sorry to hear that, can you make it to work?
ME: NO! I have to stick around to talk to the police.
Boss: Well call me later and let me know if you can make it in.

W

WasInMgntButAmFreeAtLast

Who was that UPS guy? James Murray I think said that. Never saw him again after that.

Dave Murray, UPS' chief negotiator, said during a press conference that the company won't budge from the "last, best and final" offer it made to the union last week. "We have gone as far as we can go." 8/5

H

hseofpayne

Ok, I know there are many of these out there, so who's got some good ones they heard from their center manager or on-car sup that really made you say What book did you learn that from? one of my favorites went like this.

Sup: Send in Eta to building WITH TIME.

Me: Am going to be over 9.5 by 15 minutes.

Sup: I need 15 minutes

Me: I need 15 less stops.

Sup: Need you to make 9.5

Me: Sorry

And after booking off sick.......

Me: I wont be in....too sick.

Sup: Need you to work through it, I'll see you at 0830.

Me: I'm sorry, can't.

Sup: Can't you take something?

I know they got a job to do, but sometimes what they say just really cracks me up. One of these days I'm gonna write a book full of these quotes and sell it. Oh, wait.....I'd probably get sued for copyright infringement.

Me: Its 6PM and I have 60 stops left

Sup: What is your ETA?

Me: About 8:30

Sup: I need you in and off by 7PM with no missed

Me: Choose one or the other, in and off by 7 or no missed, can't have both

Sup: I'm just telling you you WILL be in and off by 7PM with no missed! No excuses, no exceptions!

Me: So no missed then?

Sup: You heard me

Me: See you 'bout 8:30, its peak and I ain't lookin' at these pkgs again tommorow.

Sup: You have been instructed what to do, click....

Got in at 8:30, sup was gone but Center Manager was waiting on me, said sup had told him I would be in and off by 7PM with no missed. I said"Well I didn't miss any", and manager proceeded to tell me just how sorry I was and asked if I thought I could just set my own hours! Anyway, I was a 1/2 hr under on the OR the next day, neither one said "Good Job", just acted like nothing happened.

outamyway

Sup: I'm just telling you you WILL be in and off by 7PM with no missed! No excuses, no exceptions!

Me: See you 'bout 8:30, its peak and I ain't lookin' at these pkgs again tommorow.

Got in at 8:30, sup was gone but Center Manager was waiting on me, said sup had told him I would be in and off by 7PM with no missed. I said"Well I didn't miss any", and manager proceeded to tell me just how sorry I was and asked if I thought I could just set my own hours! Anyway, I was a 1/2 hr under on the OR the next day, neither one said "Good Job", just acted like nothing happened.

Why does that make me sick to my stomach. I couldn't put up with that :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: if I was full time. One of the reasons I'm not I guess.

60 STOPS IN ONE HOUR!
I would have thrown the phone out the window!

browniehound

WOW!, I never heard anything like that in my center! We have bad apples, but I think the majority are good workers. During my entire career I never heard those comments from my management team to ANY employee?

You were .5 paid under with zero missed and they had a beef? I find that hard to believe. Assuming you start before 9:30 and punched out after 8:30 with an hour lunch means you were over 10 and then the 20 minute time bonus kicks in(at least thats how it is in MA). UPS counts the .33 toward your paid day. So to be .5 under you were actually .83 under (in reality).

If these are the facts, I find it hard to believe anyone in management in all of UPS having a problem with your performance. Most would be bowing at you feet for those numbers.

So my question is, what did you do to piss your center team off? LOL! You are leaving something out, what is it?

H

hseofpayne

WOW!, I never heard anything like that in my center! We have bad apples, but I think the majority are good workers. During my entire career I never heard those comments from my management team to ANY employee?

You were .5 paid under with zero missed and they had a beef? I find that hard to believe. Assuming you start before 9:30 and punched out after 8:30 with an hour lunch means you were over 10 and then the 20 minute time bonus kicks in(at least thats how it is in MA). UPS counts the .33 toward your paid day. So to be .5 under you were actually .83 under (in reality).

If these are the facts, I find it hard to believe anyone in management in all of UPS having a problem with your performance. Most would be bowing at you feet for those numbers.

So my question is, what did you do to piss your center team off? LOL! You are leaving something out, what is it?

I worked out at Golds Gym every night and there was this FINE 17 year old girl who I would spot on bench press(she could bench 135 lbs!) and we talked quite a bit. I was much older so it never crossed my mind to ask her out; other things crossed my mind, but not dating! Anyway, one night we are working out and she tells me this UPS manager asked her out, he was in his mid 30's. The next day, I asked him if he was going to pick her up as she got off the school bus, and he had it in for me ever since. The sup would just lie to cover his behind and the manager would believe ANYTHING he said about me!

I had a helper for peak one year that was a runner.While he was delivering , I sorted. Heard him scream my name one day,looked, and he had fallen on the ice and broken his nose. The paramedics took him away with a collar and strapped to a back board.Investigating cop said there was so much blood on the ground it looked like someone shot a deer. When I called it in to the center, the only words out of the sups mouth was "what time will that put you in".:whiteflag:

myback

are you moderator guys sups and mgrs. they might be able to fire somebody when they want to but making it stick is the hard part. maybe the cell phone is down. maybe the person wont let me use their phone.yes this has happened before. with our less than stellar service performance, all part of the bigger picture with no explanation, its a wonder any of us still have jobs. hopefully i can ride the tail end out before the whole stink house goes up in smoke. gettin mine.