Management: They Really Do Eat Their Own.

Seymour Packages

Good. I hope he wins every penny he is looking for and inspires others across the country to speak up for themselves. Maybe once it starts hitting UPS' bottom line, the scumbaggery will tone down a bit.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I was hoping somebody ate my center manager. It's a big ol bastid and a waste of oxygen. Maybe diabetes will set in and relieve society of such a miserable excuse for a human.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Most of us on the ground level are now seeing the rewards of twenty years of the "situational ethics" promoted at the corporate level. It is Ok to do the "wrong thing" to protect the product or their positions.
Real accountability inside the work environment went out the window decades ago. Most of the workplace union or not are keeping quiet over unethical decisions over fear of retaliations.

When something unethical happens and found out they tend to find a lower echelon scapegoat and throw them to the wolves over an integrity issue that has been going on for years. Nobody trusts anyone anymore and everybody is documenting everything to protect themselves.

We just see it on the operational side, I would imagine it is more severe at the corporate levels who tend to protect and isolate themselves from actual accountability and bad decision making. Their form of punishment when caught is a fat retirement and a couple of million dollars to keep their mouths shut and not sue.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Most of us on the ground level are now seeing the rewards of twenty years of the "situational ethics" promoted at the corporate level. It is Ok to do the "wrong thing" to protect the product or their positions.
Real accountability inside the work environment went out the window decades ago. Most of the workplace union or not are keeping quiet over unethical decisions over fear of retaliations.

When something unethical happens and found out they tend to find a lower echelon scapegoat and throw them to the wolves over an integrity issue that has been going on for years. Nobody trusts anyone anymore and everybody is documenting everything to protect themselves.

We just see it on the operational side, I would imagine it is more severe at the corporate levels who tend to protect and isolate themselves from actual accountability and bad decision making. Their form of punishment when caught is a fat retirement and a couple of million dollars to keep their mouths shut and not sue.

The mantra is "Protect the shield".

Hence, the 800 harassment phone number posted to report unethical and unprofessional behavior is their first line of defense to set up their argument to protect their own.
Average people outside have no clue what really goes on inside.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
The mantra is "Protect the shield".

Hence, the 800 harassment phone number posted to report unethical and unprofessional behavior is their first line of defense to set up their argument to protect their own.
Average people outside have no clue what really goes on inside.
I never thought of that but it makes complete sense after seeing what happens after phone calls in my center. I've seen some shady stuff swept under the rug.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I never thought of that but it makes complete sense after seeing what happens after phone calls in my center. I've seen some shady stuff swept under the rug.
I can tell you that it is a fact.

Just like the use of the term "safety".

It's not about the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families. It's about the liability of the company and the bottom line.

After the big curtain was pulled back last summer on heat related injuries and posted in the media one day during the exposure we got the message...take extra breaks, drink water, stay hydrated, your safety is the most important thing blah, blah, blah.

That night I saw the oms looking at the computer and asked her what she was texting. She said that she had to report the names of all the drivers who ran an hour over to the center manager.

That is what's most important. Don't ever forget it.

Last edited:

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I can tell you that it is a fact.

Just like the use of the term "safety".

It's not about the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families. It's about the liability of the company and the bottom line.

After the big curtain was pulled back last summer on heat related injuries and posted in the media one day during the exposure we got the message...take extra breaks, drink water, stay hydrated, your safety is the most important thing blah, blah, blah.

That night I saw the oms looking at the computer and asked her what she was texting. She said that she had to report the names of all the drivers who ran an hour over to the center manager.

That is what's most important. Don't ever forget it.
I recall a PCM last summer where they went directly from, “stay hydrated, drink water, blah blah blah...” to “now let’s talk about overallowed...”
center manager got pissed when we laughed at him.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Greed will define a person. The love of riches vs caring about being known for honesty and integrity.

When you are breathing your last breath all the lying and conniving you did to accumulate the wealth you'll never take with you will define your life to many.

To some, your name will rot.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Had a part timer sue the company many years ago down here in district court. Evidently, the company didn't take his lawsuit seriously. UPS representative didn't show up for the trial. PT'er won by default. Company didn't pay the judgement. I hit the gate one afternoon in my tractor and was met by a bunch of US marshals with about 50 wreckers at their disposal. I was told to pull thru the gate, park my equipment and get out of it. Wreckers were towing package cars, tractors, berthas, anything with a UPS logo on it. Took several days to get the stuff back from storage. In the meantime, the company had to rent tractors and rentals to cover the missing equipment. I bet they took it seriously after that.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Had a part timer sue the company many years ago down here in district court. Evidently, the company didn't take his lawsuit seriously. UPS representative didn't show up for the trial. PT'er won by default. Company didn't pay the judgement. I hit the gate one afternoon in my tractor and was met by a bunch of US marshals with about 50 wreckers at their disposal. I was told to pull thru the gate, park my equipment and get out of it. Wreckers were towing package cars, tractors, berthas, anything with a UPS logo on it. Took several days to get the stuff back from storage. In the meantime, the company had to rent tractors and rentals to cover the missing equipment. I bet they took it seriously after that.
That is the best post I've seen to date.
There is due process and there is judgement.
The company doesn't own or control everything.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Was that the incident I heard about many decades ago, I believe in Texas ?