Manager Fired

jimstud

Banned
In the Brockton building we have been told a nasty rumor that a new District Manager in Tampa Fl. was fired because of a drug problem. Please tell me there is no truth to that rumor?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
What, district managers are above that? We have drivers fired for it every month. Why not managers as well?

d

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Can't really confirm that tale.
Yes the part about getting caught with the drugs was true. His being canned I haven't heard .

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How many would agree that the company has a higher than average problem of drugs and alcohol abuse than other companies with the same amount of employees. How many think much of this is directly related to the "culture" of ups.

local804

How many would agree that the company has a higher than average problem of drugs and alcohol abuse than other companies with the same amount of employees. How many think much of this is directly related to the "culture" of ups.

I did see a study a few years back ranking UPS in the top 15 percentile of high stress jobs. Not too sure id agree with the drug and alcohol abusers, but hey, you never know.

Well, if this is true I'm sure you can dig up some kind of stats somewhere.

tourists24

In the Brockton building we have been told a nasty rumor that a new District Manager in Tampa Fl. was fired because of a drug problem. Please tell me there is no truth to that rumor?

Would this be the same manager that was the recent topic of discussion in another thread (the one no one seemed to like; that fired people at will)?

UPS Lifer

I doubt that UPS is any different than any other company. If I had to guess, I would say the incidence of abuse is a lot less because of UPS position or "tolerance".

Remember that we have some where in the vicinity of 400,000 employees. I would think that we would have to mirror the make up of the general population to a major degree.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
i heard that rumor also,but as always we can spread around what we can't confirm cuz it may come back and bite us in the :censored2:, this guy has been all around Ma.and I know he has been sent to Tampa and he had an incident a few yrs ago somewhere in Ma.

tups

i heard that rumor also,but as always we can spread around what we can't confirm cuz it may come back and bite us in the :censored2:, this guy has been all around Ma.and I know he has been sent to Tampa and he had an incident a few yrs ago somewhere in Ma.

Incident in Mass. may have been a drunk driving bust, from what has been talked about.

local804

I think you may have the ranks confused. District managers don't get fired bi-monthly.

Yes Tie, you are partially correct. I forgot the other DM got a demotion not the boot out the door. One fired, one demoted . :)

Last edited: