Manager raise?

PT Car Washer

Front line sups and managers are expendable. UPS can find a shift supervisor at McDonald's that has more experience than you. Let's be honest, you're overpaid loaders. :)
Wow! Our Twi sort has like 6 FT sups and managers. Everyone was doubled up when the Day sort was shut down. All for 30 to 40k in volume. Most of the time they are chit chating but then they go out and give contradictory commands to the PT sups and hourlies. You know they are wondering who will be getting the axe.

542thruNthru

Wow! Our Twi sort has like 6 FT sups and managers. Everyone was doubled up when the Day sort was shut down. All for 30 to 40k in volume. Most of the time they are chit chating but then they go out and give contradictory commands to the PT sups and hourlies. You know they are wondering who will be getting the axe.

I'm a little confused. Do you agree or disagree with the statement. :)

PT Car Washer

I'm a little confused. Do you agree or disagree with the statement. :)
I imagine the McDonalds manager cares more about quality and customer satisfaction then the sort manager who just wants the packages sorted and loaded in as little time as possible. I personally have seen sort managers just look the other way as packages are being thrown or being mangled and damaged by the belts rather then shut the belt down and correct the situation.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Front line sups and managers are expendable. UPS can find a shift supervisor at McDonald's that has more experience than you. Let's be honest, you're overpaid loaders. :)
Maybe corporate is finally realizing that oms and pt sups can pretty much run any possible position that is now manned by ft. Sups or managers???? And do it at 1/4 the cost....I might have to run that by Mr. Walmart and see if I can get promoted to the BOD....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
But they look super cool wearing their new reflective safety vests walking around the building and pretending they matter.....they don’t!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Heaven forbid that we award our hardworking & productive front line supervisor's and manager's (we do have some) and reward with an increase for their efforts and results last year. They might actually start coming to work with better attitudes and outlooks for their future, when they see that their personal results, do actually account for something. The folk's at the front line , don't often get the credit they deserve, both good and bad. We don't seem to have a problem at the top level's of management lavishing rewarding mediocre results. Our leader's are for the most part on the management committee are parasitic jokes.
Can’t argue with that...