Managers starting to worry about their "SFA"

Slave101

A*****e managers starting to be sort of nice because "SFA" is in few months. I don't buy any of it and will still give low score. Went to "HR" for a complaint and nothing accomplished. Later that day overheard two mangers having a conversation and they said that the hr department is there "just because". Now that is some "BS"

whenIgetthere

We had a dozen bum kissers hand picked to meet with the SM to go over potential problems that could come up in this years SFA. They carefully picked the twelve people who are still drinking the kool-aid. Come April/May, they'll still be 'shocked' that the problems haven't been addressed.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A*****e managers starting to be sort of nice because "SFA" is in few months. I don't buy any of it and will still give low score. Went to "HR" for a complaint and nothing accomplished. Later that day overheard two mangers having a conversation and they said that the hr department is there "just because". Now that is some "BS"

SFA no longer matters because they don't really care what we think. Our job is to keep quiet and do whatever they ask, no matter how stupid it is. HR exists mainly as a clearing house for FedEx Legal. Going to HR for a problem is probably a huge waste of time because all you have done is to provide them will all of the information they need to build a case against you. In the meantime, your issue will be run past Legal to see if your stupid managers have done anything the company canget sued for....their only real concern.

These days, if HR is in the station, someone is either getting suspended or terminated. They might walk the belt and chat for awhile, but that's just window dressing for why they are really there. So, the two managers you mentioned are correct, HR is there "just because". Sad, isn't it?

hypo hanna

There really is no point in taking the SFA. It doesn't benefit you in any way and contrary to what they might tell you, IT IS NOT REQUIRED! As a matter of fact, the best chance we drivers have of getting their attention is by refusing to take it in mass.
As was said before, HR is nothing but a clearing house for legal. That doesn't mean you can't use them. You start using words like "lawsuit" and "publicity" in your emails to them and they are much more prone to take your concerns seriously.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There really is no point in taking the SFA. It doesn't benefit you in any way and contrary to what they might tell you, IT IS NOT REQUIRED! As a matter of fact, the best chance we drivers have of getting their attention is by refusing to take it in mass.
As was said before, HR is nothing but a clearing house for legal. That doesn't mean you can't use them. You start using words like "lawsuit" and "publicity" in your emails to them and they are much more prone to take your concerns seriously.

The term is "en masse".

Don't they pay you guys to take the SFA? We are paid (15 minutes) to take the ERI. I take it mostly for the 300 word comment section.

hypo hanna

The term is "en masse".

Don't they pay you guys to take the SFA? We are paid (15 minutes) to take the ERI. I take it mostly for the 300 word comment section.

My bad on the "en masse". Gotta watch that auto correct.
We are paid to take it but you have a better chance of being heard by screaming at the nearest brick wall. The FedEx survey doesn't have a comments section. Since its not truly anonymous , I doubt many would utilize the section if it did.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My bad on the "en masse". Gotta watch that auto correct.
We are paid to take it but you have a better chance of being heard by screaming at the nearest brick wall. The FedEx survey doesn't have a comments section. Since its not truly anonymous , I doubt many would utilize the section if it did.

I thought ours was anonymous as well until the BA walked up to me and told me agreed with every word that I wrote.

whenIgetthere

I thought ours was anonymous as well until the BA walked up to me and told me agreed with every word that I wrote.

I always assumed it wasn't anonymous. After taking the mid-year SFA, there was another one on the United Way BS where I typed my opinions on UW, and wasn't suprised when my comments were repeated back to me by our SM.

MAKAVELI

I always assumed it wasn't anonymous. After taking the mid-year SFA, there was another one on the United Way BS where I typed my opinions on UW, and wasn't suprised when my comments were repeated back to me by our SM.

Yea anytime you have to login a company computer on a company system with your employee number, it's not anonymous.

hypo hanna

We don't use our employee ID # when taking the ERI. The on-car logs us in to the site and we then take the survey.
In spite of the major raise our CIO got this year we are sadly not that technologically advanced. It seems to me if they want honest responses, they should go back to paper surveys and give each employee a SASE to mail it in.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In spite of the major raise our CIO got this year we are sadly not that technologically advanced. It seems to me if they want honest responses, they should go back to paper surveys and give each employee a SASE to mail it in.

How about a survey where employees can answer in free form instead of checking-off boxes on the lame SFA form that has been basically unchanged in 35 years? I'd love to write a few paragraphs on several areas.

RTURNSONLY

Don't forget to give your managers excellent scores on the 2013 SFA. Remember FedEx is one of the Best 100 Companies To Work For In The U.S. and we don't want to burst anyone's bubble.

hypo hanna

Good scores, bad scores, what's the difference? It doesn't function as its stated purpose. IE; determine and address the concerns of the employees. It has become something quite different over the years.

CJinx

Good scores, bad scores, what's the difference? It doesn't function as its stated purpose. IE; determine and address the concerns of the employees. It has become something quite different over the years.
I can't speak for your managers but mine takes the survey answers to heart and addresses them in a staff meeting. It's always pretty uncomfortable because he asks why he got a low score in one area and nobody wants to admit they did it.

"You guys say I lack integrity, why is that?"
"You know when you ask us to override known service failures with exception codes, and then back way off when we ask for that in writing? Yeah..."

Slave101

Bottom line... Have people read these threads throughout your station. And when MDs and other upper management walk in the station, don't kiss their ass because thats gets nothing done. Let them have it and let them know how angry and disappointed everyone is. Looking forward to a 40-50 cent raise is not ok at all.

hypo hanna

I really don't get why anyone still believes in the SFA. We have been talking about wages and benefit takeaways for years now and it only results in more takeaways. Your local manager might be able to address the cleanliness of the trucks or some scheduling issues but the big issues are ignored by upper management.

Goldilocks

Yea anytime you have to login a company computer on a company system with your employee number, it's not anonymous.

Frankly my dear I dont give a (dam) try not to curse on the internet. lol....I always use hispanic female, and hope they see my comments....I like my manager and senior, but the rest, are sooooo out of touch.....

b33nman

Our manager, in 2008, got a 54% rating on his SFA. Nothing happened. Nothing will happen. The SFA is a carrot and stick act to make us lower employees feel like we have a voice. The vibrant, work-ethic centered people will take it seriously, judge it appropriately, and the other nonfactors which flood this company will just mark the manager high so long as he lets them keep going home early every night. I've had ten group meetings this month alone to address issues within our group. About ten of us went to human resources to finally get some real action. They told us it might be a month or two before they can address it. I have a friend in personnel who told me they have tons of "he said/she said" crap over the most frivolous things (i.e. someone spilled someone's drink, and someone said "damnit" and offended them) and that they most likely won't ever address our complaints.