Managers starting to worry about their "SFA"

b33nman

Also, haha..one year my manager told us that "We should consider putting high marks for our senior manager, since he does a lot for us." I was so shocked. How can you tell us what to put on our ONLY voice within this company? That was the year we also gave him a 54% rating. I didn't even know my senior's name. 3 years, never once introduced until my five year anniversary when they offered me a pen. Wooo. Thanks for paying for my accounting degree and masters, here's my pen. Haha.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm really torn about SFA this year. I'm really pissed, at FedEx but I have one of the best managers right now, that I have ever had. He has the old school manager mentality of looking out for your employees. What to do??

thedownhillEXPRESS

I understand , however pressure needs to be applied at every possible angle, you need your manager to take the hit.
We need management screaming to upper management about the treatment of us and the way they are destroying our livelihoods .
If everyone does this it puts the pressure on your manager to speak up, they have a voice to upper management, not you.

You can explain this in the SFA meetings, they will try and say that you should not hold them accountable for upper management, but its our ONLY way.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Don't stew 364 days out of the year about how much harder Fedex has made your life, and will continue to accelerate the downward drive, and then give anyone a decent SFA score because you feel bad for him/her that day, remember its only business.

55+

You know what? If you think the mgrs and seniors are bad, the directors and above are even worse.. They are ruthless to the point of abusive..They will do everything it takes to get the numbers they need and walk on everything and everybody that gets in their way. I don't have any "feelings" anymore about my mgr or senior for that matter. It is pure business. Go in, do the job and get out as quick as possible. Believe me if you give them anymore than that they will drive you into the ground. I don't buy in to their management talking points and canned strategy. It no longers works on me and I hope others will see through it soon enough. I will consider taking the sfa when they can tell me if I will get a raise, how much, and when. No raise? No SFA

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I'm really torn about SFA this year. I'm really pissed, at FedEx but I have one of the best managers right now, that I have ever had. He has the old school manager mentality of looking out for your employees. What to do??

Do the right thing. Rate your manager accordingly and everyone else accordingly.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Doing the "right thing" is to refuse to take it at all. That way, you don't burn your manager and you send a message that you think the SFA is worthless.

hypo hanna

I had been "torn" in the past with an ops mgr that needed an honest review and everyone above his level getting a well deserved beat down. Thing is those in upper mgmt don't care about those responses that much and anything my mgr needed to know I could tell him directly. MFE is right. The best approach is to refuse to take it. The survey is not required and does not benefit the employee.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I had been "torn" in the past with an ops mgr that needed an honest review and everyone above his level getting a well deserved beat down. Thing is those in upper mgmt don't care about those responses that much and anything my mgr needed to know I could tell him directly. MFE is right. The best approach is to refuse to take it. The survey is not required and does not benefit the employee.

Here's the deal. If your manager gets a 34 on the SFA and he makes big numbers...nobody cares. If he gets a 34 and he isn't making big numbers, then they care. What does that tell you?