Manipulating Order Volume - On Topic

GenericUsername

Lol, damn 40 extra now, then an additional 60-75? Your center just have extra package cars sitting around?

We have about 140 cars right now. Today I drove a car with less than 900 miles on it that was delivered a week or two ago. Anything over that are Budget or Penske box trucks that the seasonals get the privilege of driving.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The Safety Committee falls under the National Master under Article 18 Section 20. I guess the number of people that even bother to read the contract equals about the same that bother to vote for it.

My Center does have a driver lead committee that includes our shop stewards and Circle of Honor drivers. They are active and I used to be on it. It is a way to get off the road every once in a while and I used to do it. My Center is allowed about 80 hours a month for Safety work. I once made up the Six Month Plans and did data entry into the Liberty Mutual site. I used to mentor new drivers and I even rode on the car all day with a few of them. That was the most useful part where I thought that I made any kind of difference. I did get tired of it and I resigned when they started over-dispatching us.

Back to the original topic. We do have certain trailer loads that may get rolled a day to even out dispatches to my understanding. They are probably Basic or heavily discounted shippers with relaxed guarantees.