Map Nav

barnyard

KTM rider
We have been told that we have to use the cradle at least 80% of the time. My board crashes at least 5 times a day, requiring a restart. Friday, it crashed on my 4th stop and after my 6th stop, the screen displayed the message, "Map Nav is turned off."

I did not use the cradle for the rest of the day and my board did not crash after that. Can I turn off Map Nav in the comm menu at the start of the day and be done with it??

Indecisi0n

Why do you guys continue to fight their rules . WHO GIVES A * HOW LONG IT TAKES!
Orion , follow it.
Cradle use, use it
Nav , use it .

All these things reduce your workload. How come you guys can't get this :censored2: through your thick head? But then when you guys get written up for it you run to the union crying.

Last edited by a moderator:

barnyard

KTM rider
All these things reduce your workload.
It really does not though. Using the cradle is aggravating carpal tunnel issues that I have not had a problem with in over 10 years. I am not willing to hurt myself to the point of requiring another surgery in order to prove a point that their idiotic cradle does not work.

Indecisi0n

It really does not though. Using the cradle is aggravating carpal tunnel issues that I have not had a problem with in over 10 years. I am not willing to hurt myself to the point of requiring another surgery in order to prove a point that their idiotic cradle does not work.
You really think using the cradle as oppose to delivering hundreds of packages a day is your problem? If that's the case than putting it in the cradle slower. Take your time and when asked why it takes you so long than explain it to them.

barnyard

KTM rider
You really think using the cradle as oppose to delivering hundreds of packages a day is your problem?

Yes. I have had zero issues until I had to start using the cradle. My boss said, "We will cross that bridge when we get to it." I would prefer avoiding that bridge.

barnyard

KTM rider
I started using the pouch because of carpal tunnel issues from pulling the diad out of the old holder 10ish years ago. Once I started using it, both arms healed up and I have not had an issue until being forced to use the new cradle.

oldngray

nowhere special
I started using the pouch because of carpal tunnel issues from pulling the diad out of the old holder 10ish years ago. Once I started using it, both arms healed up and I have not had an issue until being forced to use the new cradle.
I got tennis elbow from the first DIAD holder. I started just grabbing with the other hand and tossing between hands. If I drop it so what?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
F2D27130-C8B2-460F-BD12-B8F37E5A57AD.gif
Why do you guys continue to fight their rules . WHO GIVES A * HOW LONG IT TAKES!
Orion , follow it.
Cradle use, use it
Nav , use it .

All these things reduce your workload. How come you guys can't get this :censored2: through your thick head? But then when you guys get written up for it you run to the union crying.
F2D27130-C8B2-460F-BD12-B8F37E5A57AD.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

barnyard

KTM rider
I got tennis elbow from the first DIAD holder. I started just grabbing with the other hand and tossing between hands. If I drop it so what?
Same. Carpal tunnel is flaring on both sides.

Any time a person adds 150+ motions a day, there is a danger of a repetitive motion injury. The best way to avoid that injury is to quit doing it. Using a pouch allowed me to eliminate 100+ diad retrievals every day. I have tried alternating hands, using 2 hands, etc. Using the cradle is going to result in a lost time injury for me.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Same. Carpal tunnel is flaring on both sides.

Any time a person adds 150+ motions a day, there is a danger of a repetitive motion injury. The best way to avoid that injury is to quit doing it. Using a pouch allowed me to eliminate 100+ diad retrievals every day. I have tried alternating hands, using 2 hands, etc. Using the cradle is going to result in a lost time injury for me.
If there’s a medical exemption for growing a stupid beard, there should be one for your situation as well.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

My favorite part of the day is when you put the diad in the cradle and instead of going in it just slides off and launches under the seat and into the trash can or under the last step on the driver side door, also spilling your water. It constantly gives my board two red lights which makes it freeze or shut off, jiggles loose all the time, thinks highways are driveways, tells me to go south on 1st street then go south on 1st street. Already on my second cradle the first one snapped right in half. Can’t wait for the new diads next year and for the company to spend a gazillion dollars replacing all the cradles again.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm starting to have issues with my fingers too, I have heard several veteran drivers mention the same thing. Years of repetitive motions do take a toil on your body. All this technology that the company has come out with is to increase stops per car and that is not going to change. I have been taking Celebrex and Tumeric for inflammation for the last several years. I'm lucky in that I know that I can walk away anytime and I probably will by next August. My Center has been getting Turn By Turn this past year and one was finally installed in my car last week. It is an extra motion to push the back of the cradle before you can pull the DIAD out of its slot.

bumped

We have been told that we have to use the cradle at least 80% of the time. My board crashes at least 5 times a day, requiring a restart. Friday, it crashed on my 4th stop and after my 6th stop, the screen displayed the message, "Map Nav is turned off."

I did not use the cradle for the rest of the day and my board did not crash after that. Can I turn off Map Nav in the comm menu at the start of the day and be done with it??

Your Map Nav turned off because when your DIAD rebooted it indicated your battery was low and in power saving mode. Your battery may not have been low, but a glitch caused it to show low for a few seconds.

Johney

Orion , follow it.
Cradle use, use it
Nav , use it .

Whoa Whoa Whoa Tiger! Calm Down! Someone needs to relax. Must be really bad to have a Mod edited by a Mod. I'm calling for you to step down we can't have Mod's blowing gaskets on here. Message sent.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I have been taking Celebrex and Tumeric for inflammation for the last several years.

I'm being told to use Turmeric for an iron overload condition. The problem with Turmeric is unless you get a fast acting, high dosage, supplement with bioperine, 95% of it gets wasted. Got any good suggestions for what you buy. I'm in the research phase right now as I was just diagnosed with HH.