Map Nav

upsyo

Your Map Nav turned off because when your DIAD rebooted it indicated your battery was low and in power saving mode. Your battery may not have been low, but a glitch caused it to show low for a few seconds.

This!

I've had this happen multiple times with different DIADS. Battery goes from 90% to 0% for a split second causing the Navigation to turn off then the battery goes right back to 90%. There is no way to turn the Navigation back on (even restarting diad doesn't work) So I just inform management I will be very low on cradle usage for the day.

Mycow

I love my craddle the gps stopped working but it still charges my diad best part no more new drivers want to touch my route with out working gps.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm being told to use Turmeric for an iron overload condition. The problem with Turmeric is unless you get a fast acting, high dosage, supplement with bioperine, 95% of it gets wasted. Got any good suggestions for what you buy. I'm in the research phase right now as I was just diagnosed with HH.

I found these on Amazon, 2250 mg is a high dosage. Celebrex seems to work better, doctors just recommend that you don’t use more than 200mg a day.
DDAD27CE-7B1F-4755-B262-C6EDFD262C6B.jpeg

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I found these on Amazon, 2250 mg is a high dosage. Celebrex seems to work better, doctors just recommend that you don’t use more than 200mg a day.View attachment 271447
At this point, I'm not so concerned with the anti-inflammatory properties such as those with Celebrex. I'm more interested in Turmeric, which helps to eliminate excess iron fro the body. High dosage is exactly what I need. I'll check into these. Thanks. Sorry @barnyard for hijacking a portion of your thread.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
The problem isn't so much the cradles as it is the DIADs themselves. They were never designed to be repeatedly pushed in and pulled out from the cradles hundreds of times a day. The receptors on the bottom get worn out from drivers slamming them in. So many of our DIADs have the receptors pushed in that they won't even charge properly on the wall charger in the dispatch office. We even had a PCM about not slamming the DIADs.

Nevermind that we had 2 accidents the day before. No mention of that....

ManInBrown

We have been told that we have to use the cradle at least 80% of the time. My board crashes at least 5 times a day, requiring a restart. Friday, it crashed on my 4th stop and after my 6th stop, the screen displayed the message, "Map Nav is turned off."

I did not use the cradle for the rest of the day and my board did not crash after that. Can I turn off Map Nav in the comm menu at the start of the day and be done with it??
Continue to work as directed and bring it in at 11pm every night with 50 missed. When they ask what happened tell them the board kept crashing. I dont know why problems like this are so hard to figure out. Play their game. If your shop steward was competent he/she would tell you the same thing

ManInBrown

I’ll never forget my last peak in package. In the 177 you can’t be forced to work on Black Friday or Saturdays. I refuse to work one extra day. Then we were told if we wanted to start early Monday we could. Didn’t do that either. Strolled in the Monday morning after Black Friday at the regular start time and found a bricked out package car, with an entire extra days work piled up behind it. Laughed, grabbed my board, went on the road and brought it in at 11pm. Couldn’t have cared less. If more package drivers had the attitude I had it would be so much more of a healthy stress free job. Instead you guys bite your nails and panic over stupid sheet. Play their games, and watch how much it pisses them off and makes your life easier. It’s not brain surgery people. They try to put the fear of god in drivers. Dont fall for their BS games.

There’s a reason I only know 25 out of 75 package drivers left in my center. Because thats what they want. They want fresh blood that doesnt know any better and has no one like me to show them the ropes .

ManInBrown

Let me give you a perfect example of what having balls and standing up for yourself gets you when you are a package driver. Three or four years ago we were having problems where the diad batteries were dying at about 5pm every day. OMS said no extra batteries we dont have any. So all the dumb runner gunners started running around like chickens with their head cut off when the battery hit 30%. I kept my same pace and when my battery died i had to sit on the side of the road and wait for a PM air driver to bring me another board. After about a week of that guess what happened? The OMS came to me every morning at the PCM and handed me an extra battery. Thats what having balls gets you here. More need to learn to grow a set.

Last edited:

scooby0048

No worries.
If you were to eat more Indian food, would that be a delicious way to get more tumeric in your diet???
I don't know that for sure. I have to limit the foods with iron now and I have been researching Turmeric. The problem with turmeric is that a vast portion of it is not absorbed by the body. By adding biopirene (black pepper), it aids the absorption of turmeric by 2000% but you need quite a bit to help get rid of the iron.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No worries.
If you were to eat more Indian food, would that be a delicious way to get more tumeric in your diet???

I delivered to an apartment complex next to a university somehow all the married Indian (dot not feather) students lived in this complex.
They would have spices shipped in from the motherland truck would stink all day long. Then when you would make the delivery which was always Sig required
They would open the door and the smell of curry would make me retch

hated that damn place

barnyard

KTM rider
I delivered to an apartment complex next to a university somehow all the married Indian (dot not feather) students lived in this complex.
I have an Indian family on my route. They know that I love Indian food and have given me bowls of homemade noms when I deliver at their house, later in the day. It is soooooooooooo yummy. I have also delivered to a similar apartment complex and for a very long time that was the only experience I had with Indian food. Some friends talked me into it and now I cannot get enough.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I have an Indian family on my route. They know that I love Indian food and have given me bowls of homemade noms when I deliver at their house, later in the day. It is soooooooooooo yummy. I have also delivered to a similar apartment complex and for a very long time that was the only experience I had with Indian food. Some friends talked me into it and now I cannot get enough.
There are apt complexes here full of Indian college students. I enjoy delivering there because of the aromas. Some of the nicest people I’ve met. The first time I tried tea with cream was from one of these students while I was waiting on his roommate to finish labeling the luggage he was shipping to his new home.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I found these on Amazon, 2250 mg is a high dosage. Celebrex seems to work better, doctors just recommend that you don’t use more than 200mg a day.View attachment 271447
Just make sure it has at least 400mg of extract standardized to 95% curcuminoids per serving, that has 625 so you're good. BioPerine is good for absorption but it also helps to take it with a meal that has at least some fat in it.

scooby0048

Just make sure it has at least 400mg of extract standardized to 95% curcuminoids per serving, that has 625 so you're good. BioPerine is good for absorption but it also helps to take it with a meal that has at least some fat in it.
Are you familiar with HH? If so, can I pm you for more info?

bumped

Let me give you a perfect example of what having balls and standing up for yourself gets you when you are a package driver. Three or four years ago we were having problems where the diad batteries were dying at about 5pm every day. OMS said no extra batteries we dont have any. So all the dumb runner gunners started running around like chickens with their head cut off when the battery hit 30%. I kept my same pace and when my battery died i had to sit on the side of the road and wait for a PM air driver to bring me another board. After about a week of that guess what happened? The OMS came to me every morning at the PCM and handed me an extra battery. Thats what having balls gets you here. More need to learn to grow a set.

I never called when my battery died. I drove back the 15 miles to get a new battery and then went back out. It only took 1 day of that to get a second battery.