MAP Payout

AB831

It's rather ironic. You have a quote about what a strong person does at the bottom on your posts. Yet you show your weakness and selfishness by abusing sick days. Does it not upset you when the rt next to you calls in sick and your day involves doing your job plus part of theirs. I bet you are one of those that favorite expression is. "It's not my job" You seem like that type.
Who made you the judge of whether or not his use of employee benefits is legitimate? This company has proven time and time again that it neither values nor cares one iota about the quality of life of its employees beyond what their well being enables the company to wring out of them while they're on the clock. So why on earth should he or anyone else care about the state of the company's operations beyond how it directly impacts them? This "team player" concept that they shove down everyone's throats is a one way street. Just because half of the work force has Stockholm Syndrome and has resigned themselves to that doesn't mean anything is wrong with the people who don't buy into that crap anymore and want to look out for themselves.

falcon back

Who made you the judge of whether or not his use of employee benefits is legitimate? This company has proven time and time again that it neither values nor cares one iota about the quality of life of its employees beyond what their well being enables the company to wring out of them while they're on the clock. So why on earth should he or anyone else care about the state of the company's operations beyond how it directly impacts them? This "team player" concept that they shove down everyone's throats is a one way street. Just because half of the work force has Stockholm Syndrome and has resigned themselves to that doesn't mean anything is wrong with the people who don't buy into that crap anymore and want to look out for themselves.
When an employee calls in one day and then comes back to work and tells you how many fish he caught that day, is that a justified sick day? We had 1 employee call in and was at a Beer Festival and was seen on TV when the local news did a story. Is that justified?

McFeely

Huge Member
When an employee calls in one day and then comes back to work and tells you how many fish he caught that day, is that a justified sick day? We had 1 employee call in and was at a Beer Festival and was seen on TV when the local news did a story. Is that justified?

Not my problem. That's management's fire to put out. That employee only has so many sick days to use in a year anyway, so it's not like there is an unlimited supply of days that driver is going to use.

dezguy

When the workgroup has to obsorb a rt for an employee who is at a beer fest, it just became my business
No... That's your manager not doing their job and covering the route, properly.

Stop being a :censored2:ing loser. Whaaaaaa!!!! Someone called in sick, whaaaaaa!!!! "We make life hard on a fellow employee that calls in". Sounds like a station full of crybaby losers.

falcon back

No... That's your manager not doing their job and covering the route, properly.

Stop being a :censored2:ing loser. Whaaaaaa!!!! Someone called in sick, whaaaaaa!!!! "We make life hard on a fellow employee that calls in". Sounds like a station full of crybaby losers.
You must be overstuffed at your station. It is prime vacation season here and we had some Covid employees that are off. You seem to think you are so intelligent. If you have 12 swings and 16 people off, how do you cover 4 rts except to split them up among fellow employees.

McFeely

Huge Member
We have one dude at my station that uses every single sick day every year without fail. Usually calls in because he's hungover AF. Some swing gets to run his route, and most of the loop takes a handful of stops to help the swing out. When he runs out of sick days, he doesn't do it anymore. No big deal, we do the job and the world keeps on spinning.

Certainly doesn't mean there isn't a bit of whining from some people, but that's the job of management to cover the route and the swing driver (who gets paid more BTW) to run the route.

dezguy

You must be overstuffed at your station. It is prime vacation season here and we had some Covid employees that are off. You seem to think you are so intelligent. If you have 12 swings and 16 people off, how do you cover 4 rts except to split them up among fellow employees.
Not my problem. Maybe management should be getting into a truck and running a route instead of piling the work on the employees.

I have my route and my work. Give me more work than I'm supposed to have for the day and I take it for a ride and bring it back. I'm not a loser and blame my co workers for using part of their benefits package.

falcon back

Not my problem. Maybe management should be getting into a truck and running a route instead of piling the work on the employees.

I have my route and my work. Give me more work than I'm supposed to have for the day and I take it for a ride and bring it back. I'm not a loser and blame my co workers for using part of their benefits package.
If you take freight out and don't deliver it because "Its not my job". You are indeed a LOSER.

dezguy

If you take freight out and don't deliver it because "Its not my job". You are indeed a LOSER.
Lol. I have my stop count. I'm doing the work FedEx expects me to do. If a manager doesn't want to do their job and gives me more work than FedEx expects me to do, that's on the manager for not doing their job.

It will be fine

Workers with that attitude don’t last long with me.

It will be fine

C

Lol story, bro. Been with FedEx over two decades. Not too worried with what a contractor thinks.
Your tenure doesn’t make your attitude any better. How many times has “your” route changed in 20 years? Your workload is whatever your boss says it is on a given day. The attitude of, “I have my stops and my route” is pure selfish entitlement. I don’t stand for it, if your managers do they’ve failed. You taking advantage of their failure doesn’t make you any better, it’s not something to take pride in.

dezguy

Your tenure doesn’t make your attitude any better. How many times has “your” route changed in 20 years? Your workload is whatever your boss says it is on a given day. The attitude of, “I have my stops and my route” is pure selfish entitlement. I don’t stand for it, if your managers do they’ve failed. You taking advantage of their failure doesn’t make you any better, it’s not something to take pride in.
Oh noes!! So that means I wouldn't get hired by iwbf inc, working for half the rate I am now, with a quarter of the benefits and time off. Oh noes!!!! Lol

It will be fine

Oh noes!! So that means I wouldn't get hired by iwbf inc, working for half the rate I am now, with a quarter of the benefits and time off. Oh noes!!!! Lol
Fact is you wouldn’t get hired anywhere at this point. 20 years in an entry level job isn’t a great resume builder. It doesn’t mean you don’t have a selfish entitled attitude.