MAP Payout

CatMan

Not if those drivers are already at stop count, which on the vast majority of days, they are by the time sort ends.
If my manager dumps an extra hour worth of deliveries on me cause of staffing issues, which is very, very common. ..then I just pace myself for a longer day ,and take the overtime!....Just sucks that it's almost everyday now....That's how burnout happens then guys call in sick...It's human nature.

falcon back

Hogwash! When someone calls in sick then it's up to management to cover that route with a station swing , period.
Even when you are maxed out on vacation and have 4 or more out for Covid or jury duty?

How many swings does your station have that they can cover a full vacation list, 4 sick calls and 4 unexpected people out? If there was nobody off, sounds like you have 8 or 9 people with nothing to do.

CatMan

Even when you are maxed out on vacation and have 4 or more out for Covid or jury duty?

How many swings does your station have that they can cover a full vacation list, 4 sick calls and 4 unexpected people out? If there was nobody off, sounds like you have 8 or 9 people with nothing to do.
Managers need to go on road....They need to be team players dude!..Get some perspective ln the process.

Last edited:

falcon back

Managers need to go on road....They need to be team players dude!
How many managers does your station have that they can cover 4 or more open rts? You mean you work at a station that has 8 open swing drivers after vacations are covered and 5 AM managers? 16 or more swings? Sounds like fantasy land.

falcon back

All our swings are covering for injured drivers.
Thought you just said it's the managers job to cover open rts with an open swing. Now you say ALL your swings are covering for injured couriers. Where are these open swings you mentioned? You have 5 or 6 sick calls and 3 AM managers. Some rts are gonna have to be obsorbed. Just what happened to us last Friday.

Nolimitz

Jury duty, in what state is conducting jury trials? You are full of it.

McFeely

Huge Member
If a station is appropriately staffed, a free swing would be a rarity.

We have enough swings to cover the number of planned vacation days, as well as a set number of sick calls each day. Those numbers are set by someone other than me, but generally all of our routes get coverage when there is an absence.

If a swing doesn't have a full day's worth of work, there are instances where they run a baseline DRA route and help an overloaded SRA route. Also possibly running a PU route in the afternoon. Generally speaking though, my station's OT is down and the couriers who want hours are getting the hours and OT that they want.

Nolimitz

It was an example as to why people might be off. Jury duty, bereavement, military. Didn't say it was reality.
So in other words your talking out your :censored2:.
I was forced off for the last 2 weeks because my son at home tested positive. Not my choice but it is what it is. not my problem... Get a freaking life. If I want/need a mental health day or 5 over 12 months you can suck it up buttercup

CatMan

Thought you just said it's the managers job to cover open rts with an open swing. Now you say ALL your swings are covering for injured couriers. Where are these open swings you mentioned? You have 5 or 6 sick calls and 3 AM managers. Some rts are gonna have to be obsorbed. Just what happened to us last Friday.
Correct! , and when All the swings are on a ft Rte, and the station is tapped out, then its time for these lazy ass managers (you sound like one)...to remember where they came from, if they were ever even couriers at all....to step there asses up!
and help out ...that's the best way to get some serious CRED!...you want good morale?..You want respect?..put down that damn clipboard and grab some keys and show us what your made of...

falcon back

So in other words your talking out your :censored2:.
I was forced off for the last 2 weeks because my son at home tested positive. Not my choice but it is what it is. not my problem... Get a freaking life. If I want/need a mental health day or 5 over 12 months you can suck it up buttercup
If a manual labor job stresses you out to the extent you are having mental issues, that is sad. I have heard of people like that but until you just admitted it, I wondered if they really existed.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So, what's been going on, oldfart, you sexist, racist piece of :censored2:. Guessing retirement didn't last too long, eh?
I hope Oldfart is doing some real crappy route with split shifts and all day on Saturdays.

His fictional "sweet deal" FO shift 3 days a week was laughable.

That $20 his wife won on a scratch off ticket sure didn't spread very far. Ha! Ha!

Working4the1%

When an employee calls in one day and then comes back to work and tells you how many fish he caught that day, is that a justified sick day? We had 1 employee call in and was at a Beer Festival and was seen on TV when the local news did a story. Is that justified?
Migraine improved.....

AB831

If a manual labor job stresses you out to the extent you are having mental issues, that is sad. I have heard of people like that but until you just admitted it, I wondered if they really existed.
You don’t see how a job where you punch in and don’t know when you’re punching out could cause you stress? Your lack of a life and other obligations are what’s sad.

falcon back

You don’t see how a job where you punch in and don’t know when you’re punching out could cause you stress? Your lack of a life and other obligations are what’s sad.
If being a courier causes you mental issues and stresses you out, that is what's sad. You get off when the last package is pu or delivered. Been that way forever. Might look into being a CSA. Might suit your skills better.

Working4the1%

My only advice to all this OT is to raise your 401K to as max as you can.. First things first: In 2020, the most you can contribute to a 401(k) is $19,500 (up from $19,000 in 2019); that limit increases to $26,000 (up from $25,000 last year) if you're 50 or older. Employer contributions are on top of that limit. These limits are set by the IRS and subject to adjustment each year.

falcon back

My only advice to all this OT is to raise your 401K to as max as you can.. First things first: In 2020, the most you can contribute to a 401(k) is $19,500 (up from $19,000 in 2019); that limit increases to $26,000 (up from $25,000 last year) if you're 50 or older. Employer contributions are on top of that limit. These limits are set by the IRS and subject to adjustment each year.
Excellent advice. Anyone that bailed during the Feb , March downturn missed out on the best 60 day period and the best quarter in stock market history.