Market levels

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I was just talking to my manager about this. He said they are changing all the market levels and steps and no one knows what they will be til HQ sends them the paperwork.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was just talking to my manager about this. He said they are changing all the market levels and steps and no one knows what they will be til HQ sends them the paperwork.

One would think an effective organization could have figured this out pretty quickly. The longer they stall, the more they save. When the "plan" is finally implemented, watch for another waiting period.

What an effing joke.

vantexan

One would think an effective organization could have figured this out pretty quickly. The longer they stall, the more they save. When the "plan" is finally implemented, watch for another waiting period.

What an effing joke.
I'm hearing raise goes into effect Oct.2nd and on Oct.14th check.

fedex_rtd

Considering that it's taken the company 2 years to implement the 10 year step plan, I suspect that the company has planned on many ways to worm out of it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Considering that it's taken the company 2 years to implement the 10 year step plan, I suspect that the company has planned on many ways to worm out of it.
They're dangling that carrot. Look at it this way, that's two more years they've managed to get people to stay waiting to see what's going to happen. If they didn't dangle the carrot, a bunch of people would have probably already left.

vantexan

First I heard of the 10 step plan was October last year when they gave us a 6% raise and a handout showing a couple of payscales and saying more info would come this summer. Given their track record I understand the mistrust. But raises come in October now so we'll just have to be patient.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Think of the money they've saved by jacking everyone around for those two years. Most people just keep jumping for the carrot...dumb.

vantexan

Think of the money they've saved by jacking everyone around for those two years. Most people just keep jumping for the carrot...dumb.
They haven't jacked us around for two years. They gave us a 6% raise last year and told us the new plan starts this October. How is that jacking us around? Yes, they screwed us for many years before this, but I'm thankful something is finally happening. Doesn't matter that it's too little too late, I just need relief now. Sooner or later all of us old timers will be gone, and someone coming onboard today and from here on out is looking at 10 years to decent money with decent raises along the way. That's a hell of a lot better than many companies are offering. There is no workers paradise.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They haven't jacked us around for two years. They gave us a 6% raise last year and told us the new plan starts this October. How is that jacking us around? Yes, they screwed us for many years before this, but I'm thankful something is finally happening. Doesn't matter that it's too little too late, I just need relief now. Sooner or later all of us old timers will be gone, and someone coming onboard today and from here on out is looking at 10 years to decent money with decent raises along the way. That's a hell of a lot better than many companies are offering. There is no workers paradise.

Are you sure we're talking about the same company?

fdxsux

I really can't believe you trust this company to do what it says it will do! Remember your pension? Remember all the other times they were going to top us out quickly?(Not that ten years is exactly quick) This is exactly why FedEx is TALKING about a ten year plan. To get suckers like you to stick around a little longer.

vantexan

I really can't believe you trust this company to do what it says it will do! Remember your pension? Remember all the other times they were going to top us out quickly?(Not that ten years is exactly quick) This is exactly why FedEx is TALKING about a ten year plan. To get suckers like you to stick around a little longer.
What other times? They haven't topped anyone out in a reasonable time in 20 years. October is just around the corner. We'll know then. And they are now talking out loud about a quicker plan. How are they going to keep stringing us along if they don't actually follow through? You need to realize it's not about those of us who've been around awhile. They have no future if they can't give the young adults a reason to stay. Turnover is too high and word is out with the twentysomethings that it's a raw deal. These are people who are glued to their smartphones all day long. FedEx has to do better, and now that fuel prices are down, and look to be for a long time, profits are up and they can pay better. I've pointed out many times our generation of couriers got screwed, but with the great recession and a lackluster recovery there was little we could do about it. But FedEx can only get away with it for so long, and they have to be competitive to attract new people. The days of 20+ years employees covering for them is fast coming to an end with retirements. They need new blood and this time it'll cost them.

fdxsux

What other times? They haven't topped anyone out in a reasonable time in 20 years. October is just around the corner. We'll know then. And they are now talking out loud about a quicker plan. How are they going to keep stringing us along if they don't actually follow through? You need to realize it's not about those of us who've been around awhile. They have no future if they can't give the young adults a reason to stay. Turnover is too high and word is out with the twentysomethings that it's a raw deal. These are people who are glued to their smartphones all day long. FedEx has to do better, and now that fuel prices are down, and look to be for a long time, profits are up and they can pay better. I've pointed out many times our generation of couriers got screwed, but with the great recession and a lackluster recovery there was little we could do about it. But FedEx can only get away with it for so long, and they have to be competitive to attract new people. The days of 20+ years employees covering for them is fast coming to an end with retirements. They need new blood and this time it'll cost them.
I think you're fooling yourself. You said it, they've been doing this for the last 20 years. They'll be doing it for the next 20 years as well. FedEx is making more money than ever. Express profit margins are higher than ever. Why would they change now?

fdxsux

On the subject of market level changes, I'm sure if anyone moves up a market level they won't bump your pay up to that level. I think they will just increase the top and bottom of your range.