Market levels

Schweddy

Balls
My boss acts like it's a 10 year plan.. I just act like I don't know nuthin. Been here two years and I'll still be on step 1 in a few weeks.

I was given a 3% raise and since that didn't meet the base level.. I will get bumped to the new base.

edit>> I could really care less that I'm still step one and that new hires are making the same. It's still almost a 6% raise for this year.

Purplepackage

My boss acts like it's a 10 year plan.. I just act like I don't know nuthin. Been here two years and I'll still be on step 1 in a few weeks.

I was given a 3% raise and since that didn't meet the base level.. I will get bumped to the new base.

edit>> I could really care less that I'm still step one and that new hires are making the same. It's still almost a 6% raise for this year.

Are you in a or b level

SmithBarney

Fedex is very slick..10 step program does not equate to 10 years..they started the 10 step program last year and I was in step 2...I got word last night that I would get a raise but guess what..I'm still in step 2..I'm more upset that I have 8 more years than the next swing driver in my station and I make $1 more than them...Thank you fedex for taking care of the middle men.

The Step program did not start last year, it was presented with an EXAMPLE chart, to start this year

Schweddy

Balls
Are you in a or b level

I don't officially know.. but I'd guess I was B. Reading the "No Raise this year" thread.. the numbers Dano posted are an accurate match to one of the pay codes on a step sheet I got a while back. So I guess Dano is in an A/B market (according to other comments about A/B/E? consolidation; but most likely just A/B, right?)

Here's one useful post from that thread.. I also posted the attachment SB found.

Actually we were told months ago, that it was going to be such...any wonder why we have to have secret meetings with managers to discuss "how to calculate our pay" since discussing pay with coworkers is a terminable offense they don't want us talking about it.

For those who are math challenged.
YOURCURRENTPAY X 1.03 = YOURNEWPAY RATE(Then go find your STEP)
For Example
$15 X 1.03 = 15.45

Someone asked about different market levels than A/B:
Someone uploaded this image,

each level above BASE goes up 5%
We've heard that A/B/E are going to be Base
as for the others, you'll have to ask your manager.

As of right now, just throw out your current market level
and take your current pay(+3%) and get dropped into your new STEP Level.(NO MARKET BUMPS)

So say CRR 1 and 2 were hired 5yrs ago on the same day, but one in Market A and one in Market B, chances are they will end up in the same step, but the possibility for two people with similar seniority to be a step apart, even worse as previously mentioned, someone with 1yr, and someone with 5yrs will now make the same.

The newest question is what will Swings and CTV drivers get paid, and on what chart...our swings are annoyed that there isn't a chart yet(or an answer)

Attachments

• FedEx BASEplus.jpeg
    FedEx BASEplus.jpeg
    443 KB · Views: 240

vantexan

Also, did they lump 12 different pay codes from last year into just 3 for this year?

Any admins want to make a new thread and continually update the first post with all relevant data?
Looks like they eliminated the 7 payscales they did have and created 5 new ones.

Schweddy

Balls
Right, that's the markets.. But I'm talking about employee codes for different tiers of courier, handlers, etc. The sheet that I have only has three pay codes. One of which is what Dano posted.

SmithBarney

Right, that's the markets.. But I'm talking about employee codes for different tiers of courier, handlers, etc. The sheet that I have only has three pay codes. One of which is what Dano posted.

Yes they reduced Market levels,and reduced pay grades/codes.

They reduced pay codes because there were so many that were similar,
why have two different jobs that get paid the same in different categories,
so they combined some to simplified it.

Yomama11

Congrats!! 11 year employee and im going to stay in step 2..yipee!!!

I am speechless....our top swings at our sta will be at almost 33 hr when they reach the 10th step...wow lucky...i am lookin at the chart.

Schweddy

Balls
Congrats!! 11 year employee and im going to stay in step 2..yipee!!!

wtf.. so you were still making (the new) step 1 pay range and got bumped to step 2? Or are you in a higher market? Cuz I'm 99% positive we were the old "B" here. I've actually been looking for other work for like 6 months. I should change my name to shorTima

1314-- don't forget though.. most people here are quite sure that it's ten steps.. not years. Could be never.. I wonder what will happen October 17.

Yomama11

Step 1 is now 17.60...I make 17.54...they put my swing pay into my base pay so they calculated 17.84x0.03 which is 18.38..step 2 for swing is 18.60..so that's where I'll be...and I'm in B market..
Top out for swings is $28 and some change..

swinginthewind

Step 1 is now 17.60...I make 17.54...they put my swing pay into my base pay so they calculated 17.84x0.03 which is 18.38..step 2 for swing is 18.60..so that's where I'll be...and I'm in B market..

Why do I keep hearing from my managers the 30 cents won't be on my base pay not counting for 3% increase, which ends up leaving me at step 1, same as the scrub they will bring off the street who won't be able to handle our easiest dra routes...

Schweddy

Balls

yep, that's the same as what I'm showing:

PayCode . . . 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . 3
step 1 .. 14.64 .. 16.60 .. 17.60
step 2 .. 15.49 .. 17.50 .. 18.60
step 3 .. 16.39 .. 18.45 .. 19.66
step 4 .. 17.34 .. 19.45 .. 20.78
step 5 .. 18.35 .. 20.50 .. 21.96
step 6 .. 19.41 .. 21.61 .. 23.21
step 7 .. 20.54 .. 22.78 .. 24.53
step 8 .. 21.73 .. 24.01 .. 25.93
step 9 .. 22.99 .. 25.31 .. 27.41
step 10. 23.78 .. 26.29 .. 28.46

Yomama11

yep, that's the same as what I'm showing:

PayCode . . . 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . 3
step 1 .. 14.64 .. 16.60 .. 17.60
step 2 .. 15.49 .. 17.50 .. 18.60
step 3 .. 16.39 .. 18.45 .. 19.66
step 4 .. 17.34 .. 19.45 .. 20.78
step 5 .. 18.35 .. 20.50 .. 21.96
step 6 .. 19.41 .. 21.61 .. 23.21
step 7 .. 20.54 .. 22.78 .. 24.53
step 8 .. 21.73 .. 24.01 .. 25.93
step 9 .. 22.99 .. 25.31 .. 27.41
step 10. 23.78 .. 26.29 .. 28.46
The look on people's faces next year will be priceless when fedex raises all the steps by 4% and tells everyone they will be getting a 3% raise..which will keep you in the same step another year..

vantexan

The look on people's faces next year will be priceless when fedex raises all the steps by 4% and tells everyone they will be getting a 3% raise..which will keep you in the same step another year..
You are forgetting that all of this is to greatly reduce turnover. If FedEx starts playing games people will leave in droves.

optikz

You are forgetting that all of this is to greatly reduce turnover. If FedEx starts playing games people will leave in droves.
fedex been playing games the last 20 years, work force still here. people at my station with 22 years and on step 8.....terrible

bacha29

fedex been playing games the last 20 years, work force still here. people at my station with 22 years and on step 8.....terrible
Confusing wage scales that drags out step progression at Express combined with so called rate "negotiation" at Ground. It doesn't take a Rhoades Scholar to figure out the intent. Simply stated it's wage erosion . At Express below inflation wage increases dragged out step progression is how it's being accomplished. Over at Ground heavy downward pressure on settlements through "negotiations" makes it nearly impossible for the contractor to offer anything attractive to his employees. So keep in mind what I told people when I was on a route. "There's cheap and then there's there's economical. Right now we're just cheap". Given the wage scale it would appear that X wants to employ the "Paralysis Brothers". Guys who move just fast enough to keep paralysis from setting in.

vantexan

That's true, but why did they suddenly come up with the new pay plan? Turnover. That 22 year guy started back when the company was still regarded as a place with a good future. We had incentives like the traditional pension and excellent healthcare back then. What's to hold today's new hire if they start pulling the same old B.S.? And Bacha, the raises are above the inflation rate. I'm not defending them, just saying let's be accurate.