Masks required

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
The fact that the experts have been all over the map with their advice and predictions should be distressing, not because it’s “tyranny” or a conspiracy, but because it just demonstrates how the experts become de facto weathermen when a new disease comes around.

That doesn’t make them incompetent. It just shows how difficult it is to confront something like this. All they have to go on is the past.

If they take precautions, they’re accused of stealing our “freedoms” and being tyrannical. If they do nothing, they’re derelict in doing their jobs and, possibly, millions die.

Hopefully COVID-19 isn’t that, but until you become an immunologist, I’ll listen to the experts, not conspiracy theorists.

Dracula

Years from now these patriots will be celebrated for the heroic stand they took. It's like a millennial's version of The Alamo.

Or, the millennial’s version whining when their parents tell them it’s bedtime.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Are they 100% effective? No, but have not been definitely proven to be ineffective either.

Wrong. Studies going all the way back to the 40's have proven they are ineffective against the spread of respiratory illness. But they only made that up 3 months ago so they could save masks for healthcare worker... mmkay.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
You realize they protested against masks during the Spanish flu also? It was much much more deadly.
actually there are several medical reports feom the early 1920's post spanish flu, that flat out said masks did NOTHING. but then again, most of you dont do any research, and since that was 100 yrs ago, i guess they were just stupid doctors who dont know anything.

Dracula

actually there are several medical reports feom the early 1920's post spanish flu, that flat out said masks did NOTHING. but then again, most of you dont do any research, and since that was 100 yrs ago, i guess they were just stupid doctors who dont know anything.

And if you would’ve kept reading, you would’ve discovered that they were made out of gauze or cheese cloth.

tadpole

Here’s where I stand on this - If you are worried about getting yourself or your family sick, you have the right to wear a mask, shelter in place, close your business, etc. If you are not worried, you should be able to continue living normally.
I’m already upset we had go to extreme lengths just to get toilet paper. We can’t take the kids to the playground, I can’t do any of the recreational activities I love. Play is essential! Forcing me to wear a mask just represents everything I disagree with. If we accept wearing masks, being forced to stay at home, etc., this is going to go on for a long time and it’s going to keep happening whenever a new illness emerges. It’s time to break the rules.

JL 0513

Even if wearing an N95 mask perfectly is effective, the fact is 99% of people are wearing loose fitting cloth masks with huge gaps around the nose, around the cheeks, and below the chin. Many people don't even cover their nose. So essentially the public is wearing masks for show. Simply signaling that we are at least trying but mostly just to comply with governor/business orders. Those light blue surgical masks are complete joke at protecting against respiratory viruses. The gaps around them are laughable and so many people choose to wear those.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
No mask.

No uniform shirt.

giphy.gif

vvv

They can pick their packages up outside of their office. I have a few offices who are not comfortable with me not wearing a mask, that’s fine. It’s hilarious to see the front desk girls drag in boxes or paper for the copy machine and 8 other boxes of medical supplies. I make sure to keep my customers safe. If they don’t want me inside with my airborne aids that’s fine.

I'm with you. There are signs plastered right on the front doors of the town police station I deliver to on route in regards to needing to wear a mask on premises. Ummmmmm ya......no thanks.....not happening.
Go in a few times a week without one for a few months now and don't hear a word.
Some offices I do the same as you in leaving it outside their doors and they retrieve them when I walk away.

Deli on my route makes me piss myself as well. All strict with their guidelines. Mask mandatory. Only a few people in at a time. Keep your distance. Yet a few days ago I enter thru the back door open as they had some heavy cases of spices and most definitely weren't expecting me. And there's the owner with a few friends and coworkers without masks and all within VERY CLOSE distance of one another yakking away. And what's RIGHT NEXT TO THEM in a plastic tub......freshly cased italian sausage that they just got done making. Sure buddy....I'll be certain to follow your guidelines if I wanna shop there....which I won't. IDIOTS!!

Have fun being terrified peeps. I can only laugh whether I'm on or off the job in observing people and how they grossly mishandle their masks with fingers going on the inside especially when taking them off and stuffing in their pocket after handling door handles and the like. Most of the people wearing masks over n over instead of discarding and wearing new every time, along with the improper handling of them are the people that you have to worry about.......not us.

JL 0513

Years from now USA people will be speaking a different language---probably Chinese.

The way it's going, we won't be allowed to speak at all.

Each day, someone gets cancelled from society. An episode of some past show gets pulled from a network/streaming platform. Tweets get pulled that offend the wrong side. This all happens even with a PC filter on everyone's mouth but the rules change everyday.