Masks required

542thruNthru

Required to wear masks in 11 states.
20200407_195206.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We were finally given a cheap face mask when we walked into the building this morning. We were told to always wear one while inside the Hub from now on. When I got back tonight, most of the drivers were walking out without wearing them and the clerks weren't wearing them either. They put out a five-gallon bucket with a bleach solution last week. No gloves yet.

nR17lpVOQhy2V+pUONbAVQ.jpg

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Notice that this PCM says the mandate is for drivers only?

Part timers and inside FT in the buildings work in much closer quarters with eachother for the entirety of their shift. No masks required there.

I will not comply unless the same is mandated for all UPS employees *and* eye protection is also given to us.

Indecisi0n

Part timers and inside FT in the buildings work in much closer quarters with eachother for the entirety of their shift. No masks required there.

I will not comply unless the same is mandated for all UPS employees *and* eye protection is also given to us.
No one cares about partimers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Required to wear masks in 11 states.
View attachment 290275
That’s funny we had a driver recently deliver to a place with a couple positive tests.

driver: what’s the protocol here? What do I need to do?

center manager: deliver the packages

D: I’m not sure I feel safe going in there

center manager: I don’t really care. Deliver the packages

D: what about my safety?

center manager: what about it? Your safety is your problem. Go buy your own damn masks or wipes or whatever but ups isn’t gonna do it. Get the hell out of here and deliver the packages.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It’s about appearing like they care.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That’s funny we had a driver recently deliver to a place with a couple positive tests.

driver: what’s the protocol here? What do I need to do?

center manager: deliver the packages

D: I’m not sure I feel safe going in there

center manager: I don’t really care. Deliver the packages

D: what about my safety?

center manager: what about it? Your safety is your problem. Go buy your own damn masks or wipes or whatever but ups isn’t gonna do it. Get the hell out of here and deliver the packages.

Is the driver going to do anything about it ?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

It's to protect the public from us, not to protect us from the public or each other.

Face masks don't do much to protect the wearer.