Maximum Expectations/Minimum Effort

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They keep upping the expectations, and predictably, with no reward system, effort has gone way down. At my station today we have double the number of usual sick calls, and, of course, DRA created more routes than there were people. Lots of hand-clapping and "encouragement" on the belt today from managers..."you can do it!!", just like we've heard a thousand times before.

Well, guess what? People aren't "doing it" any more, nor do they even much care. It's kind of like Zombie Nation on the belt... a bunch of listless people who could really give a crap watching the boxes go by. No payoff=no effort.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
They keep upping the expectations, and predictably, with no reward system, effort has gone way down. At my station today we have double the number of usual sick calls, and, of course, DRA created more routes than there were people. Lots of hand-clapping and "encouragement" on the belt today from managers..."you can do it!!", just like we've heard a thousand times before.

Well, guess what? People aren't "doing it" any more, nor do they even much care. It's kind of like Zombie Nation on the belt... a bunch of listless people who could really give a crap watching the boxes go by. No payoff=no effort.

And I extend my wishes for a happy 3 day weekend to them. They've earned it!

Ricochet1a

I heard that they are giving you guys a "Performance Payout" very soon. Does anyone know what percentage it will be?

I wasn't given a percentage, just someone I correspond with mentioned the fact that the hourlies are going to get a payout.

I'm just curious with everything going on. My bet is 0.5% of your gross for the final half of the fiscal year, but that is just a guess.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I heard that they are giving you guys a "Performance Payout" very soon. Does anyone know what percentage it will be?

I wasn't given a percentage, just someone I correspond with mentioned the fact that the hourlies are going to get a payout.

I'm just curious with everything going on. My bet is 0.5% of your gross for the final half of the fiscal year, but that is just a guess.

WOW!! That is some BIG money. See? Fred is still behind us!!

Hate 150lb Packages

I hate to see Express Couriers so poorly treated. The ground model sucks, but I'm rarely ever bothered. And when I AM bothered, it's usually because I screwed something up. I wouldn't trade my position for that of a courier any day, and that's what's really sad. To me, slightly higher wages, OT, and slightly better benefits is not worth putting up with the terrible management. Godspeed.

El Morado Diablo

We were told more information would be available next week. I'm sure it won't amount to much. Our Mgr was more interested in stressing we made $0 last quarter than admitting our margin went up to 4.7%. FedEx has a lot to learn about motivational speaking.

DontThrowPackages

Honestly, why do they even bother? If the company is in such dire straits financially, why waste the time of accounting people for such a miniscule thank you? Does the company get some kick back from the government for doing this?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We were told more information would be available next week. I'm sure it won't amount to much. Our Mgr was more interested in stressing we made $0 last quarter than admitting our margin went up to 4.7%. FedEx has a lot to learn about motivational speaking.

Here are several examples of "motivational speaking" at FedEx:
1. Your "gap time" was up 2 minutes from yesterday for Stop X. I need a written statement.
2. Any late stops will result in an OLCC.
3. Any DEX 01's will result in a letter.
4. The FedEx Corporation is going broke.
5. You need to work harder.
6. You need to be safe while you work harder and faster.
7. It's your fault that DRA isn't working.
8. DRA is infallible.
9. FedEx leadership is always thinking of the employee.
10. All of the changes will benefit YOU, the employee.

hypo hanna

I have maximum expectations of management compensating me as promised and they are making minimum effort towards that. Coincidence that I would be doing the same?