May 21, 2011 Judgment Day

moreluck

golden ticket member
On Friday night, I'll be singing................

[video=youtube;Nnjkb4q6FKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnjkb4q6FKU[/video]

klein

Für Meno :)
Damn, forgot totally about May 21st and I just came back from grocery shopping.
I guess it will all spoil now ! :(

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The Bible does not name a certain date for Judgement Day, Jesus himself said that he didn't know when it would happen. (Mathew 24:36) "The Rapture" is not mentioned either. There are several Scriptures which state that the Chosen Ones would rise up to live in Heaven, but the idea of them just vanishing into thin air and leaving the unsaved behind isn't there either. Most of these ideas come from the Book of Revelation, which is an interpretation of a dream. It is thought that the Apostle John wrote it while in prison, but like a lot of books in the Bible, the true author is not known to Biblical scholars. I'm not claiming to be a Biblical expert, but I have studied it before and understand what it generally tries to say. It is a group of writings by mostly unknown authors and heavily reworded over time.These were were gathered over time by several groups and eventually put together into the one book now called the Bible about 325 AD by The Council of Nicaia. There are lots of people here with no knowledge of what The Bible is and what it says. Ever since the Crucifixion, early believers thought that Judgement Day would be anytime. Some groups even gave away all their property, expecting the End of Time would happen any minute. For over two thousand years, people have incorrectly tried to predict The End of the World, but have failed like this group in California.

Unfortunately, I am planning on going back to work Monday morning as usual.

upsgrunt

The Bible says that Jesus will return "soon"; it also says that to God a thousand years is like a second, and a second is like a thousand years.
Like I said before, the date for the end of the world is known by One.

klein

Für Meno :)
I been hearing those famous 5 minutes to 12 since I have been a kid. I guess 5 Minutes is like 5Million years then ? :angry:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The Bible does not name a certain date for Judgement Day, Jesus himself said that he didn't know when it would happen. (Mathew 24:36) "The Rapture" is not mentioned either. There are several Scriptures which state that the Chosen Ones would rise up to live in Heaven, but the idea of them just vanishing into thin air and leaving the unsaved behind isn't there either. Most of these ideas come from the Book of Revelation, which is an interpretation of a dream. It is thought that the Apostle John wrote it while in prison, but like a lot of books in the Bible, the true author is not known to Biblical scholars. I'm not claiming to be a Biblical expert, but I have studied it before and understand what it generally tries to say. It is a group of writings by mostly unknown authors and heavily reworded over time.These were were gathered over time by several groups and eventually put together into the one book now called the Bible about 325 AD by The Council of Nicaia. There are lots of people here with no knowledge of what The Bible is and what it says. Ever since the Crucifixion, early believers thought that Judgement Day would be anytime. Some groups even gave away all their property, expecting the End of Time would happen any minute. For over two thousand years, people have incorrectly tried to predict The End of the World, but have failed like this group in California.

So, If I am understanding you correctly, youre saying its all BullCrap.

Ok.. I get it.

Peace.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
With this being said by the lord, I guess Sarah Palins status wont be affected.

"And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground."

Just had to go there... =)

Peace.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
So, If I am understanding you correctly, youre saying its all BullCrap.

Ok.. I get it.

Peace.

No, You are not understanding me correctly and I doubt that you will ever get it. There is no doubt in my mind that there is more after life as we know it is over. I have witnessed many things that have happened that would take a person of Faith to understand. My post above was from a student's in depth study of the Bible and what it is. I don't take everything in it literally, the writings themselves often contradict themselves since it is a collection of stories written and translated by many different people.

You can believe what you want, thats what free will is all about.

wkmac

Good point Scratch. I've always found the whole rapture thing of interest because the basis for the belief found in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 sure read in a different context when you read from verse 13 through verse 17. In fact, I'd encourage all to read both of Paul's letters to the christian ecclesia at Thessalonica to get a full and clear understanding of the message as well as full context. And I didn't use the ancient greek word ecclesia by accident either.
:wink2:

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.
When you read verse 15, it suggests many in that day who were of witness to these events, Paul was saying some of you will be alive (you will not precede those who have fallen asleep) thus I would think that if Paul were talking of some future event 2000 years off, his wording would have been, "long time after we've all died" or something of that manner. And besides, if I came here into this forum and spoke of events 1000's of years off into the future, would anyone really care?

BTW: On a side note, Paul seems to be ignoring the standard belief system of heaven and hell because those "fallen asleep" would appear at the moment to not have gone anywhere and are in a state of waiting. Hmmmmm!

As you rightly pointed out by the action of people, they felt the end times was something their generation would experience and most of that was of a political deliverance from the Roman empire and the desire to return to the days of Israel and it's King David. Even Jesus' linage to David was made serious note of and the term Son of God was a title of nobility. All nationstate kings in those days were referred to as such.

Not unlike today, the people of that day were very influenced by apocalyptic language, the Essene influence being a huge example of. Apocalyptic belief IMO can be very dangerous as it can be self serving to appear as fact. Political leaders who hold such beliefs for example can make decisions of state under the illusion this is god's will or some other divine manifestation. Like it or not, George Bush had stated the influence of apocalyptic beliefs in his own life so how much of his decisions were governed by this? This leads to what some called "self fulfilling prophesy" which can be very dangerous and destructive. In the current war against so-called terrorism both sides IMO are more driven by these passions than we dare to realize and we often focus on sole leaders while ignoring all the surrounding cast of characters upon whose advice these leaders take and use. Therein lie the danger we often do not see or realize.

This type of religious belief IMO is extremely dangerous and one all should avoid as it's leads people to abandon all reason and logic and opens them up to manipulation by those wolves in sheeps clothing!

moreluck

golden ticket member
All this bible reading.......When we were kids, we weren't suppose to read the bible because of the danger of self-interpretation. Only the pope could interpret the bible and that's where he was omniscient. That's why the Protestants were always able to quote chapter & verse, head and shoulders over the Catholics.... because they were encouraged to study the bible. But, we had bingo, so it's a trade-off. Is that my ticket to hell?

All this bible reading.......When we were kids, we weren't suppose to read the bible because of the danger of self-interpretation. Only the pope could interpret the bible and that's where he was omniscient. That's why the Protestants were always able to quote chapter & verse, head and shoulders over the Catholics.... because they were encouraged to study the bible. But, we had bingo, so it's a trade-off. Is that my ticket to hell?
On the fast train...LOL ....I think your seat # is B-15

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No, You are not understanding me correctly and I doubt that you will ever get it. There is no doubt in my mind that there is more after life as we know it is over. I have witnessed many things that have happened that would take a person of Faith to understand. My post above was from a student's in depth study of the Bible and what it is. I don't take everything in it literally, the writings themselves often contradict themselves since it is a collection of stories written and translated by many different people.

You can believe what you want, thats what free will is all about.

Ok, let me correct my statement, based upon "your" studies, you want me to understand the bible is "partially" Bulllcrap vs ALL Bullcrap as I stated.

Ok, I get it.

peace.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

That Pope is really in touch, huh? The announcement by the Catholic Church this past week blaming "social upheaval" and "lack of training" for pedophile priests was very revealing. And they say that the Muslims are stuck in the Middle Ages.