LOL, that was great!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
All I can say : Suckers !!!!

TODAY - May 21, 2011

camping_metro_lg.jpg

'Judgment Day': a $72,000,000 business

The man behind the May 21 prediction runs Family Radio: a group that thrives off donations. Employees don't agree

Thats the problem I have with religion, its all a scam for money. I grew up catholic. I left my beliefs behind sometime in my 20's after going on a 3 week trip with my brother to mexico to see where our grandparents came from.

Seeing the town of Chihuahua Mexico and spending some time there visiting, we saw extreme poverty. The illiteracy rate there is 98%. The catholic church is there also. In places where homes are nothing more than cardboard shacks, these people live on barely nothing and have little to no money, yet on sundays, the catholic chuch takes their money as a promise that GOD will save them later on.

The donation plate gets passes around and everyone puts in whatever little money they have saved for the week.

Most of the citys neighborhoods dont have electricity, or running water, or toilets. They dont even have cement floors. There are no showers and some bath in polluted rivers.

However, the catholic churches there are all nicely fenced off, the structures the latest in designs, the insides filled with gold appointments, they have self contained water supply, self contained electricity and elaborate stained glass windows.

Why is this? Why would a church establish itself in the poorest place on earth and take what little money is floating around with its followers? Why is the church more important to maintain than the community it steals from?

Thats what it is. Stealing. Fear based stealing. Mexicans live in fear of GOD, they dont LOVE him. Anyone who believes that followers belief systems are based on LOVE for god needs to have their heads examined.

The bible sells fear, it promotes fear, it practices fear. Its stories are all fear based and violent. Mexicans who are 98% illiterate only comprehend the fear.

I no longer subscribe to this fear mongering. I live life understanding the universe was "created" somehow, and everything in it a by product of that creation. Evolution took over from there. Just look at deseases and viruses.

They continue to evolve and change. If you try to cure one, they evolve into something else. Evolution. I dont believe a Space God hovering in space watched this planet and rules with an iron fist.

Belief in this theory (IMO) is fear based. I dont live like that.

peace.

wkmac

Thats the problem I have with religion, its all a scam for money. I grew up catholic. I left my beliefs behind sometime in my 20's after going on a 3 week trip with my brother to mexico to see where our grandparents came from.

Seeing the town of Chihuahua Mexico and spending some time there visiting, we saw extreme poverty. The illiteracy rate there is 98%. The catholic church is there also. In places where homes are nothing more than cardboard shacks, these people live on barely nothing and have little to no money, yet on sundays, the catholic chuch takes their money as a promise that GOD will save them later on.

The donation plate gets passes around and everyone puts in whatever little money they have saved for the week.

Most of the citys neighborhoods dont have electricity, or running water, or toilets. They dont even have cement floors. There are no showers and some bath in polluted rivers.

However, the catholic churches there are all nicely fenced off, the structures the latest in designs, the insides filled with gold appointments, they have self contained water supply, self contained electricity and elaborate stained glass windows.

Why is this? Why would a church establish itself in the poorest place on earth and take what little money is floating around with its followers? Why is the church more important to maintain than the community it steals from?

Thats what it is. Stealing. Fear based stealing. Mexicans live in fear of GOD, they dont LOVE him. Anyone who believes that followers belief systems are based on LOVE for god needs to have their heads examined.

The bible sells fear, it promotes fear, it practices fear. Its stories are all fear based and violent. Mexicans who are 98% illiterate only comprehend the fear.

I no longer subscribe to this fear mongering. I live life understanding the universe was "created" somehow, and everything in it a by product of that creation. Evolution took over from there. Just look at deseases and viruses.

They continue to evolve and change. If you try to cure one, they evolve into something else. Evolution. I dont believe a Space God hovering in space watched this planet and rules with an iron fist.

Belief in this theory (IMO) is fear based. I dont live like that.

peace.

Thanks for posting your perspective on that. I can appreciate it for sure.

moreluck

golden ticket member
......."They continue to evolve and change....."
OK, that made me think of roaches.......they survive everything and thrive!!

LOL @ the supper comment.

I agree, sort of. That first fear (non fear), is more than just living in a manner pleasing to God. That, in itself, is an insurmountable task. The only thing that God requires, is believing that He sent His Son to die for you, and after that, you're home free. We're all human, and will make mistakes, little or big ones, but those things aren't the basis for eternal life. If that was the case, i'd be a nervous Nellie, walking on egg shells, for the rest of my life.

Oh, back to the thread..................I'm still here!

I agree, sort of. The bit about being "home free" is a little mis-leading. From personal experience I would say that truly believing compels an individual to strive to do God's will. Failing to do so does not come without consequence. Some have described it as "shutting ourselves out from the sunlight of the Spirit". St Paul had a poignant essay on the confliction of being man aspiring to obey God's will. "I do what I know is wrong, and do not do what I know is right." The knowledge of right and wrong is often insufficient to bending the obstinately strong individual will to do what is God's will. As for myself, I do not fear judgement because I know that my only salvation is by grace alone, but as a believer, I strive to be an instrument of God's will not out of fear, but gratitude for what He has already done.
I am not disagreeing with either of y'all and are both pretty close to the same take on the subject of salvation. However both are more of a doctrine type of look at the fear of judgement. What I was trying to address is the psychological aspect in a secular manner. I tried to leave the doctrine out because there are several different ideas of what gets ya to heaven and what will keep ya out.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for posting your perspective on that. I can appreciate it for sure.

And I can understand TOS's point of view as well. But church buildings are built and run by man, not God himself. I disagree with a lot of things that go on in the particular church that I attend. But I understand that it is people, not God, that make policy decisions and chose on what to spend the member's tithes on. I have to look at it that my church supports 32 different charities and that as a whole, a lot of good comes from it. On a local level, we do things like feed the hungry, clothe them, job training, support AA, Drug abusers, build and repair homes, support several youth groups, etc, etc. Whether or not you believe in God or that Jesus was a Divine Being, I think that the world would be a lot better place if what he taught during his short ministry was followed. The ability to forgive and love our enemies, and not judge others is not an easy thing to do. I often hear the argument that churches are full of hypocrites and sinners, and that is true. I recognize that I am one too, but I try to improve myself.

Last edited:

fethrs

Judgement day my ***. I gots plans and I'm not going to listen to some religious physco dude tell me the world is going to end and I'm going to hell. I don't believe everything I hear, especially this stuff.

klein

Für Meno :)
Judgement day my ***. I gots plans and I'm not going to listen to some religious physco dude tell me the world is going to end and I'm going to hell. I don't believe everything I hear, especially this stuff.

YeAH, we can leave all the girls behind, who knows, maybe we might get 7 virgins, too ? :)

tourists24

Sounds like something a Padres fan would say..... jk........ Go Cardinals

wkmac

Local dirt track car headed to the race track has the following sign on the back:

Tonight I win my first race. All my competitors will be raptured!

Everyone on the road was honking, waving and laughing at the sign!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

-Siddhartha

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I am not disagreeing with either of y'all and are both pretty close to the same take on the subject of salvation. However both are more of a doctrine type of look at the fear of judgement. What I was trying to address is the psychological aspect in a secular manner. I tried to leave the doctrine out because there are several different ideas of what gets ya to heaven and what will keep ya out.
I find what we're trying to convey to be more biblical founded, than doctrinal. The bible says one thing, then the church (whichever, and there are quite a few) add to that. Some add lots, some add little, but that's doctrine. I'm not talking about doctrine, but more, the spoken word of God.

And I can understand TOS's point of view as well. But church buildings are built and run by man, not God himself. I disagree with a lot of things that go on in the particular church that I attend. But I understand that it is people, not God, that make policy decisions and chose on what to spend the member's tithes on. I have to look at it that my church supports 32 different charities and that as a whole, a lot of good comes from it. On a local level, we do things like feed the hungry, clothe them, job training, support AA, Drug abusers, build and repair homes, support several youth groups, etc, etc. Whether or not you believe in God or that Jesus was a Divine Being, I think that the world would be a lot better place if what he taught during his short ministry was followed. The ability to forgive and love our enemies, and not judge others is not an easy thing to do. I often hear the argument that churches are full of hypocrites and sinners, and that is true. I recognize that I am one too, but I try to improve myself.
Very well said, Scratch. I fully agree with this post!

fethrs, I will be in chat tonight You "heard it" from me.:wink2:

YeAH, we can leave all the girls behind, who knows, maybe we might get 7 virgins, too ? :)
You're going back to Cuba?