Dixie Hwy, yeah, also known as US1.
Do you have a problem with that?
You seem to know something about the area,
View attachment 310411
Dixie Hwy, yeah, also known as US1.
Do you have a problem with that?
You seem to know something about the area,
View attachment 310411
why would u leave the sunshine...unless those people took over your area??

It will be fine

Be hard to terminate every contract in a terminal all at once if they were all organized at once.
How would that happen? The drivers work for different companies with different compensation. That would be a muddled mess to convince the drivers of different companies what their grievances would even be. There’s a reason the teamsters have never tried.

bacha29

More ignorance. MOST care under the ACA is not even subject to the deductible, AND it is a FIRM annual cap. You can get cancer screenings, required x-rays, MRIs, annual visits, office visits, etc ALL with no deductible. Your claim is BS, and a sign that you don't know what you are talking about. For most of the country, even your premium is capped at 10% of your income, with tax credits refunding the difference if you end up paying more. Red state politicians didn't tell you any of the positives., And your claim of $18k per year is nonsense, maybe for a platinum plan with $0 added out of pocket, but you could maybe chooses a gold, silver, or bronze plan if you wanted. Picking the most expensive plan and saying it is too expensive is like saying you can't afford a car because a Tesla is over $100k. Just foolishness.
I asked him if he went through the exchange in the pursuit of a policy.....No response.
As you and I both know the ACA requires the individual to do some work on his own. Doesn't look like he did much.
Remember too the insurer has to spend at least 85% of their premiums on actual payment of claims.
Now instead of improving and fixing what's wrong with the ACA cluckers and red state politicians want to have the ACA overturned by SCOTUS. If it happens then all the regulations and consumer protections are gone and we are right back where we started where insurers can payout as little as they want, charge whatever they want and deny coverage to whomever they want. But for some inexplicable reason this is what the cluckers and red state politicians want .

And as a result we'll go another half a century at least without a national healthcare plan and remain the world's only industrialized nation without one. So what do they think they have to gain? Simple . The red state politicians will see their campaign accounts swell. The lawyers who successfully argued the case will be specing out their yachts while the grunt who spent his life making somebody else rich will die impoverished and broke because he couldn't seek healthcare because he had money and no insurance.

vantexan

You KEEP proving how uninformed you are. More democrats from red states were up for re-election than Republicans from blue states in the senate who were elected way back in 2012. This cycle is closer to evenly matched.
Well then will be interesting to see how this one turns out. Tell me again who were the Red State Democrat senators who lost? The Blue State Republicans also?

NC man

More ignorance. MOST care under the ACA is not even subject to the deductible, AND it is a FIRM annual cap. You can get cancer screenings, required x-rays, MRIs, annual visits, office visits, etc ALL with no deductible. Your claim is BS, and a sign that you don't know what you are talking about. For most of the country, even your premium is capped at 10% of your income, with tax credits refunding the difference if you end up paying more. Red state politicians didn't tell you any of the positives., And your claim of $18k per year is nonsense, maybe for a platinum plan with $0 added out of pocket, but you could maybe chooses a gold, silver, or bronze plan if you wanted. Picking the most expensive plan and saying it is too expensive is like saying you can't afford a car because a Tesla is over $100k. Just foolishness.
it wasn't platinum plan and the premium was 1500 month that I looked at. say what you want but I can read. I just looked out of curiosity since I have ins at work.

dmac1

Fedex used the ACA as an excuses to raise premiums and lower benefits to increase their profit. Plain and simple.
Benefits were NOT lowered. An unlimited annual cap is an increased benefit from before. A yearly annual out of pocket cap fixed at the stated deductible is an increase in benefits compared to unlimited 'co-insurance.' Annual visits, x,rays, cancer screenings, immunizations etc not subject to a deductible or copay is an increase in benefits. Most care not being subject to the deductible is an increase. Having a total deductible for a family, which each only having a share of the deductible is an increase. A couple with an $8000 deductible may only have a $4000 deductible per person. And even then, the deductible does NOT apply to most medical care under the ACA. If fedex chose to put you in the bronze plan coverage area, that is not the fault of the ACA.

dmac1

Fedex drivers are employees of the independent contractos. you cant organize them
Yes they can- one contractor at a time, The unions could try to organize drivers for several contractors at a time or drivers for all the contractors in a terminal, or even across the country all at once, but each contractor would end up with their own union contract.

dmac1

it wasn't platinum plan and the premium was 1500 month that I looked at. say what you want but I can read. I just looked out of curiosity since I have ins at work.
Then you obviously have no clue what the benefits are and just posted to look ignorant. Looking only at premium and saying that it is worse coverage is especially dumb if you don't realize what you were liable for previously with lifetime and annual caps on benefits, and unlimited co-insurance under prior plans, which meant that your annual deductible prior to the ACA was not fixed. A fixed annual deductible of $7000, or even $12000 is better than co-insurance of 20% of a $150,000 bill ON TOP OF your stated deductible. IF you reach your annual cap halfway through spinal repair treatment, or cancer treatment, it is ALL on you prior to the ACA. And if you turn 40, and have back pain that requires medication or treatment, suddenly you have a pre-existing condition and could be dropped instantly if the insurer 'changed' their plan offerings. That won't happen under the ACA.

Face it, you were told that the ACA is evil incarnate by Trump, or Limbaugh, or Hannity or someone else wealthy who doesn't want to pay higher taxes to have a healthier population who could afford better insurance to start with.. And you fell for it because you don't have a clue about what you had before or what you have now. All you know is that your premiums went up, and don't even know if your families' out of pocket costs went down, and clearly you don't care, if you have a kid with cancer, or diabetes that you will save tens of thousands of dollars.

bacha29

Then you obviously have no clue what the benefits are and just posted to look ignorant. Looking only at premium and saying that it is worse coverage is especially dumb if you don't realize what you were liable for previously with lifetime and annual caps on benefits, and unlimited co-insurance under prior plans, which meant that your annual deductible prior to the ACA was not fixed. A fixed annual deductible of $7000, or even $12000 is better than co-insurance of 20% of a $150,000 ON TOP OF your stated deductible. IF you reach your annual halfway through spinal repair treatment, or cancer treatment, it is ALL on you prior to the ACA. And if you turn 40, and have back pain that requires medication or treatment, suddenly you have a pre-existing condition and could be dropped instantly if the insurer 'changed' their plan offerings. That won't happen under the ACA.

Face it, you were told that the ACA is evil incarnate by Trump, or Limbaugh, or Hannity or someone else wealthy who doesn't want to pay higher taxes to have a healthier population who could afford better insurance to start with.. And you fell for it because you don't have a clue about what you had before or what you have now. All you know is that your premiums went up, and don't even know if your families' out of pocket costs went down, and clearly you don't care, if you have a kid with cancer, or diabetes that you will save tens of thousands of dollars.
Spot on. I wonder how much of Limbaugh's cancer treatments are getting paid for by Medicare. And I still laugh when I think of the time when Tomi Lahren couldn't keep her mouth shut and left it slip out that she was still on her Dad's health insurance which was made possible by the ACA.

NC man

My point was I have ins thru employer, it got worse under ACA,FACT.how is my ins better if a hospital visit was $100 yrs ago ,max and now my deductible is around 4K and max roughly 9k. Before ACA. Emerg room visit 100, surgery 100 etc.went to hospital rlast year and Bill was 17k, 4500 on me, thats 4400 more than before ACA.the ACA stiffed the middle class for those that had to use it to cover the lower income that got govt subsidies which is the taxpayer.

bacha29

Yes they can- one contractor at a time, The unions could try to organize drivers for several contractors at a time or drivers for all the contractors in a terminal, or even across the country all at once, but each contractor would end up with their own union contract.
While there will be some variation but not a lot in contract terms between union locals, nationwide all will be under a national contract .
The tipping point may come when an increasing number of contractors simply run out of warm bodies because they have flat out depleted the supply of labor in their respective markets leaving them with the socioeconomic underclass and all the headaches they bring with them .

In turn they decide to pick their poison. Sign a contract that requires the compensation that will keep people on those routes and in those trucks and take his chances with Fat Freddy meaning that he could lose his contract two different ways. Either be terminated by signing a contract or be terminated because too many boxes piled up undelivered and too many missed pickups.

As I'm sure you know dmac the entire basis of the risks of contracting to Fat Freddy is that the contractor's investment has zero recognition inside the Fedex Corporation structure and a testament to that fact is found in the nature and terms of the completely one sided "take it or leave it "contract they have to sign. If the contractor's investment having zero representation isn't bad enough what's even worse that it's an investment that is completely unsecured.

The people IWBF accuse of having "failed" much more often than not are people who failed per say but rather were no longer willing to put anymore money at risk . The economic strength of a contractor's service area varies widely between contractors, is only so strong and is only worth a certain size and amount of unsecured investment .

NC man

Spot on. I wonder how much of Limbaugh's cancer treatments are getting paid for by Medicare. And I still laugh when I think of the time when Tomi Lahren couldn't keep her mouth shut and left it slip out that she was still on her Dad's health insurance which was made possible by the ACA.
Yea Obama was doing us a favor, remember Gruber. Jonathan Gruber, who helped write the Affordable Care Act, committing gaffes. the hated law was designed to fool the public. Gruber “said that lack of transparency was a major part of getting ObamaCare passed, and that it was written in such a way as to take advantage of ‘the stupidity of the American voter,’” Gruber was one of main writers of the bill in case you forgot.

bacha29

My point was I have ins thru employer, it got worse under ACA,FACT.how is my ins better if a hospital visit was $100 yrs ago ,max and now my deductible is around 4K and max roughly 9k. Before ACA. Emerg room visit 100, surgery 100 etc.went to hospital rlast year and Bill was 17k, 4500 on me, thats 4400 more than before ACA.the ACA stiffed the middle class for those that had to use it to cover the lower income that got govt subsidies which is the taxpayer.
If you're in a nonunion shop such as FDX Express it doesn't have to provide any employer sponsored or funded health insurance plan period.

As dmac pointed out, by all indications Fat Freddy dropped you into the bronze plan which is the cheapest and lowest coverage plan there is.

Remember Bud, the ACA has nothing to do with this. Instead, Fat Freddy made if crystal clear that he was indeed by hook or by crook going to cut costs at Express which is a service that is becoming too expensive to operate and he did it because there was nothing and nobody standing in his way when it came to cutting employee compensation. And there's nothing you nonunion Express grunts can do but just eat it and smile until you finally decide to take matters into your own hands draw a line in the dirt and make your final stand.

It will be fine

Yea Obama was doing us a favor, remember Gruber. Jonathan Gruber, who helped write the Affordable Care Act, committing gaffes. the hated law was designed to fool the public. Gruber “said that lack of transparency was a major part of getting ObamaCare passed, and that it was written in such a way as to take advantage of ‘the stupidity of the American voter,’” Gruber was one of main writers of the bill in case you forgot.
D835A959-1CB2-43F7-AC09-1A75E40A308E.gif