Maybe now is the right time to organize

vantexan

It is possible. Kick the idiot in chief to the curb and it becomes even more possible.
If it were possible wouldn't a union have already tried to organize them? If Express can't get it done when they're actual employees how are the employees of thousands of contractors going to when they don't work directly for FedEx? And one big thing you're missing. Most Ground drivers live essentially paycheck to paycheck. They have bills to pay, kids to feed. Highly unlikely that most are going to risk their job and get behind on bills to walk a picket line even if it was possible.

floridays

It would be done by a union organizing like those of that built the unions. The conditions are ripe for this to happen with the help of law makers and a pro union president.
Not good enough, he was speaking of ground drivers.
Tell me how this could possibly happen.

vantexan

It would be done by a union organizing like those of that built the unions. The conditions are ripe for this to happen with the help of law makers and a pro union president.
Then why didn't it happen in 2010 when the Dems controlled the government? Oh, right, they sold us out.

floridays

Like I said there would need to be a massive group that organize at once. It's called power in numbers. Ttku....
I am keeping up, at Express that would work, at fedex ground, actual employees, that would work, fedex ground drivers....... not a chance in hell.

vantexan

The organizing wasn't there. Pure and simple. Teamsters were nowhere to be found on the Express side.
The Teamsters weren't going to sink a lot of money into a lost cause. The Dems not only didn't pass the Express Employees Relief Act attached to the FAA bill, but the number of employees in a craft needed to sign union cards to force a vote went from 35% to 50%. And now you're talking about organizing thousands of union shops, one for each contractor. All of this was thought out and implemented a long time ago to keep unionizing from happening. If it was as easy as you say the Teamsters or another union would've jumped on it.

MAKAVELI

Conditions may be ripe, I don't know.
Ripe or not there isn't a thing lawmakers or a president can do to help ground drivers organize.

Nothing.
Laws can be created to make organizing of employees of contractors to a Corp easier. I know you cuckservatives don't like that sort of thing though

MAKAVELI

The Teamsters weren't going to sink a lot of money into a lost cause. The Dems not only didn't pass the Express Employees Relief Act attached to the FAA bill, but the number of employees in a craft needed to sign union cards to force a vote went from 35% to 50%. And now you're talking about organizing thousands of union shops, one for each contractor. All of this was thought out and implemented a long time ago to keep unionizing from happening. If it was as easy as you say the Teamsters or another union would've jumped on it.
Never said it would be easy. Just now is the time if ever.

vantexan

Laws can be created to make organizing of employees of contractors to a Corp easier. I know you cuckservatives don't like that sort of thing though
Doesn't matter what we like. You have to get past the hurdle of lawmakers needing cash for campaigns, and you'd be tied up in courts forever. What you need is lawmakers saying the contract model is a sham and FedEx has to bring Ground drivers in as employees, ending the contract model. Until you get that you're facing the Get Smart doors slamming in your face.

Ghost in the Darkness

Gave you plenty of examples... you respond with no its not possible thats why I gave you the funny. Yes folding fedex ground is the better option if faced with that. Easier said until it isn't.

floridays

Van, dead horse, don't keep beating it.

I told the precise way, (Express side) to get their attention, meaning force them to respond, without signing cards, teamsters would have been there the next day. The clowns are either happy or they don't know the position of power they hold and do not see.

The clowns can't see the forest for the trees, while holding chainsaws in their hands. You are one, if I recall correctly, that spoke against what I said.

No skin off my back, I've got mine, won't help me in the least.

I'm just trying to help some people, that like to bitch about their standing as employees under the RLA, get to the promised land.

This again has nothing to do with ground drivers.

Ghost in the Darkness

Btw as its already been said and generally understood... the desire to organize will have to come from within workers at fedex. Teamsters or any other entity trying to convince them isn't going to make it happen. A breaking point of drivers and workers getting pissed off and done with the working conditions is and only will be the catalyst for change. The whole point of why I started this thread is to gauge where its at. Maybe its not there yet maybe not even close... maybe the question should be how many more years of 1 day off a week will it take?
If you are going to quit why not choose to fight instead... nothing to lose at that point.

floridays

Really, exactly who do these employees work for then, fedex corp. or the independent contractor that hired them?

Ghost in the Darkness

So lets just be clear you say its impossible because they will fold fedex ground and you know that for a fact before dealing with any organized labor movement because thats what it could come down to.

Ghost in the Darkness

A major work stoppage resulting in firings/rehiring/turnover/inexperienced workers can be even more diseasterous for fedex than what the '97 strike was for UPS. Those problems don't solve themselves overnight or weeks or months or even years.

floridays

So lets just be clear you say its impossible because they will fold fedex ground and you know that for a fact before dealing with any organized labor movement because thats what it could come down to.
I never said anything like that.
Don't attempt to put words in my mouth.
Contractors have existing contracts with fedex.
There is nothing a court can do to dissolve these legal contracts.
There is no union on God's earth that would consider representing employees (drivers) from thousands of contractors whose drivers aren't even employees of the company they presume to strike.