Maybe now is the right time to organize

floridays

Not speaking against what you said, just don't see that hub or ramp employees will get couriers what they want. The company might give them some more money but it'll stop at them. As it stands right now there's simply no way Ground employees can organize but people only want to hear what they want to happen.
Understood about the "ground" drivers. In the express sense, if hubs and ramps would move, and couriers don't seize the moment, they deserve to be lost.
Not to be mean but in my mind the problem lies in your thinking.
What I spoke of was the hub and ramps leading the way, for all. Couriers can't get the companies attention on the scale needed. Airport workers can, but won't, if they would couriers could tag along.
My benefit if it happened would be zero. I've only witnessed what you have for 25 plus years.
I think it's nice to leave something better for those that follow.

FedexGirl

This job isn’t a career anymore, so it’s pointless to try to organize. It’s just about a body in a seat, and service is an afterthought. Quality costs more - customers are being conditioned to expect the mediocre.

McFeely

Huge Member
Quality costs more - customers are being conditioned to expect the mediocre.

And I'm getting more and more pissed off customers. Especially the regular residential P1 stops that now get their stuff 90 minutes later than usual.

That being said, I don't know if UPS's service is much better in my area. The drivers I know are great, but they're overworked and dispatched late as well.

falcon back

And I'm getting more and more pissed off customers. Especially the regular residential P1 stops that now get their stuff 90 minutes later than usual.

That being said, I don't know if UPS's service is much better in my area. The drivers I know are great, but they're overworked and dispatched late as well.
That's odd. Even though resi commit is noon, I hear very comments from them concerning 1230 or 1300 deliveries. Even those working from home don't seem to mind a later delivery as long as they get it. With volume up close to 15%, exactly how do the know it alls on the site expect the company to keep up with the spike in volume? You cant pull people out of a hat like a magician and it takes several months to hire, train and get new employees in place. Nobody could have predicted the virus and nobody could have predicted the incredible increase in volume.

McFeely

Huge Member
That's odd. Even though resi commit is noon, I hear very comments from them concerning 1230 or 1300 deliveries. Even those working from home don't seem to mind a later delivery as long as they get it.

For the customers I have that seem upset about it, one is a surgeon and the other is in medical equipment sales. Both wait for their Express deliveries before they can truly start their workday. The frustration for them is that the new 1200 commit time hasn't been communicated to them (except from me) and the price that is being paid for their P1 delivery stayed the same. I do my best to take care of them and all of my business customers, but there's only so much you can do when you leave the building at 1000.

Many other P1 commits (resi and business) have no clue what our commit times are. Those ones typically don't care, as long as they get their stuff.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Like I said there would need to be a massive group that organize at once. It's called power in numbers. Ttku....

That power in numbers only works when directed toward a common foe. The power of IWBF's guys ends with IWBF and all he has to worry about is keeping half of them happy enough to remain union-free. It wouldn't be one big war consisting of a large number of drivers organizing against Ground, it would be many small battles consisting of small groups of drivers organizing against third parties of varying sizes and pocketbooks.

If they want to give it a shot, I've got plenty of beer and popcorn.

FedexGirl

Agree - there are resi customers who actually NEED what they paid money for and I get the trace messages to prove it. Trouble is, when you leave at 1000, and have to straight line in order to get all the pups that the one drivers used to get, you are stuck pushing p1 resi further back.

FedexGirl

For the customers I have that seem upset about it, one is a surgeon and the other is in medical equipment sales. Both wait for their Express deliveries before they can truly start their workday. The frustration for them is that the new 1200 commit time hasn't been communicated to them (except from me) and the price that is being paid for their P1 delivery stayed the same. I do my best to take care of them and all of my business customers, but there's only so much you can do when you leave the building at 1000.

Many other P1 commits (resi and business) have no clue what our commit times are. Those ones typically don't care, as long as they get their stuff.
Isn’t there a law against selling a product you have absolutely no intention of providing? Is Fedex becoming the Fyre Festival of delivery companies? 😖

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You lack understanding.
The business model, drivers, working for independent contractors makes it a non starter. There is no chance as the business model stands.
How independent are they? Do they set their own rates? I have a feeling that are not independent at all and it's a way to not pay taxes.

vantexan

Understood about the "ground" drivers. In the express sense, if hubs and ramps would move, and couriers don't seize the moment, they deserve to be lost.
Not to be mean but in my mind the problem lies in your thinking.
What I spoke of was the hub and ramps leading the way, for all. Couriers can't get the companies attentiLAon on the scale needed. Airpor t workers can, but won't, if they would couriers could tag along.
My benefit if it happened would be zero. I've only witnessed what you have for 25 plus years.
I think it's nice to leave something better for those that follow.
The crux of the matter is will enough hub and ramp employees participate? And will couriers follow? Will FedEx quickly give in? You're asking people who don't have union support, aren't following RLA rules to establish a union, to risk their jobs.

48meeting

They're overworked but getting paid for it.
Ups drivers dont have to go into cans and offload the freight. Just buckle and go.
I think express drivers are overworked imo. Doing more for less 😇. I smell hot dogs cooking a week before a raise haha. That should keep everyone happy.

floridays

The crux of the matter is will enough hub and ramp employees participate? And will couriers follow? Will FedEx quickly give in? You're asking people who don't have union support, aren't following RLA rules to establish a union, to risk their jobs.
I'm not asking anyone to do anything, I simply offered the only vehicle to get chronic bitchers what they want.

I've said numerous times here it will not happen, search it, it's there many times.
This moment, the perfect situation, the perfect elements to go union may never present themselves again.

:censored2: or get off the pot.
BTW, where is this massive social media attempt to get card signers?
No guts no glory, no step program either.

Cat's, it's like herding cats.